Rumor: Dave Morrison possibly out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
If he's out and they bring in Conte, Lou is making his first mistake.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Conte is basically the worst drafter the NHL has ever seen over the last 7-8 years. better hire the guy!!

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It's been a pretty unimpressive decade of drafting. I think we've made mostly good picks when we've picked in the top 10 under him (other than Schenn at 5th overall), but his non-top-10 1st rounders have been Tlusty, Biggs, Percy and Gauthier, not very good. In the 2nd round and beyond we've picked almost nobody good in a decade - Kulemin has been arguably our best non-1st rounder under Morrison, and that was a long time ago. Time to move on.

With that being said, I don't want Conte either.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Agreed. I don't like Morrison, but I don't want Conte. Apart from Severson, I can't think of a single good pick he's had post-Parise.

I feel the same way.

But I'd love for this rumour to get shot down and be entirely wrong just to show how little the media knows .. The silent treatment is nice.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Okay. let's just stop and think about this logically.

#1: Mark Hunter is in charge of the scouting personnel. It had been with the old gm, so there shouldn't be any difference with the new gm.

#2: Lou said flat out he needs to sit back and observe. I doubt his first move is going to fire someone he hasn't really said "hi" too except in passing

#3: Who the hell is Gare Joyce?

#4: Cone of Silence is in Toronto (and no one knew that Lou was coming). Lou basically INVENTED Cone of Silence and in day two we're going to expect a Leak like this?

Therefore, I think people are just assuming that because Conte was let go, and Lou is here, that Lou would bring Conte here. after saying that he isn't going to make a move to make a move. And he hasn't even been in the job for 72 hours.

I smell trolls.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
If anyone gets a chance, rewatch the draft on the SN feed. After the Coyotes picked Strome, the camera panned over to the Leafs' table. Dubas and Hunter were grinning like idiots and Morrison looked like he wanted to punch someone in the face :laugh:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Okay. let's just stop and think about this logically.

#1: Mark Hunter is in charge of the scouting personnel. It had been with the old gm, so there shouldn't be any difference with the new gm.

#2: Lou said flat out he needs to sit back and observe. I doubt his first move is going to fire someone he hasn't really said "hi" too except in passing

#3: Who the hell is Gare Joyce?

#4: Cone of Silence is in Toronto (and no one knew that Lou was coming). Lou basically INVENTED Cone of Silence and in day two we're going to expect a Leak like this?

Therefore, I think people are just assuming that because Conte was let go, and Lou is here, that Lou would bring Conte here. after saying that he isn't going to make a move to make a move. And he hasn't even been in the job for 72 hours.

I smell trolls.

This. Lou's barely been the GM for a day. And he's going to come in guns blazing like this immediately. I've also never heard of this Joyce guy either.

Only way this makes sense is if Lou joining was conditional on a) allowing him to bring Conte along for the ride or b) firing Morrison. I don't think Shanahan would've agreed to that.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
7 players have played over 100 games since 2007. Leafs, 6.

There have been worse people than Conte.
So because he's half a degree better than terrible he's a good guy to pick up? Umm...no. Great he's mediocre, still not a guy I want near this team.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
This. Lou's barely been the GM for a day. And he's going to come in guns blazing like this immediately. I've also never heard of this Joyce guy either.

Only way this makes sense is if Lou joining was conditional on a) allowing him to bring Conte along for the ride or b) firing Morrison. I don't think Shanahan would've agreed to that.

I can't see why he wouldn't agree to it. I bet at this point only Hunter and Dubas are untouchable. If Lou is GM then he should be able to do what he wants. If he wants the guy he knows and trusts then so be it.

Now whether or not we like Conte is a whole different story

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I can't see why he wouldn't agree to it. I bet at this point only Hunter and Dubai are untouchable. If Lou is GM then he should be able to do what he wants. If he wants the guy he knows and trusts then so be it.

Now whether or not we like Conte is a whole different story

Actually, yeah I've changed my stance. If it was contingent on firing Morrison then fine whatever. I just hope Conte isn't part of the deal.

And I still don't believe a word of this.

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
So because he's half a degree better than terrible he's a good guy to pick up? Umm...no. Great he's mediocre, still not a guy I want near this team.

I never said he's a good pick-up.

I'm just trying to point out that the Devils haven't had many high picks over the past decade, yet they've been able to be successful.

I'm also trying to point out that for all the love that Morrison gets, Conte's been better than him.

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
Hell yeah. Morrison out, about time.

carlton-dancing-o.gif

But I can't say I'm thrilled if Conte is coming aboard. Lou doesn't waste any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad