Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
First, the difference between Max and Desharnais on the PP is the following:
Pacioretty gets a pass because he's one of the best scorer in the league
Desharnais doesn't get a pass because he's not one of the best at anything.

Funny stats here: Pacioretty has more goals this month playing with Eller and Plek on the PK than he got playing Powerplay with Desharnais......

I'm making a little thing this month....where Desharnais' production coming from:

1A (Anaheim): Got a secondary 5-on-4 assist in a 3-0 losing game with 2 minutes left in the game
1A (LA): Won a faceoff. (Off. Zone starts)
1A (LA): Sweet primary pass to Max who only tip it in
1G (Carolina): 6-on-5 goal, sweet pass from Gilbert, tip-in
1G (Nashville): Left completely alone in the slot, one-timer. Great goal.
1A (Winnipeg): Won a faceoff (Off. Zone starts)
1A (Florida): 4-on-3 primary assists
1A (Tampa Bay): 5-on-4 secondary assists

What would happen if Desharnais lose some of his Offensive zone starts....some of his PP....Nothing much left after that, isn't?

2nd line should make him lose some of those things....unless you're talking about using him on the 2nd line but still give him all the offensive game situation like Therrien did the last time around.

44 straight games without scoring a goal on the PP

Of course, there's no problem!!
Geez...why don't you cut off DD's legs and take away his stick while your at it. Just use the facts as oppose to the what ifs to prove a point. I know he sucks but to create a worse case scenario to prove your point is not really proving a point, it's more of a self creation and exaggeration to vent your hate. He's an undrafted player that takes what's given to him, not a first round flop

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Geez...why don't you cut off DD's legs and take away his stick while your at it. Just use the facts as oppose to the what ifs to prove a point. I know he sucks but to create a worse case scenario to prove your point is not really proving a point, it's more of a self creation and exaggeration to vent your hate. He's an undrafted player that takes what's given to him, not a first round flop

I don't know what's the scenario i invented here....i used facts actually.

As for the rest, an undrafted flop or a 1st round flop.....still a flop in the end

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
There was a shift last night where I was convinced that MT had finally put AG at centre. We were pinned in our zone and Davey was up at the left point while AG was in the middle of the ice cutting of passing lanes and taking the man on down low.

Then, sure enough, as they broke out of the zone, Alex heads to the left wing and Davey back to centre ice... It was truly bizarre.

Did anyone else see this? Would love to watch that shift again. It was 5-10 left in the 3rd I believe.

Saw this, and thought the same thing. Then, I was disappointed. I really can't believe I thought for a moment that MT did something brilliant.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Somebody repost Millhouse's posts from prior thread.

Case closed. Discussion over!

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
I'd love someone to gif that shot he attempted to make that also made him fall down last night. Priceless, laughed and laughed. A gif would be perfect.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bergevin known for a couple of seasons now what Desharnais is like. He's had amble opportunity to acquire some type of offensive help down the middle

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
I wish MT wasn't so stubborn on playing DD in the top line. Put him on Eller's wing and be done with it. DD is much more suitable as an exploitation winger on the 3rd line. His brief time in that role proves that point

Also putting DD on the wing makes our top-9 depth better as we can have Pacioretty-Galchenyuk on the top line, Plekanec-Gallagher on the second and Eller-DD on the third. Three legitimate offensive pairs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wish MT wasn't so stubborn on playing DD in the top line. Put him on Eller's wing and be done with it. DD is much more suitable as an exploitation winger on the 3rd line. His brief time in that role proves that point

Also putting DD on the wing makes our top-9 depth better as we can have Pacioretty-Galchenyuk on the top line, Plekanec-Gallagher on the second and Eller-DD on the third. Three legitimate offensive pairs.
This makes so much sense...MT has about 2 weeks to figure this out...let's hope he reads these boards...

Capitaine Subban*

I've said it before in the past couple of years. If not for this team, Desharnais would not be in the NHL period.

And Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien, Claude Julien, Marc Bergevin ...
I wish we were the leaf :yo:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
And Alain Vigneault, Michel Therrien, Claude Julien, Marc Bergevin ...
I wish we were the leaf :yo:

-not drafted
-signed to minor league deals (AHL)
-recommended by the owner of the JR team he played for, owner who happened to be part of the Habs org.
- had to start in ECHL
- then AHL
- THEN given a chance in the NHL

so yeah, it's pretty clear he would have made it no matter what! :naughty:

Capitaine Subban*

-not drafted
-recommended by the owner of the JR team he played for, owner who happened to be part of the Habs org.
- had to start in ECHL
- then AHL

It's uncommon but it happens on every teams that a undrafted player make it. You need alot of luck, determination and good performance. The DD case is similar to Alex Burrows case (echl,ahl to the Nhl)and like Tyler Johnson, he wasnt drafted only because of his size.
But at the end of the day, he worked his ass to make it but unlike Tyler Johnson he is ,at best, a 3rd liner on a good offensive team :cry:.

I understand what u are saying but my comment was about the he is on the team only because he is local boy and he didnt deserved a spot on the team. It's likely gonna be deleted again but I'll say it again. DD is not Turner Stevenson bad for god sake.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Nah, he's a good 3rd liner with potential 2nd line. The problem is he doesnt get paid as such.

Desharnais isn't what teams look for in a third liner. He would absolutely be out of the NHL or on a 1 million 1 year deal in Arizona.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Desharnais isn't what teams look for in a third liner. He would absolutely be out of the NHL or on a 1 million 1 year deal in Arizona.

He produces at a respectable rate from 3rd line with PP.

His career in the NHL goes far beyond his size. He's not a great defensive center despite being 'decent' defensively.

For longevity he needs to learn a few new tricks, one of which may be being more at ease as a winger.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
-not drafted
- had to start in ECHL
- then AHL

He earned his first AHL contract without the Habs help and he was over a ppg player in the AHL by the end. Those guys will almost always get a chance at the NHL. DD got lucky in the fact that Gomez sucked so a spot in the top six opened up, and Cole had a career year.

So sure maybe with another team he doesn't get that perfect storm, but that's about luck not the Habs.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Most 3rd liners with potential 2nd line get paid around what he gets paid. Prust makes 2.5 mil.
Yup. Eller is paid $3.5M as well.

And Emelin is played $4.1M.

Faster than Diaz or Weber? :sarcasm:
Diaz hasn't played well this year... but did score a GOTY candidate the other night.

Weber is having his best NHL season yet. Worked his way from getting no minutes to awful minutes to 2nd pairing minutes. Played over 22 minutes last night. 9 goals on the year.

He produces at a respectable rate from 3rd line with PP.

His career in the NHL goes far beyond his size. He's not a great defensive center despite being 'decent' defensively.

For longevity he needs to learn a few new tricks, one of which may be being more at ease as a winger.
For longevity he just needs to stop playing with Pacioretty. His game completely changes when he's away from Pacioretty... back to the player he used to be. The one that was a pain in the ass to play against.

With Pacioretty he had some success being predictable... the coach loved it (unfortunately) and it started to mold Desharnais into a worse player. Keep him away from Pacioretty, at C for 20 games... and you'll see a player that can contribute extremely well to this team.

Yep,

The sad thing is he gets defended on here as if he's our best centre.
No he doesn't, quite making things up.

If the Habs don't resign Desharnais, he's gone from the NHL for sure.
I highly, highly doubt that.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
If the Habs don't resign Desharnais, he's gone from the NHL for sure.

To me, this opinion reflects blind hatred.

DD has produced points no matter where and with who he's played since he's been a pro.

Explain to me how easy it is to get 30 to 60 points in the NHL, depending on circumstances, and how guys that are bigger but can't score points are still NHL players. Reality check : It ISN'T easy to score points in the NHL, and players that score points are ALWAYS valuable, no matter what size they have. But those guys are quickly dispatched IF they don't score points, maybe that is your reasoning, but as far as I'm concerned, DD WILL still score points for years on a lesser role, like he did with Darche and Pouliot. He is a very valuable depth piece.

Sure you can not like DD on the Habs but to say that his career is over outside Montreal is just that, blind ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad