Dave Nonis To Address Media RE: Today's Free Agency/Trade Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Shanny brought in to start this culture change and the plan is to go back two years where they competed more

again
lame duck coach, with a lame duck GM, reporting to a guy with no management experience, reporting to a guy with admittedly little hockey knowledge

Agreed. Really wish we had you in charge instead.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 19s
Poulin "Holland can come in and start off and fill one of those 4th line roles"

4 minutes with Orr again. Great plan

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 27m
Jonas Siegel on the Leafs Report podcast saying that a Leaf player who has played for Randy the past couple of years...

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 25m
...said Carlyle's constant answer to everything was for them to compete harder. It was always: compete, compete, compete

Other than that he has no answers

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke · 7h
Loiselle said you can't pencil in guys that aren't legitimate NHLers to your lineup & excused Orr & McLaren for last season due to injuries

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nonis said the 3rd and 4th lines will be play 12-13 minutes a night. Says all the good teams do it and so will we.

We won't be seeing Orr/McLaren again. The said Holland/Frattin can fill holes on the 4th line.

Komarov - ?????? - Clarkson
Ashton - Holland - Frattin

That is likely our bottom 6 to start the year. They will find a quality 3C through trading Franson, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Nylander on the team in a top 6 role.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

What? Nonis wants the 4th line to be playing 12/13 mins a night, and Poulin said they see Holland and Frattin as guys they can fill a role on the 4th line.

Orr may be on the roster as a 13th forward, and play a game here or there, but he won't be a regular. They already sent McLaren to the AHL last year during the season.

They said they are going to change things, Orr/McLaren aren't in their plans.

Heck, Nonis said they still believe toughness is apart of the game, but you need those guys to be able to do more as well, and said Devane and Broll can do that and we will be ready soon.

To me, they realize Orr/McLaren aren't needed.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Nonis said the 3rd and 4th lines will be play 12-13 minutes a night. Says all the good teams do it and so will we.

We won't be seeing Orr/McLaren again. The said Holland/Frattin can fill holes on the 4th line.

That is likely our bottom 6 to start the year. They will find a quality 3C through trading Franson, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Nylander on the team in a top 6 role.
Yup. I personally believe it will be:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Nylander
Komarov - Gauthier - Clarkson
-Leivo

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Robidas
Percy - Polak
Granberg

Bernier
MacIntyre

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
What? Nonis wants the 4th line to be playing 12/13 mins a night, and Poulin said they see Holland and Frattin as guys they can fill a role on the 4th line.

Orr may be on the roster as a 13th forward, and play a game here or there, but he won't be a regular. They already sent McLaren to the AHL last year during the season.

They said they are going to change things, Orr/McLaren aren't in their plans.

Heck, Nonis said they still believe toughness is apart of the game, but you need those guys to be able to do more as well, and said Devane and Broll can do that and we will be ready soon.

To me, they realize Orr/McLaren aren't needed.

Yeah, they finally have seemed to realize. If our 4th line is Broll - Holland - Frattin, then we just made our team ALOT deeper.

Tyler Biggs*

The common thread for Polak, Frattin, and Komarov is energy. As for Robidas, if he stays healthy he can help school the young D men, and if he doesn't stay healthy the cap hit can be offset partly by playing long term injured reserve tricks.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

TheThrill81*

Yup. I personally believe it will be:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Nylander
Komarov - Gauthier - Clarkson
-Leivo

Rielly - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Robidas
Percy - Polak
Granberg

Bernier
MacIntyre

MacIntyre was signed by Carolina.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

Ducks fan here chuckling. Glad Carlyle is your problem now. Someone needs to tell Nonis that his coach is Randy Carlyle. Therefore the 4th line isn't going to play. After watching Getzlaf and Perry play the last 10 minutes gassed in game after game under Randy, I feel your pain. Until your management and coach are on the same page, things probably won't get any better. Any of you think the drafting of Nylander was kind of an FU to Carlyle?

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I don't think you throw a second round pic for Holland to bury him on the fourth line regardless of what they are saying right now. Holland will be your third line centre.

If anything changes it will be on the second line, they need a bigger body there. My guess is that Kadri is moved to the left side and someone like Lupul is packaged with Franson to bring in someone that is legitimate in the middle.

Orr/McLaren will still be a part of this team. You can't play that sandpaper game unless you have guys that can back it up. Guarantee, on most nights, you will see one of them on the 4th line taking care of business.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
This idea of Nylander or Gauthier or both being in the lineup is pie in the sky thinking. You can have one rookie on a team, two and you are in trouble. This team already has Ashton and Leivo and a few D that need a look first. Gauthier needs time in the minors and Nylander another year developing. I doubt he mans the middle right away. If they drafted Ritchie then they could have moved Lupul right away and moved him into the second line and went younger and cheaper. I just think physically, Nylander can't handle it right now like Kadri couldn't.

Tyler Biggs*

Don't make the mistake of assuming Polak is a 'Euro' player. He plays big, mean and can chop in the offense from time to time. Good skater, reads the play well and won't get beat cleanly often.

'He was known in St. Louis as a fierce, physical competitor willing to play through injury. The 28-year-old, led the Blues defense in hits and finished second in blocked shots'. That sounds like the type of guy the Leafs really need.

Tyler Biggs*

Good job Nonis for signing Santorelli, he definitely is deserving. Was one of the only bright spots for Nucks last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Don't make the mistake of assuming Polak is a 'Euro' player. He plays big, mean and can chop in the offense from time to time. Good skater, reads the play well and won't get beat cleanly often.

'He was known in St. Louis as a fierce, physical competitor willing to play through injury. The 28-year-old, led the Blues defense in hits and finished second in blocked shots'. That sounds like the type of guy the Leafs really need.

Sounds like Franson, and playing through injury is something every member of the Leafs apparently did

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The deal of Gunnarson, a 4th rd pick (who just turned out to be CSB's #1 rated European Goalie this draft Ville Husso, and 200K x 2 years of retained salary for Roman Polak speaks volumes of how Nonis is doing as a GM this summer.

Brutal. Or very generous if you are opposing GM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad