David Booth

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
That's too bad, I was looking forward to having another player with a scoring touch in the bottom 6. I think the team looks much deeper with him in the lineup. You have your 5 core offensive forwards, one of Winnik/Clarkson/Komarov/Santorelli/Booth on the 2nd line, a good 3rd line and one more of those guys bolstering the 4th.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Booth had 9-10-19 points last year in 66 games and judging by the sounds he might get into the same amount of games for the Leafs baring a set back.

Be interesting to see how much offense he will contribute this year.

CalgaryLeaf*

Booth had 9-10-19 points last year in 66 games and judging by the sounds he might get into the same amount of games for the Leafs baring a set back.

Be interesting to see how much offense he will contribute this year.

What line was he playing on last year?..Those look like 4th line numbers to me...He's proven in the past to be capable of playing top 6 minutes...His point production is probably tied to who he plays with.

Ace88*

He was routinely the worst player on the ice before he got injured. If he never plays a game for us believe me i wont lose sleep.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What line was he playing on last year?..Those look like 4th line numbers to me...He's proven in the past to be capable of playing top 6 minutes...His point production is probably tied to who he plays with.

He hasn't played like a Top-6 player in many years. Be realistic.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Much rather have saved the 1m for trade deadline in case we need a player for a playoff run or take on salary to facilitate a trade.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Booth has to do what is best for himself. What is best for himself is to only return to game action when he's 100% healthy. This is also good for the team!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Keep in mind he was bought out by Vancouver in order to get rid of him.

In the past 3 years with Vancouver in 134 games he recorded 26 goals 25 assists 51 points. [pace = 82 games 16 goals 15 assists 31 points]

If he played 66 games for the Leafs this year @ his former 3 year pace it would equal 13 goals 12 assists & 25 points, which isn't much better than his 9-10-19 points in 66 games he recorded last year.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Keep in mind he was bought out by Vancouver in order to get rid of him.

In the past 3 years with Vancouver in 134 games he recorded 26 goals 25 assists 51 points. [pace = 82 games 16 goals 15 assists 31 points]

If he played 66 games for the Leafs this year @ his former 3 year pace it would equal 13 goals 12 assists & 25 points, which isn't much better than his 9-10-19 points in 66 games he recorded last year.

Yeah but he was bought out because his contract had like a $4m cap hit, not because he was a terrible NHLer.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Soon to return.......anticipation

I'm hoping he can be effective comparable to Winnik Santorelli on the 3rd or 4th line

I'm wondering if anyone has seen him play for the Marlies and how he looks.

snizzbone*

Probably replace Leivo on the 4th line. Nice to have a 4th line that can actually contribute a bit.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Probably replace Leivo on the 4th line. Nice to have a 4th line that can actually contribute a bit.

I've been very busy the last week and a half, only able to catch highlights/game in six.

What have the lines looked like the last couple of games?

snizzbone*

I've been very busy the last week and a half, only able to catch highlights/game in six.

What have the lines looked like the last couple of games?

jvr bozak kessel
komarov kadri santo
winnik holland clarkson
leivo smith panik

think komarov and winnik were swapped at points last game.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think I prefer him on the fourth line then Leivo at this point.

I like Leivo but he's better off with the Marlies (and they really need help) so that he can playing a lot of minutes. He'll get his NHL shot fairly soon with good minutes. Pretty likely to make the full jump if/when Lupul is traded in the near future.

I don't think Booth will boost our team in any way but he's a decent option for the fourth line. Should give that line more speed and he's probably a decent PK option if needed.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
As much as I hope Booth will improve our performance, however marginally, I can't shake this feeling that putting him in the lineup will disrupt whatever mojo they got going right now.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'm curious to see how much Booth can contribute. He's a quick player that has had a few high scoring seasons. He can potentially be a great player for us, a nice gamble well worth the shot.

buttman*

As much as I hope Booth will improve our performance, however marginally, I can't shake this feeling that putting him in the lineup will disrupt whatever mojo they got going right now.

Really? It's the same lineup that lost 9-2. If by 'mojo' you mean average to below average... This town is so bi-polar.

Ace88*

I'm curious to see how much Booth can contribute. He's a quick player that has had a few high scoring seasons. He can potentially be a great player for us, a nice gamble well worth the shot.

You clearly do not know much about david booth.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00