Dave Scott Out as CEO of Spectacor (Remains Chairman)

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Meh, hockey ops has almost always been separate from the c-suite of spectacor, even when Scott was the governor of the Flyers (whatever the f*** that means). Kind of seems like a nothing burger.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We have all been saying to fire Dave Scott. This can only be a good thing. I can’t see them caring much about the flyers vs a billion dollar company, but maybe he will take interest in it. If this is even a little bit about hockey, the timing makes sense with the trade deadline and 2023 draft upcoming. I have literally no idea why Fletcher is still around though.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
We have all been saying to fire Dave Scott. This can only be a good thing. I can’t see them caring much about the flyers vs a billion dollar company, but maybe he will take interest in it. If this is even a little bit about hockey, the timing makes sense with the trade deadline and 2023 draft upcoming. I have literally no idea why Fletcher is still around though.
For all intents and purposes at this very moment nothing changed for the Flyers and how they operate.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
New guy Dan whatever his last name is insurance guy with no experience running a hockey team is going to be running the business side of hockey operations but mostly likely is just a fanboy or clueless like David Scott and Valerie Camillo as to what’s happening in the locker room or on the ice most nights.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Is this a new position? I remember Ed Snider being the Chairman and Homer or Clarke being like head of hockey operations or whatever but I don't ever recall hearing about a governor of the Flyers.
Every team has a governor. In many cases it's the owner. Snider was the governor of the Flyers when he was alive.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Is this a new position? I remember Ed Snider being the Chairman and Homer or Clarke being like head of hockey operations or whatever but I don't ever recall hearing about a governor of the Flyers.
I don’t know when they started using that term officially but it’s more of an NHL league position title than one the Flyers gave.

They’re the ones that vote on things that the league does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad