David Clarkson Discussion Thread. Part V

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I will continue to take a dump on this player until he can even live up to HALF that contract.

I don't even remember if he won a fight. Forget offence, I'm talking basic power forward stuff here.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I will continue to take a dump on this player until he can even live up to HALF that contract.

I don't even remember if he won a fight. Forget offence, I'm talking basic power forward stuff here.

gotta protect dem mitts so he can keep signing those cheques

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Clarkson has an outrageous contract, but I think he'll bounce back next year. Especially if you put him with line mates that have wheels, but can also crash and bang. I could see him potting 10-18 goals with 20-25 assists.

Ashton/Komarov- Kontiola/Santa- Clarkson

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Not sure how much is left to discuss. He's a 3rd/4th liner who we're paying 1st/2nd line cap hit, with franchise player term. Incredibly bad signing, but hey, it is what it is. Can be an OK player for us if we can accept that he's a 3rd/4th liner, and try to ignore his cap hit.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I honestly think he is going to be a 20-20 guy this year. He got off to a godawful start because of that 10 game suspension, and I think it just snowballed from there.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Not sure how much is left to discuss. He's a 3rd/4th liner who we're paying 1st/2nd line cap hit, with franchise player term. Incredibly bad signing, but hey, it is what it is. Can be an OK player for us if we can accept that he's a 3rd/4th liner, and try to ignore his cap hit.

Still couldn't handle that role last season.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
I actually hate seeing threads about this ****ing plug. I wish we could just stop talking about him, he is awful, nothing has changed. This threads ruin my mood everytime because I realize someone that is worse at hockey than I am is playing for the Leafs making 5+ million. No, I never played Jr. hockey either lol. I am better than him, I would try harder and actually finish checks. WHich is a hell of a lot more than he is able to do.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
I actually hate seeing threads about this ****ing plug. I wish we could just stop talking about him, he is awful, nothing has changed. This threads ruin my mood everytime because I realize someone that is worse at hockey than I am is playing for the Leafs making 5+ million. No, I never played Jr. hockey either lol. I am better than him, I would try harder and actually finish checks. WHich is a hell of a lot more than he is able to do.

LOL just stop.

Tyler Biggs*

It just hit me that we could have a line of Komarov-Kontiola-Clarkson, knowing Komarov, if he can re-ignite the fire in Clarkson like he does with the whole team, you could be looking at one of the toughest third lines to play against in the NHL. Gritty, hard nosed players that will take the body and can contribute offensively. It's all whether or not Clarkson can't take this offseason to regroup and come back stronger next year.

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto
Clarkson has an outrageous contract, but I think he'll bounce back next year. Especially if you put him with line mates that have wheels, but can also crash and bang. I could see him potting 10-18 goals with 20-25 assists.

Ashton/Komarov- Kontiola/Santa- Clarkson

But Clarkson is slow, so he would just be playing catch up. Think he would be better suited to a checking line role that plays a dump and chase game, with a lot of cycling.

It just hit me that we could have a line of Komarov-Kontiola-Clarkson, knowing Komarov, if he can re-ignite the fire in Clarkson like he does with the whole team, you could be looking at one of the toughest third lines to play against in the NHL. Gritty, hard nosed players that will take the body and can contribute offensively. It's all whether or not Clarkson can't take this offseason to regroup and come back stronger next year.

Could be fun to watch them agitate the other teams. But don't expect much offense from the line.

Kubus

Jun 22, 2014
could we can hire Tonya Harding to take care of the Clarkson issue? :naughty:

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
It is very simple with Clarkson, Clarkson got the bulk of his points on the 1st PP with NJ. Clarkson will not get much, or if any, PP time with TO next year. Clarkson will not get the point totals he got in NJ. Get over it, it will never happen.

TO didn't sign Clarkson for points. TO signed him for the TYPE of player he is. He should have fit into Carlyle's system perfectly but that didn't happen. What I expect of Clarkson is a dump and chance play style. Is $5m too much for that? Yes. But that's what happens in FA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad