Line Combos: David Krejci's time to shine

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
Call me naive or unrealistically optimistic but I believe in David Krejci. Despite our recent slide and Ottawa ousting us from the 8 spot last night, I believe in this team because of Krejci. Krejci has consistently gone into beast mode in the playoffs when we need him the most. We are now fighting for our playoff lives and it is DK's time to shine.

Don't get me wrong. We've played like **** and I think we would continue to fold but for the return of King David. I believe he will carry us into the playoffs and earn his keep as he has before. Also bear in mind that the return of DK will make the other lines more effective by way of facing lesser competition. Spooner, as well as he's played, will likely be the largest beneficiary of DK's return.

(Lifted from Puck Daddy Article: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ins-close-deal-on-playoff-spot-140832300.html)

'When he’s been in the lineup this season, Boston’s corsi against per 60 minutes is 51.3 (eighth-best in the league). Now, his personal shot suppression numbers aren’t really anything to write home about, but the good thing you can say about him is that he plays moderately difficult competition — obviously not to Bergeron’s level, but that’s rare on a league-wide basis — and prevents Claude Julien from having to run out Chris Kelly and Carl Soderberg in those situations instead.

Without him, the corsi against per 60 worsens to 55.2, which drops them to a tie for 19th in the league over that time.'

It ain't over yet folks.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
That's why I want him and Bergy split up, two lines that can control the puck and spend more time in the offensive zone considering how vulnerable our D is right now.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
That's why I want him and Bergy split up, two lines that can control the puck and spend more time in the offensive zone considering how vulnerable our D is right now.

Agreed. I think something like this would be optimal:

Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Soda-DK-Loui
Lucic-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site

Agreed. I'm very surprised that CJ would move Krejci to RW before moving Soderberg to LW. My first choice would be Campbell the press box, but let's not go there...

Soderberg-Krejci-Eriksson could be a decent line. Then run 4 C's Krejci-Bergeron-Spooner-Campbell... not bad.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Soda-DK-Loui
Lucic-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

That ****ing fourth line actually would have the chance to be extremely effective.

But, for the life of me, I can't see Julien taking both Paille and Campbell out of the lineup. I will be pleasantly surprised if he does.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
That ****ing fourth line actually would have the chance to be extremely effective.

But, for the life of me, I can't see Julien taking both Paille and Campbell out of the lineup. I will be pleasantly surprised if he does.

And it may very well be his downfall, well deserved if so.

bruin blades*

krejci bergy marchy prac together today good line 34-21-18 another solid 3rd line nothing is over bruins gotta bear down play hard and smart 6-2-1 in final 9 should nail the last spot caps have a 3 game road trip to mtl ott and det followed by bruins and nyr we can catch em

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013

Marchy-Bergy-Smith
Soda-DK-Loui
Lucic-Spooner-Pasta
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Without Connelly back in the lineup, this is exactly the lineup I want to see on the ice for the remainder of the season. If Connelly is back, slot him in for Smitty to see how he is.

1 problem!

Clode

remer

Oct 18, 2005
You will come down to earth once the Ducks beat us and Rangers run us aside Saturday afternoon.
You can hope, but reality is that this team is finished this year.

OutspokenMinority*

I'm on board! No retreat! No Surrender!

In Krejci I Trust!!

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I think putting our team's hope on a player who has spent the majority of the season on IR is folly.
I hope that DK comes back and tears it up, but I have my doubts that he will.

More realistically, I see him struggling initially to get his game back which will not be helpful to the team. But in a season such as this where what can go wrong has.....what can you do.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Upon Krecj'i Return

If krecji comes back this Thursday or the next game does CJ have the intelligence to put L.E. on the 1st line and try to create the most amount attack possible going down the stretch and try to fight every inch to make the PO's?

Personally, I hope he does because this team needs some sort of new life and right now this seems the only light that is out there going down the stretch fighting for the 8th spot position.

If Krecji comes back and CJ does not do anything creative with his two 1st lines and they fail to make the po's, I have no issues if he does get fired/
CJ should be doing everything under his power to create the best 2 lines possible to gain all potential goal scoring possibilities to help us win from now to the end of the season.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
If krecji comes back this Thursday or the next game does CJ have the intelligence to put L.E. on the 1st line and try to create the most amount attack possible going down the stretch and try to fight every inch to make the PO's?

Personally, I hope he does because this team needs some sort of new life and right now this seems the only light that is out there going down the stretch fighting for the 8th spot position.

If Krecji comes back and CJ does not do anything creative with his two 1st lines and they fail to make the po's, I have no issues if he does get fired/
CJ should be doing everything under his power to create the best 2 lines possible to gain all potential goal scoring possibilities to help us win from now to the end of the season.

Not a chance.

Practice Lineup March 25

Gold Jerseys: Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Krejci - Daniel Paille

White: Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak

Gray: Reilly Smith - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson

Burgundy: Chris Kelly - Gregory Campbell - Max Talbot - Brian Ferlin

Zdeno Chara - Adam McQuaid

Torey Krug - Dennis Seidenberg

Matt Bartkowski - Zach Trotman

Goalies: Tuukka Rask, Niklas Svedberg

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Yeah, taking Spooner out of the line-up is criminal. But that's what will probably happen...

Soda really needs to go to wing.

But I trust Clode will pass on thinking and just go Spooner out, Krejci in.

I want to see some professional growth, Clode. Work with what you have!

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Not a chance.

Practice Lineup March 25

Gold Jerseys: Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Krejci - Daniel Paille

White: Milan Lucic - Ryan Spooner - David Pastrnak

Gray: Reilly Smith - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson

Burgundy: Chris Kelly - Gregory Campbell - Max Talbot - Brian Ferlin

Zdeno Chara - Adam McQuaid

Torey Krug - Dennis Seidenberg

Matt Bartkowski - Zach Trotman

Goalies: Tuukka Rask, Niklas Svedberg

Thanks Sooshi,
If this is the scenario, I must admit that I finally would like to see CJ fired.
CJ needs to do something creative that id fresh and innovative that can boost a spark to the rear ends of each of these players so we can at least say that they did everything possible with the means that they have to bolster their chances to win their remaining games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad