David Clarkson Discussion Thread. Part V

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
He's finally playing like Colby Armstrong ..

Not a 5M player but he looks like an NHL player this year and I'm glad for it.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
He's finally playing like Colby Armstrong ..

Not a 5M player but he looks like an NHL player this year and I'm glad for it.
What Clarkson is currently doing puts Colby Armstrong to shame.

There is zero comparisons other than they both had a tendency to drop the gloves.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Clarkson has been doing what he was brought over to do, very pleased with the 3rd line overall. Enjoy his hard checking play when he's on.. good to see improvement from a horrendous start to his career here.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Clarkson has been among Leafs better more effective players this year. When he gets his cage off he should have even more success as he claims he looses the puck in his feet because of it.

I'm pretty skeptical about that, as he's not exactly a finesse player, but as long as he can keep his compete level up, those 2 footers will keep coming. I think he's feeling a bit invincibility engaging in the corners all caged up.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013

One of the things that's really impressed about his game is just like the simple little play he makes here entering the zone. Scoops up the puck, makes a weak side turn and then a stick-handle to get down the boards and a heads-up play trying to hit Holland. It may not be a lot but from what he was last season, it's impressive.
I'm done stewing about his contract and was just hoping he could make himself useful in any capacity and he has, I'm actually happy for the guy so far. (Cool how Kessel actually yells at him when he skates by the bench, he was hyped).

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
What Clarkson is currently doing puts Colby Armstrong to shame.

There is zero comparisons other than they both had a tendency to drop the gloves.

Clarkson is a glorified plug, he is doing the job of an average 3rd liner...don't even try to polish turd...

Colby was the same... both these guys lived off an anomaly season.

The MVP of that line is Komarov, He should have got a few more assist if Clarkson could actually handle a pass.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Clarkson is a glorified plug, he is doing the job of an average 3rd liner...don't even try to polish turd...

The MVP of that line is Komarov, He should have got a few more assist if Clarkson could actually handle a pass.

Going by the previous few pages you are now in a very small minority. Like the mother said watching the parade" Every one is out of step but my Johnny".:handclap:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

+1

the Clarkson praise is out of hand.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010

Winnik works the boards, Komarov is the forecheck and Clarkson is the net presence. They work well together. Individually they are all plugs.

Tyler Biggs*

I'm not crazy about Clarkson's contract but I like his fit on the 2nd or 3rd line with Bozak or Santorelli; perhaps even Holland who seems to be stronger on the puck than any of the Leaf centers.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can't recall who questioned me when I said Clarkson was one of the better deflection artists on our team. Nice goal last night, that took skill.

Tyler Biggs*

Rip the guy all you want for last year ( he had a stinker ) but so far this year, even though its very early, he's probably been our best player from a work ethic stand point.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
It's sad really, because no matter what he does, he won't ever live down what he did last year. If he played like this from day 1, it likely wouldn't even be a big talking point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad