David Desharnais

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Did Montreal lose to Ottawa because DD played two minutes too many?

hmmm 18:44 is like 5 minutes too much.
Chucky and Mitchell's lines were effective and not used nearly enough.
Not to mention that Flash & Dash weren't all that great 5v5.
There is only so much water in that well and the bucket came up empty this time.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
One of the most valuable aspects of having DD on the team is that it takes all of the pressure off everyone else to produce at all. It must be a relief for the other players to know that they have no responsibility for losses as long as DD is around.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
hmmm 18:44 is like 5 minutes too much.
Chucky and Mitchell's lines were effective and not used nearly enough.
Not to mention that Flash & Dash weren't all that great 5v5.
There is only so much water in that well and the bucket came up empty this time.

Men There always something about DD.

Simple put it that way:

Did the team play okay to good... yes
Did it corsi win... yes
What was missing last night... Goals...
Did Gachenyuk & Plekky lines generate a lot of goal the last few games... no...
What was the lines that was doing it... dd and Mitchell
Will we rely of a 4th line... no

Because the team struggle to score goal & DD line work well lately, MT use more That game...

Did it work? no... Did any other prove without a doubt base on the last 4 games that it was the wrong decision...

NO

THAT IS.

The global TOI of that line is still lower than Plekky even Galchenyuk... Look at the production (GF 60 min, GA 60 min)... so?

Would it be Galchenyuk Line that was production and getting that TOI after 14 games... what would you say?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Saying that we lost because DD played too much is beyond moronic.

We lost because Anderson had a great game(always seems to do it against us) and Pageau capitalized on a Subban miscue.

A lot of the garbage I read on here is why I barely post any more. When we win it's all because of Bergevin Galchenyuk Subban and Price, when we lose it's because Therrien was coaching and Deshranis and Gilbert were dressed...pathetic!

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
One of the most valuable aspects of having DD on the team is that it takes all of the pressure off everyone else to produce at all. It must be a relief for the other players to know that they have no responsibility for losses as long as DD is around.

I lol'd.

Honestly, seems to be the case on these boards.

Yes, DD played too much. No, he did not cost the game.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
In fact... who was on iCE on the only goal for

Who was on ice on the only goal against

so it partial justified anyways...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I lol'd.

Honestly, seems to be the case on these boards.

Yes, DD played too much. No, he did not cost the game.

He/They played too much because they were the best unit.

From my perspective, that's everything BUT their problem.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Winners take games like this and look at positives and build on those and look for things that they can do to improve the outcome. The Habs badly outshot Ottawa and met up with a goaltender who played great. The Habs scored on their PP - good. They scored a goal that wasn't counted. You could blame Gallagher for coming into contact with Anderson but I want him to keep going hard to the net just like he did. DD played good again and is being rewarded. Condon is the man. What a great surprise he has been. The three on three is a crapshoot just like the shootout. Oh well, if we're going to lose a game, and we will, then at least we get some experience with OT.
I liked the challenge too. Might as well take the chance on a challenge when it might result in a goal against a tender that has been hard to beat rather than hoping that something else comes up where you can use it. Not a bad gamble IMO.
Losers look for someone to blame. That's easier for sure but only a lousy coach or teammate does that on a regular basis and hopes to be successful.
Way more to like about this game than not like - other than the final score that is.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
here's 3 facts for you, FACTS that you can check youself on nhl.com if you want...

1- DD played 17+ minutes twice this season (vs OTT and vs VAN)
2- Habs lost both games
3- DD has no points, zero, in those two games.

DD was a huge part of why we scored last night. He might not have gotten an A but he deserved one for his play that led to the goal.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
This thread is definitely missing something ;)

kyhvxNQ.png

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I wasn't a DD fan over the last few seasons. But not that he is playing on the third line with Fleish and Weise I really like what I've seen.

Not to mention Desharnais helped set up the only goal Montreal managed last night.

You aren't going to win every game with or without Desharnais and last night was hardly due to his icetime.

He has been the hottest hab of late so would it not make sense to use the hot hand to try to get a goal or two?

Why isn't there a forum about how bad Pacioretty has played the last 4 or so games? Let alone that OT giveaway

Last edited by a moderator:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
FACT:

1) Jeff Petry had more ice-time than any dman against Edmonton and Vancouver, the Habs only regulation losses.

2) In the loss to Edmonton, DD had less ice-time than all the top-six forwards.

huh no... 6 forwards played more than him, two of wich are his own linemates...

and whoever were Galchenyuk wingers, they did play less than DD, unless said wingers were two of Gallagher, Patches, Weise or Fleishmann...

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I love DD this season, he's doing exactly what we need as a 3rd line center. That line has been incredible and DD is a big part of it.

I don't want him on the top line but on the 3rd line he's perfect.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Why isn't there a forum about how bad Pacioretty has played the last 4 or so games? Let alone that OT giveaway.

Because we all know DD is the problem why Patches or anyone else on the roster is doing bad, that is why there will never be a thread about how bad Patches is playing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Because we all know DD is the problem why Patches or anyone else on the roster is doing bad, that is why there will never be a thread about how bad Patches is playing.

Exactly. Max can't play well when DD is around. And neither can anyone else. How could any of them possibly score goals with DD around. Even the thought of it is just absurd. I think he's a wizard of some kind

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
DD was a huge part of why we scored last night. He might not have gotten an A but he deserved one for his play that led to the goal.

FACT:

1) Jeff Petry had more ice-time than any dman against Edmonton and Vancouver, the Habs only regulation losses.

2) In the loss to Edmonton, DD had less ice-time than all the top-six forwards.

I really don't think you want to bring up DD in Edmonton. He had less ice time but he made the dumbest mistake at the end giving the lead to them with 40sec left.

Not that I agree that it's why we lose, but people are bringing this up because it's a recurring theme.
I believe last year it was Eller's record when he plays more than DD. His winning percentage was incredibly high, and we're not talking 2-3 games.

Again, not that I think DD is the reason we lost. The guy has arguably been our best forward this year. But Weise playing close to 18min with him is crazy. I don't care how many more goals he scores, your third line should stick to third line minutes.
Now if it's because you had Jordan Staal coming up and your winger depth suck, well I can understand moving him up to play with Crosby from time to time, making his ice time go up.
Not the case here, and for the love of God, fix the damn top six with skilled players.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Same old

It should be clear after 4 years that Desharnais is our franchise centre in the eyes of our coach.

We have an elite goaltenter, defenceman and winger, but DD will once again lead our offensive centres.

Configured this way the Habs can contend for the President's Trophy: that's MT and DD's limit.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I have been one of Desharnais' biggest detractors in the past, I was willing to trade him for a pick.

This season, however, he is being used perfectly and I love him.

Things change.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Folks, tons of posts here have been deleted by multiple mods, some infractions have been given and there have been threadbans.

I'm sure a hockey discussion can take place if we all give it our best so let's dial down the personal stuff please. Thanks!

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I love DD this season, he's doing exactly what we need as a 3rd line center. That line has been incredible and DD is a big part of it.

I don't want him on the top line but on the 3rd line he's perfect.

THIS! So much of this. His size is a liability against top lines who are big, fast and talented. Put him up against 3rd and 4th liners and suddenly his size isn't an issue as he is faster and more talented than them, and he can exploit those aspects.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
THIS! So much of this. His size is a liability against top lines who are big, fast and talented. Put him up against 3rd and 4th liners and suddenly his size isn't an issue as he is faster and more talented than them, and he can exploit those aspects.
There's very little to complain about with his game this year. I agree he gets too much icetime sometimes and MT leans on him way too much but let's give credit where it's due. DD has been very good this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad