Value of: David Krejci

Ryanfrancis4426

Jan 9, 2010
Abington, MA
I’ve always loved DK but the Bruins badly need to shed some salary with Carlo and McAvoy to re-sign. What would you be willing to give for Krejci and his 7.5 mill cap hit? Would Boston have to add to shed the contract? Was excellent last season but not so much in the playoffs. Offer Away!

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
If we're shedding salary, it'll probably be a player like Kevin Miller first. If we need more drastic measures, maybe Torey Krug (although very doubtful).

We can't be running Charlie Coyle at 2nd line center.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
They should have enough room to comfortable sign both of those guys without having to move money out. I think Krejci retires a Bruin
I would agree.

They’ll plug and play some kids on his RW again and pray one of them is useful.

At the TDL they will have more room again to add, just like this past year.

Reactions: Gator Mike

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
I’ve always loved DK but the Bruins badly need to shed some salary with Carlo and McAvoy to re-sign. What would you be willing to give for Krejci and his 7.5 mill cap hit? Would Boston have to add to shed the contract? Was excellent last season but not so much in the playoffs. Offer Away!

Outside of the final, Krejci was great in the playoffs.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017

A couple of things, first, from what I can see they have enough space to re-sign those guys and keep Krejci and most importantly, who would take Krejci's spot? Do you want them to just give up any chance of contention for the next couple of seasons? If they are trading Krejci without a replacement then they might as well trade Bergeron, Marchand, Rask and Chara too.

The hole created by trading Krejci without an immediate replacement is way too big of an obstacle for them to overcome. There is no player in the system or a UFA that would be available for Krejci's salary that can step in right now, not that I can see. So I believe that this would be among the most ill advised courses of action that the Bruins could take. You show me who is going to take his place and play at the same level and I would rethink my stance but I don't see it.

I do not think the situation is what you seem to think it is. I believe one or both of Krug and Miller would be moved before Krejci or any of those other players I mentioned.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
With mediocre linemates.

But go ahead and sign Kevin Hayes instead.

As for the OP, Krejci isn't going anywhere. He has an NMC and a young family and he's good.

Actually he had one last year but this year it is modified so he has to provide a list of 50% of teams he would accept to play for if they ask him too. Still, I don't think he will or should be traded.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Krejci is the ideal bridge the Avs could use at 2C,
but much like previously discussed with Vegas Stastny, it would likely have to be a trade where the team was needing to move the player rather than selling to get full value.

I don't see why Boston would need to sell Krejci this season.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
People talking like Krejci is a cap dump in any way have no idea. He is a #1/2 C with good two-way skills and an excellent playoff resume and experience. If he was a UFA this summer, he’d probably get signed for 9-10 million per year, which is more than he makes now.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
1. They don't need to shed cap.
2. If they did, it wouldn't be their 70+ point C on a good contract and producing well every playoffs.
3. There is a long list of guys that would be moved for 'cap' reasons if a RFA or big UFA was signed before him.

Reactions: Skelen

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
People talking like Krejci is a cap dump in any way have no idea. He is a #1/2 C with good two-way skills and an excellent playoff resume and experience. If he was a UFA this summer, he’d probably get signed for 9-10 million per year, which is more than he makes now.
As a hab fan
I agree

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

Why would a team need to pay someone to take a 73 point center making 7.25m(not 7.5) for only 2 more years?

Reactions: Skelen and Bruhin

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Jesus christ, you shed salary with:

Miller - 2.5
Moore - 2.75
Backes - 6

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Unless the Bruins are some how bringing in a true #1 center it makes no sense to move Krejci. Would be a big step backwards to a team that is looking to add if anything. I still think if Krejci was playing with a star wing he could put up close to 100 pts.

Reactions: Skelen

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

David Backes.

No reason whatsoever that the B's need to dump DKs salary. Who plays second line center? This team goes into a rebuild if they trade DK because Coyle isn't a second line center and none of the kids in the system have proven a thing.

There is room to resign the RFAs.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Think they might want to keep Moore. That expansion draft is right around the corner

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Still a productive player but there is a lot of wear on those tires at his age. Likely still productive for the next two years of his deal, but can’t afford him on the Jets. Not to mention no reason for him to waive to go to any team......I’m sure he’s happy in Boston

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
2nd on the Bruins in ES points. 11th in the NHL for ESP for centers. Makes the same as Kevin Hayes for just 2 more years. Bruins fans want to cap dump him.

We don't deserve nice things.

Reactions: easton117

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
2nd on the Bruins in ES points. 11th in the NHL for ESP for centers. Makes the same as Kevin Hayes for just 2 more years. Bruins fans want to cap dump him.

We don't deserve nice things.
Agreed.

If they had a Seguin sitting on the 3rd line ready to go it would be a no brainer to move Krejci. But they traded that guy several years ago.

As it stands now they have two steadily aging 1/2 centres and a good mix of bottom line centres. What they don’t have is anyone ready to take the reigns of the top two any time soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad