Player Discussion David Desharnais - The IR Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
There is no way we are a better team by trading Eller and keeping DD. Desharnais does not even take own zone face-offs, no pk ability, does not hit, does not produce on the pp, he is a liability in every sense of the word. He is going to be gifted a spot back on this team and has flown completely under the radar while guys like PK Subban and Eller have been constantly thrown under the bus by the media and our coach. The politics that has become the Montreal Canadiens is nauseating and yet we hope that big name UFA players would choose us as a destination, at this notion I have a great big :laugh::laugh::laugh:

He's somehow a good option as a 3C. :laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Eller gave us what we needed on the third line and now we do not have it, there are supporters of DD that will say he was fine as a third liner and I want to hear from those same posters in mid January when he has failed there and Pleks/Danault/Mitchell have all had to mop up for him. The comedy will get even richer when old bargain bin goes out on the trade deadline and gets a third line center that plays a similar game to Lars Eller.

Eller was not a weak link on this team hence the reason why Washington wanted him because it was a weak link on theirs, old bargainbin was unable to get 2 seconds in this years draft and instead they are staggered over 2 seasons but easily gave up our 2 seconds for a guy that will cost us a fortune over a 6 year deal. Is that good management?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
NoNJ3FV.gif

https://streamable.com/81o5

"..papa, Il en manque un..."

"...vas-y fiston, je t'aime..."

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'll repeat again about Desharnais, 22 of his 29 points (65 games season) came when he played with Fleish-Weise and Carr-Ghetto. He didn't get his production from the PP, neither playing with Pacioretty.

Desharnais had .45 PPG rate last season. (.59 in his career)
Eller had a .33 PPG rate last season (.35 in his career)

The PPG is wrong

Eller = 0.27
DD= 0.37

Desharnais played mostly as a 2C, ton of PP, no PK, in his real position, favourable match up.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The PPG is wrong

Eller = 0.27
DD= 0.37

Desharnais played mostly as a 2C, ton of PP, no PK, in his real position, favourable match up.

29/65 isn't 0.37 or am I missing something?

Regardless MB has dropped one of the two guys we needed to let go of. I hope DD is next. Nothing against him but time to move on.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
"..papa, Il en manque un..."

"...vas-y fiston, je t'aime..."

I never understood the flak DD got for this.
I mean, if I'm the coach, I'd rather have on the ice the lone guy who is "allumé" enough to realize there's indeed a guy missing.

Of course, that's MT's (and DL's) problem that a guy is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad