Player Discussion David Backes II - Traded to Ducks -waived his NM to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Please continue

upload_2020-2-12_15-47-15.jpeg

Reactions: Lobster57

member 96824

In the last thread, David refused to go on LTIR, refused to retire and walk away from millions, used his NTC to block a trade, and hates practice.

If there wasn’t photographic proof that he’s a huge dog guy, I would say he also kicks puppies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
In the last thread, David refused to go on LTIR, refused to retire and walk away from millions, used his NTC to block a trade, and hates practice.

If there wasn’t photographic proof that he’s a huge dog guy, I would say he also kicks puppies.
I guess he is training and he loves dogs, got both for ya

c5f3386b6b364be7fc63d052ad6df5ef.gif

Reactions: Lady Rhian and BMC

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

He should give back all the money the Bruins gave him. Doesn't deserve it. ;)

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I feel like I'm the only one who isn't giving flack to Backes on this.

Backes doesn't want to play in Providence? I get it.

Sweeney doesn't want Backes to play in Providence and take minutes away from developing players? I get it.

And until I hear that he's blocking any trade, I'm not going to get on his ass for that either.

It's just a s***ty situation.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Br
I feel like I'm the only one who isn't giving flack to Backes on this.

Backes doesn't want to play in Providence? I get it.

Sweeney doesn't want Backes to play in Providence and take minutes away from developing players? I get it.

And until I hear that he's blocking any trade, I'm not going to get on his ass for that either.

It's just a s***ty situation.

Bruns have players down there they know will never be in NHL.They could find him minutes to stay sharp.Sweeney must have a plan though cause he has to be aware of the backlash coming if this guy is still a Bruin after deadline making that coin not playing

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Br

Bruns have players down there they know will never be in NHL.They could find him minutes to stay sharp.Sweeney must have a plan though cause he has to be aware of the backlash coming if this guy is still a Bruin after deadline making that coin not playing

The Providence Bruins do call guys up from Atlanta of the ECHL. I am sure there is room for him to at least be visible. I have seen sports channels showing guys that were sitting out for various reasons skating with college or junior teams and doing interviews about how hard they are working on getting back. Nothing to date makes me wonder what is his camp even thinking. Sweeney appears to be doing his part trying to make a trade.

Playing in the AHL may not be good if he gets injured but a lot of ex NHLers are down there and doing okay. It has been too long since he played a game and the longer it goes the harder it will be to get back into game shape. Problem I see, is the new team will more then likely send him for conditioning to the AHL for a week or so to get up to speed. I hope it works out for both parties and Sweeney finds him a team soon.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Kinda wonder what the Jacobs think of this situation.

They don’t exactly strike me as a family that loves wasting money.

Mind you I don’t either. But I’m not losing a 6 million dollar bet this year

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
This is the best line in the piece:

"In any Backes deal, B's fans shouldn't expect too much in return."

Were any of us expecting anything back? o_O

There’s going to be a return?!? Lmao I think every fans thought is “hopefully we don’t have to attach too good of a prospect/pick for a team to take him.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH

We also had some fool claiming he was a disruption in another locker with his fellow teammates that were Canadian.

Reactions: BMC and BrainOfJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad