News Article: Dave Tippett appreciation thread.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Bring on John Tortorella, I want to see a coach finally bench guys for being useless and call out the league and refs after every game. Would at least making the losing entertaining.

No thanks. Though I wouldnt mind him going off on the refs for a change.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I was in favor of the Smith signing because Holland was unable to get anybody else. Smith was a solid placeholder and did very well all season. He was so good in this series as well not just making stops but being so good with the puck. Really helped our breakout because our D are still struggling with that aspect.

Winnipeg played possum. A vet club pulled a number on us. I should have seen that coming, and didn't. My passion for the Oilers team blinded me to it. I mean for sure Schiefele is night and day different than the player that played us all season. Wheeler too. Thought he was done. This was also the best performance seen by Morissey in years. even Jets fans had wondered what happened to the player.

The Jets had a unique circumstance of falling off the rails in April. Strangely it was the best thing that happened to him as it led to coach player confrontation, coach confrontation, player confrontation, and animosity and the team gelling through it. Could've gone both ways but Maurice is a master and one of the best coaches in the Biz. Winnipeg good to keep him all these years. In anycase the Jets team came together at the right time, and that can be hard to call. I don't know that even Jets fans were betting on them winning before the post season.

Kudos to a team that did elevate just at the right time. Good veteran presence on that club. Something we need a lot more off to guide the way.
It's incredible how they couldn't stop McDavid at all in the regular season, and some how played clean defense against McDavid in the playoffs, not commiting a single penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad