David Desharnais - Part VII - Macaroni Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
No, they are saying there is no rush and no need to do this at the current moment, and they're right that there is no guarantee that Gally is ever moved to center, whether DD is on the roster or not.

What rush? 3 years is rushing? We have to do this now so he can be ready and be a legit first center asap.

DD is not cutting it as a 1st center, let the better replacement in his spot, he will learn and progress eventually. When DD got the first center role, he wasn't perfect and learn out of it.

Galchenyuk's will be centering the offensive line, Plekanec will be the 2 way center. Like Krejci and Bergeron.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
DD entered the league at 24. He had his peak season at 25. The average peak season for an NHL forward in terms of points is 25. DD is 28. The average retirement age for an NHL forward is 28... Now he's not about to retire but he's not the same player he was at 25. It didn't work at 25. It certainly won't work at 28.

I think many people forget that DD spent some of the years he should have been producing in the NHL, in the ECHL and AHL. They think who knows he might improve? Newsflash: he won't peak later because he started playing in the NHL later.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
These boards are becoming intolerable. Not a single thread on the habs board that doesn't turn into a DD hate fest. I'm taking a break from here, the same bs posted in every thread.

Enjoy your ***** fest. This place was fun at a time, now it's a freaking joke.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
No, they are saying there is no rush and no need to do this at the current moment, and they're right that there is no guarantee that Gally is ever moved to center, whether DD is on the roster or not.

Let's be honest,

The people who don't want Galchenyuk centering the first line in the near future are entirely motivated by their love for DD.

Galchenyuk is already outproducing DD and he is in his third NHL season.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Let's be honest,

The people who don't want Galchenyuk centering the first line in the near future are entirely motivated by their love for DD.

Not to mention that DD is just plainly a bad hockey player.

:rant:

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
These boards are becoming intolerable. Not a single thread on the habs board that doesn't turn into a DD hate fest. I'm taking a break from here, the same bs posted in every thread.

You accept mediocrity, we don't.

Parros has 2 goals in his last ~350min on 5 on 5, John Scott has 2 in his last ~300.. DD "our-best-OFFENSIVE-center" has 0 in his last 600+ min.

Yeah we hate him for no reason.

Good bye.

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
How anyone can 'love' DD is beyond me. This little midget and his coach are ruining the Habs long term success and chance at a Stanley Cup. There is no chance in hot hell that the Habs go anywhere with this guy in favor of Galchenyuk. It's so flipping obvious that Chucky is superior (by a lot) in every single asset of the game of hockey when compared to DD. So why not have him center Patches??? Ship the midget out of town for anything, this is your team MB, you've almost gotten rid of all of the garbage you were given. DD is next please, that's all I want for Christmas.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Let's be honest,

absolutely not !

You are so obsessed that you imagine any kind of conspiracy, there is no DD lovers, only habs lovers with more logic sense than you.

habsfanatics said everything that needed to be say in one single sentence.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

You're right, but honesty, it's a glaring issue that won't be resolved until DD is out of town.

habitue*

Nobody loves DD.

But some fans like me hates these repetitive and. Never ending threads about this particular player.

Everyone got your points. We all agreed that is far from being a #1 centre.

Time to turn the ****ing page and move on.

There is 22 other players we can discuss about.

I am really looking forward for DD to be traded away. And I really hope that never again we go na have numerous stupid threads about a single player anymore.

This board has become uber annoying.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal

I agree, this place is full of negativism.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
absolutely not !

You are so obsessed that you imagine any kind of conspiracy, there is no DD lovers, only habs lovers with more logic sense than you.

habsfanatics said everything that needed to be say in one single sentence.

Can we win the Cup with DD and Plekanec as our 1-2 punch at Center?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Nobody loves DD.

But some fans like me hates these repetitive and. Never ending threads about this particular player.

Everyone got your points. We all agreed that is far from being a #1 centre.

Time to turn the ****ing page and move on.

There is 22 other players we can discuss about.

I am really looking forward for DD to be traded away. And I really hope that never again we go na have numerous stupid threads about a single player anymore.

This board has become uber annoying.

Can we win the Cup with DD and Plek as our 1-2 punch at Center?

DaHabMan

Sep 23, 2008
Lasalle
I hope...sincerely hope MB is watching closely at what DD is giving right now to the team....hes come through so far...hopefully his midget has another bad playoff and hes gonzo...he will right! RIGHT!!

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
Yet, there are other linemates on that DD line. That Pacioretty can pass the puck to. And Plekanec did play with Gionta who he could pass the puck to. Again, it DOES explain the lack of production. But it doesn't explain the total stoppage in knowing how to pass a puck. I just don't agree.

Since DD and Pacioretty started playing together (2011-2012 season) DD has 107 assists in 231 games, Pacioretty has 85 in 219, is the gap really that big? That's a gap of like 6 or 7 assists per 82 games.

And did Plekanec actually stop knowing how to pass the puck or is it a memory/eye test thing were if a goal isn't scored nobody remembers what happened after a while? Or are "pretty" passes kinda overrated, like in terms of numbers to evaluate offence there are goals and there are assists but there are so many more things going on in the offensive zone than that, are "prettier" assists worth more than the ones that are awarded because of other offensive zone strenghts/type of plays or are they just more memorable? Does Desharnais actually know how to pass the puck THAT much better than every player on the team or is Pacioretty just really good at getting open?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bergevin has shown that he could move when it's time to move. And we shouldn't be surprised anymore by his moves. Yet....I'm expecting that DD will get 1 more shot in the playoffs to prove his worth. Problem with that is that once he has it, and doesn'T succeed, if we think his value is bad right now...can't imagine what it will be then.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bergevin has shown that he could move when it's time to move. And we shouldn't be surprised anymore by his moves. Yet....I'm expecting that DD will get 1 more shot in the playoffs to prove his worth. Problem with that is that once he has it, and doesn'T succeed, if we think his value is bad right now...can't imagine what it will be then.

How can we justify carrying DD until the playoffs? This situation is untenable.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Why do people come to a DD thread and then get upset when they read the truth about the guy. The thread is clearly labelled as a DD thread. If the guy is your hero and you don't want to hear bad things about him stay away from this thread. Pretty simple.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
How can we justify carrying DD until the playoffs? This situation is untenable.

Because they do convince themselves that it's a 4-line team build on depth, that we have the success that we have right now, and that somehow, it will translate in the playoffs. It's actually pretty easy to justify. Maybe less easy to believe as far as us fans are concerned....

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
And St Louis had all that when he broke into the league? When he could barely find a job?

I wasn't comparing DD to All Star St Louis, I was comparing him to Marty coming into the NHL which wasn't good enough to crack a crappy Flames team full time, even took awhile to hit his stride in TBay

But he put in the effort to vastly improve as a player and that's why now they play nothing alike

Doubt you'd have heard St Louis comment that he was happy with his production like DD did awhile back

Still different players. And yes, I was comparing DD to the younger MSL. The only similarity was their size.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's really tough to believe, but I'd love to know Pacioretty implication in this. He was just named an assistant. Is he the one INSISTING to keep DD on his line and PP#1? Is Therrien just trying to not make his best scorer angry? And that Therrien doesn't have a bad record to show Pacioretty to explain why it's a bad decision? Don't know....just wondering Pacioretty's input and how strong his voice actually is in this dressing room....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad