David Desharnais - Part VII - Macaroni Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Damphousse just trashed DD on RDS.

Last Habs center with 90+pts and captain of the team but I guess he's clueless like the rest of us, right?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Because they do convince themselves that it's a 4-line team build on depth, that we have the success that we have right now, and that somehow, it will translate in the playoffs. It's actually pretty easy to justify. Maybe less easy to believe as far as us fans are concerned....

How about you? DD and Pleks as our 1-2 C. Besides a statistical probability, is their a real chance we can win the Cup with them? I don't.

That's why I'm here debating. If I would think there was a good chance that we would win the Cup, I would be all for DD and Pleks as our 1-2... I don't think it's impossible to win with both DD and Pleks in the lineup, just not in the 1-2 C capacity.

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
DD "our-best-OFFENSIVE-center" has 0 in his last 600+ min.

Something about that, DD tend to convert his shots into goals at a higher rate than most players. That's not because his shot is that much better, that's because he barely shoots (okay I know that's been said alot). Most of his (non shootout) goals are pretty much open nets/can't miss (the rest are shots going off him) and, over a long period, his goal numbers haven't been that bad from a player who's the furthest thing from a goalscorer. However, with the way his goals are scored , the bounces not going his way/a bad shooting% year are going to hurt his numbers more than most players since he's so low event in terms of shots.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It's really tough to believe, but I'd love to know Pacioretty implication in this. He was just named an assistant. Is he the one INSISTING to keep DD on his line and PP#1? Is Therrien just trying to not make his best scorer angry? And that Therrien doesn't have a bad record to show Pacioretty to explain why it's a bad decision? Don't know....just wondering Pacioretty's input and how strong his voice actually is in this dressing room....
Sorry but he's the freaking coach. I don't give a **** what Max says. If Max is going to be upset... too ****ing bad.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How about you? DD and Pleks as our 1-2. Besides a statistical probability, is their a real chance we can win the Cup with them? I don't.

That's why I'm here debating. If I would think there was a good chance that we would win the Cup, I would be all for DD and Pleks... I don't think it's impossible to win with both DD and Pleks, just not in the 1-2 C capacity.

Never believed in having such a small core at the center position. Never. My "defense" of DD ALWAYS was about how he was killing babies in the process as well. I think there's way too much exageration. That at one point he was going to be the sole responsible for us sucking. Yet, we're winning and of course he is NOT the sole responsible for us winning....And of course he isn't. But again, he wouldn't be the sole responsible for us losing. But he's not pulling his weight. His refusal to shoot is frankly dumb. His unimaginative PP behavior is bad. But I totally blame Therrien for it. You can't give what you don't have. I will not choose to believe that he's floating and just doesn't care about how he's playing and so on. As of now, he has no confidence, and it's going too fast for him. He will have the occasionnal good plays but not enough since he's put in so many great occasions.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sorry but he's the freaking coach. I don't give a **** what Max says. If Max is going to be upset... too ****ing bad.

Yep, but the same freakin coach who maybe don't want to lose his job because he alienates his players, might very well feel like he doesn't have a whole lot of friends in the room and that until Max is happy, most of the room is happy. Don't know...I'm brainstorming here....:D

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Never believed in having such a small core at the center position. Never. My "defense" of DD ALWAYS was about how he was killing babies in the process as well. I think there's way too much exageration. That at one point he was going to be the sole responsible for us sucking. Yet, we're winning and of course he is NOT the sole responsible for us winning....And of course he isn't. But again, he wouldn't be the sole responsible for us losing. But he's not pulling his weight. His refusal to shoot is frankly dumb. His unimaginative PP behavior is bad. But I totally blame Therrien for it. You can't give what you don't have. I will not choose to believe that he's floating and just doesn't care about how he's playing and so on. As of now, he has no confidence, and it's going too fast for him. He will have the occasionnal good plays but not enough since he's put in so many great occasions.

Sure there's posters that say that DD kills baby... But in the big picture (this board and the rest of Habs fandom included) it's a minority opinion. I think it has little sway. And Chacal's opinion is huge in comparison (just not here).

I don't agree that DD kills babies but I won't hear that opinion on RDS, TVA and even Team 690. So I won't object that it's expressed here.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yep, but the same freakin coach who maybe don't want to lose his job because he alienates his players, might very well feel like he doesn't have a whole lot of friends in the room and that until Max is happy, most of the room is happy. Don't know...I'm brainstorming here....:D

It's not like Max is going to decide to sabotage his own season and play worse if he's given Galchenyuk as a center, or any other one not named Maholtra for that matter.
Max is also in the running for the Captaincy, pretty it's more important for him to succeed in his own career and lead this team than it is to pout like a baby for not playing with DD anymore..

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Closed. In the future please wait until you're within 5 posts. There is no rush to make a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot