Player Discussion David Backes II - Traded to Ducks -waived his NM to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Edit: Did not see the Kase thread until now. Adios, David. Wish things would've turned out differently

Would've been awesome to see him play game 7 last year and raise the cup, maybe call it a career on that note. But such is life. Good guy, decent player.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Edit: Did not see the Kase thread until now. Adios, David. Wish things would've turned out differently

Would've been awesome to see him play game 7 last year and raise the cup, maybe call it a career on that note. But such is life. Good guy, decent player.
I must be blind, I don't see a Kase thread?

Anyway, thank you, David Backes. I hate that injuries kept you from being at your best as a Bruin, but you were a class act all the way no matter what. You made a fan here. :clap:

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Thank you #42. You handled yourself with professionalism and grace throughout your time here. Always have been and always will be a David Backes fan.

I always felt like he got a rough deal from some on here. He always gave his all and was a far better player than some gave him credit for. He played very well in the ECF in lasts years run. I think that collision last November gave him a real fright and it was hard to see a way back for him with the Bruins after that.

All the best to him and his family. I hope he manages to recover some form with the Ducks and is able to retire on his terms, he's earned that much at least.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Who was it in here going on and on and on about how he was holding them up and roadblocking deals?

He did the Bruins a solid here.
Thsts also why Donny treated him humanely.

its a two way street.
Also will be remembered by those left behind. its the culture that gets less than market value contracts signed here. I dont know why some cant understand that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He did the Bruins a solid here.
Thsts also why Donny treated him humanely.

its a two way street.
Also will be remembered by those left behind. its the culture that gets less than market value contracts signed here. I dont know why some cant understand that.

qft

Enjoy the weather David! I will always appreciate him for his effort

Reactions: Number8 and TCB

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I didn't like the contract when it was signed, but I can't blame him for that. It's also not his fault that he dealt with injury/illness and got old quick. I appreciate the leadership and the fact that he gave it his all every time he was on the ice, even if that didn't turn out to be much by the end.

Hopefully this is a good lesson for Sweeney. Between Backes and Beleskey, it's "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." I hope he won't get fooled again.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Good luck David!! Thanks for giving your absolute all in a Bruins jersey. Sorry it didn't quite work out as everyone had hoped but we had some great moments even so and you will be remembered fondly as someone who took pride in the black and gold with decency and quiet humility. Hope things turn out well in Anaheim and you can sort out your family situation quickly. Stay healthy and we'll see you out on the ice as a respected competitor soon, maybe even in the Ducks-Bruins game next month.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Very glad he'll get another opportunity to play NHL games.

Hopefully he'll be remembered by Bruins fans for the good things he did here, not because of his contract.

I fully supported his signing at the time. He was, IMO, the best St. Louis Blue during their run to the conference finals in 2016. I was shocked that Claude basically made him a winger right off the bat, the same Claude who allowed Joonas Kemppainen to center lines for the Bruins the year prior. Then factor in injuries, some bad luck, and unfortunately the league got faster while Backes got slower. All the best to Mr. Backes. Fingers crossed it works out for him in Anaheim.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Wish him all the best. He's an absolutely amazing person and leader... Say what you want about his contract but I never, ever doubted his work ethic or compete level. Hope he succeeds, he's a true pro. Kudos to him waiving his NMC and moving across the country. That's not easy with such a young family.

Very happy with the deal though. We're better today and this clears some very valuable space.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Thank you, David. Your heart was black and gold and it showed when you were out on the ice. You gave it everything you had and put your career and life after hockey on the line just to do whatever it took to help the team win. Good luck to you and your family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad