David Booth

Pholus

May 23, 2014
You clearly do not know much about david booth.

Well, Booth was a top line winger in Florida before his concussion. If he somehow, magically is able to get back to that form on a cheap 1 yr deal for us, I would say that his signing was a gamble that paid off. Just because he is almost certainly not going to be anything more than an average 3rd liner doesn't mean there was no potential gain by signing him.

CalgaryLeaf*

Well, Booth was a top line winger in Florida before his concussion. If he somehow, magically is able to get back to that form on a cheap 1 yr deal for us, I would say that his signing was a gamble that paid off. Just because he is almost certainly not going to be anything more than an average 3rd liner doesn't mean there was no potential gain by signing him.

Booth will certainly bring a ton of speed to the lineup...He could easily climb his way up to the 2nd line depending of course on his play...It's alway nice to add a shiny new toy to the team. Even if he does well it's not a guarantee that he'll return next year because of his injury history. He's like a poor man's Lupul.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Booth easily outscored our whole 4th line last year and most of the third. He is a very capable bottom 6 NHL player who can spot in the top 6 when needed.

I'm glad to have him in the line up.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
You clearly do not know much about david booth.

He said nothing that would require knowledge about David Booth.

Quick - accurate
few high scoring seasons - accurate

Potentially could be worth the shot - jury is still out.

WTF is your problem?

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
Really? It's the same lineup that lost 9-2. If by 'mojo' you mean average to below average... This town is so bi-polar.

Really? You'll give a line up the credit for failing in a 9-2 loss but you won't give the same line up credit for the last two convincing wins against teams that are higher in the standings? And you're calling other people bi-polar to boot?

The Big Chief

Dec 2, 2013
Markham/London
Thought it would be worth mentioning that Booth has been playing pretty well given his limited role. Seems to always have good control and body position with the puck, with the occasional burst of speed. Noticed Randy gave him a few shifts on the 3rd line as a reward, wouldn't be shocked to see him moved up the lineup soon.

Good to see things coming together for this group - depth is not something we've had in a LONG, long time.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
booth looks good.

he's playing fast and hard, and hasn't lost the desire to make some nifty moves to create offense. i think he's gonna score some points for us.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Booth looked like he was hungry for every puck last night. He keeps that up and points are going to come. He is still getting into game shape no less. He could be a big help tonight against Detroit I suspect if he plays like last night.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I like the idea of bringing him back next year for 1.5 mil ish

I agree, having someone with his work ethic as a role model for young prospects trying to make the big club is a good thing. Plus, he won't block any prospect from getting time playing in the top 6.

StatsNightHero

Mar 25, 2014
Would absolutely like to have Booth back, competes hard for the puck and plays a good possession game as a result. Hopefully these good habits can rub off on the young guys. Having cycle guys in the lineup can really help open up the game for D like Rielly and Gardiner to make plays.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
He's really pulled it together in the last 20-30 games. I'm happy for Booth, I remember trading for him in every Dynasty mode in NHL 09 and making him Captain... I want to see him back on a 1 or 2 year contract to compete hard every shift and provide a good example to the kids why you should always play hard, even when you're at the top of your game.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Booth is the only UFA in the Leafs organization that I think will get an NHL contract with someone next year. Depending on what the Leafs do this summer, I'd bring him back to the same late summer 1.1 mil for 1 year deal.

Brewer (Retire), Sill (AHL contract), Lindstrom (Europe), Smith (AHL Contract/Europe?), Bodie (AHL Contract), McLaren (AHL Contract), Orr (Retire)

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
So is Booth's career over? It doesnt seem like the Leafs will be re-signing him for this season.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
So is Booth's career over? It doesnt seem like the Leafs will be re-signing him for this season.

No. He hustles and played pretty well when we were in tank mode. I think he'll get a contract as a 3/4 line tweener or maybe tear up a European league.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I like the idea of bringing him back next year for 1.5 mil ish

I wouldn't.
I would actually stop bringing anymore players in.
1. 50 contract limit. If a deal for Phaneuf/JVR/whoever comes up,you want the contract space.
2. Return. Booth hasn't been signed yet. He also wasn't traded last year. (No takers?)
3. Winning. We don't need to right now. The goal shouldn't be to make the playoffs. the goal is to play hard and compete. Yes. That needs to be instilled. But I'd rather be offensively challenged right now a la NJ Devils. We need a top 3 pick next year.

MapleLife*

I would have loved to have him back for 1 year and under 1mil. Problem is the number of contracts which is starting to get really annoying.

He really tore it up at the end of last season, unfortunately started doing so right after the trade deadline. Curious to see what happens to him

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00