Tribute David Kämpf

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Didn't expect much out of him at all, but he's quietly been extremely effective in his role

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Hoping they become the next Berg,, Zezel,, Osborne.

Zezel had a little more offense to his game, but Kampf is as legit as it comes as a shutdown guy.

Reactions: Varcus and ULF_55

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
A hit to the head isn’t always illegal. Kampf was leading with his head and skated into the lane of another player skating by. Honestly shouldn’t have even been a penalty.

That's the best angle I have seen. I only saw the one from the game full speed from behind Kampf.

With that information I retract my earlier statements. That can't be a suspension.

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
So? I don’t even know who that is, but the TV personalities more and more know less than the average fan

Edit: Retired ref, so I guess he has some merit. Still don’t think it was all that illegal

He is specifically hired to explain calls on the ice. So he is not on the panel or anything. He is also one of the most highly decorated referees in NHL history.

In general it comes down to the question wether the hit could have been avoided. On one of the replays it is clearly visible that the LA Kings-player sees Kämpf coming and could have done more to avoid the hit. In my opinion that does indeed make it an illegal hit to the head.

But whatever. Hopefully Kämpf is not seriously hurt.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I think its head related like @zeke said. You usually don't hold a player out for "precautionary reasons" with respect to any other body part lol

I can't think of one other injury that would be the case for TBH. He looked dazed when he got popped. Not sure I see a ton of intent behind the hit, think it was 2 players just focused on the puck and they collided. Unfortunately our guy got the worst of it

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
How could you not know who Don Koharski is?
Really liked TNT calling in a former referee for his perspective... makes it much more interesting. For instance his perspective on the referee who should have caught the penalty being in only his 2nd game or something and how his arm only went up after a linesman's went up - thought that was cool bit of insight.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Thank god he’s fine

him and Kase started to really look dangerous and it seemed like that was gonna be ruined, but looks like he’s fine

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I thought Ritchie caught Hutton with an accidental shot to the head in the NYI game.
There was no penalty call on that play however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad