Tribute David Kämpf

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I think they should go the load management route with Kase. Especially with how he plays the game.

He and Kampf have been a revelation for us so far this year.

Reactions: Mickey Marner

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Remember when refs almost had personalities on the ice? Koharski already mentioned. Koharski could be outright petty. That guy who was a former NHL enforcer, Paul Stewart, he loved to call games to maximize the mayhem. Referee Supercuts (Kerry Fraser) who seemed to live to break new ground with new interpretations of the rulebook. Bill McCreary, the only referee I say had a bit of a bias in favour of the Leafs. Denis Morel and Dan Marouelli, two referees with a severe bias against the Leafs.

Reactions: DirkStraun

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
we finally have access to a 23 man roster. sit them both a game ......... its a marathon not a sprint
I would only really do that if they still suspected Kampf to have a concussion. If he passed protocol, he'd be back in my lineup.

I think the Leafs actually handled it better than most would have. By all accounts they held him out of the game on Wednesday purely on precautionary reasons, and not because they suspected him to have a concussion. A lot of times these things tend to manifest a bit more if you push it, they wanted to see how he felt the day after impact. It sounds like he felt good enough to practice yesterday, so if he feels good today, I'd say they are largely free and clear.

I understand its a marathon and not a sprint. I am 100% on board with taking an extra day rest here and there to keep guys fresh. But Kampf is among the most fit guys on the team. I don't think he eats anything that would be considered bad for you. He's built like a thoroughbred, I say we let that colt run. It's what he'd likely want as well.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Remember when refs almost had personalities on the ice? Koharski already mentioned. Koharski could be outright petty. That guy who was a former NHL enforcer, Paul Stewart, he loved to call games to maximize the mayhem. Referee Supercuts (Kerry Fraser) who seemed to live to break new ground with new interpretations of the rulebook. Bill McCreary, the only referee I say had a bit of a bias in favour of the Leafs. Denis Morel and Dan Marouelli, two referees with a severe bias against the Leafs.

No I don't remember. Certainly not as facts.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021

I have as much hate for Koharski as I do Fraser regarding 1993 Kings/Leafs series. Game 2 which I attended, he dominated that game and gave the series to LA every bit as much as Fraser. Hate to complain about officiating like that, makes me sound like a Bruin fan, but Koharski f***ed us

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I have as much hate for Koharski as I do Fraser regarding 1993 Kings/Leafs series. Game 2 which I attended, he dominated that game and gave the series to LA every bit as much as Fraser. Hate to complain about officiating like that, makes me sound like a Bruin fan, but Koharski f***ed us

Good memory, 10 minor penalties called against Toronto that game.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Call me a homer, which for the most part of my life, I was a total homer.

But Kampf and Kamakazi for me, are better than Hyman...I am impressed that someone finally thought outside of the cereal box, and put two childhood friends together.. Same for two young best friend swedes on defence...

Looking forward to the game tonight, a lot...Dubas had a tremendous off season in my books...

Lol, if Ritchie finally matures as an NHLer, which, by gar, I think he will, god help the rest of the league stopping us...

Still think a lot of this happy pill going around is having this crazy cool nutbar goalie who is stopping everything, and Rielly being locked up for a lifetime...

I think the team just really grabbed on to these catalysts...

And so they should...

Instead of a national anthem tonight, youse people, should watch rielly in this clip. Best clip of the private lives of nhlers I have ever seen.

GDT: - Around the League - 2021/22 Season

Last edited by a moderator:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
70DEB908-711D-4FF7-99E3-82F49BDF80CF.jpeg

He’s winning some key draws

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Kampf has been better in Toronto than Chicago imo, just off the eye test. He has a synergy with Kase which he never had with anyone while in Chicago which helps.

I feel like getting encouragement/confidence from the coach is a big help whereas in Chicago the staff seemed mostly indifferent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad