Confirmed with Link: Dave Semenko Passes Away (59 Years Old)

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
What an awesome service. You can tell he was really loved. Reminds me of my uncle, such a big man that left his mark on so many people.

I never watched the Oilers when he played, born in 85, but he was a legend. We're both from Winnipeg too but found a home in Edmonton.

First one from the championship teams to pass, hopefully it's a long time before the next one. Rip Mr. Semenko.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I'm watching the livestream of Semenko's ceremony right now.

I thought Coffey and Huddy took it hard at the PC a few days ago, but Glenn Anderson is absolutely devastated right now.

Yeah, it was hard to watch Anderson's piece. :(

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
The service was beautiful.

I think the Old Boys Club is so much more than just a bunch of former players who get together to relive the glory days. Those guys mostly grew up together, forged some incredible bonds and truly love and care for each other still to this day. That was shown this past week in the faces and tears of the men who played with Semenko. It sounds like many of them made the effort to get to Edmonton to spend time with Dave.

As Glen Sather said “... It’s true that we were a family and the path we charted together resulted in brilliant memories that will last all of us all of our days. ... "

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
RIP Semenk, you'll always be remembered.

I think Messier took it hard too, his Tweet was tough to read. Dave was really beloved by everyone.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
RIP to Dave Semenko and my thoughts and prayers to his family. He may not have had the numbers of a Greatzky or a Messier but he will always be a legend here in Edmonton.
Semenko1.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad