LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yup....expected.

:laugh:

Hey @deadhead. Are you willing to say you made a mistake and are wrong? Or staying with your stance that Flip passed the puck?

The puck moved fifteen feet in the right direction.
Filppula was fighting for the puck with two defenders.

Did he pass it? Did he "force the play" that resulted in the puck moving fifteen feet in the right direction? Did an alien force ray move the puck? What does Alex Jones have to say?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The puck moved fifteen feet in the right direction.
Filppula was fighting for the puck with two defenders.

Did he pass it? Did he "force the play" that resulted in the puck moving fifteen feet in the right direction? Did an alien force ray move the puck? What does Alex Jones have to say?
So...you are given the chance to say you are wrong, and don't.

@Ghosts Beer, here is all you need to know.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
egads.....I have not been up to date on the Flyers for a few weeks now. I saw this thread had a lot of input the last few days and thought what nasty deed did Hak do now? ......this thread debating..... maybe..... Hak came out with new line combinations for the pre-season and how everyone loathes the combos or something hockey related . No way! So now we are debating about liars, thieves and other mischievous deeds or acts? Yes I agree hockey season cannot get here any sooner.......

Reactions: Rebels57

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Can I just touch on this. You are very right. A good example is the other day when I misread the ES scoring from the Flyers. But when you pointed it out that I was wrong, and I went back to look at it again, I saw my mistake. So then I apologized for that mistake.

Now imagine if I REFUSED to say I was wrong and said over and over again that I was right. Would that not be a lie? How is that any different than what Dead is doing? Says one thing. Video proof shows another thing. Refuses to say he is wrong and says again he is right.

That's a lie.

Yet you won't say it is a lie. See how that looks when you say you see things in gray and are not biased?

Just saying...

you nailed it. we're all wrong at one time or another, but when a person can't ever admit to it, not even once, even after being called out, then they're a liar.

i mean seriously, how much of a tool does a person have to be to be like that? what's the big deal in admitting it? is it an ego thing? must be. it is absolutely hilarious how deadhead refuses to admit to ever being wrong about anything. even after posting such gems as this...

"Flyers don't need a top 6 scoring LW. You all are crazy for thinking that!"

6 weeks later...

"JVR is exactly what the Flyers needed!"

yep. :biglaugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
you nailed it. we're all wrong at one time or another, but when a person can't ever admit to it, not even once, even after being called out, then they're a liar.

i mean seriously, how much of a tool does a person have to be to be like that? what's the big deal in admitting it? is it an ego thing? must be. it is absolutely hilarious how deadhead refuses to admit to ever being wrong about anything. even after posting such gems as this...

"Flyers don't need a top 6 scoring LW. You all are crazy for thinking that!"

6 weeks later...

"JVR is exactly what the Flyers needed!"

yep. :biglaugh:
It's just baffling that someone would rather look dumb and be considered a liar, than just say "oops, I was wrong".

But whatever floats their boat.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I just don't want to participate in your "gotcha contest," where you misconstrue what people write to make cheap points.
Last time I checked, I'm not getting paid to participate in your circle jerk.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
For the 2nd day of Melville week, the theme shall be random “Bartleby, the Scrivener” references.

I started that about a year ago, when someone on here posted some random nonsense and I replied "Bartleby the Scrivener" and he said, quote, "Huh?" I am so far ahead of the times, even though I have gone backwards 12 hours since I came back.

Reactions: Magua

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just don't want to participate in your "gotcha contest," where you misconstrue what people write to make cheap points.
Last time I checked, I'm not getting paid to participate in your circle jerk.
Misconstrue? You said one thing. Doubled down on it. Was shown video evidence that you were wrong. Tripled down on it, and now you pretend you are taking the higher road.

You were wrong, but like a stubborn donkey, won't admit it. So if you keep saying untrue things, that are not a simple mistake, but factually untrue and you refuse to back away from that, you will be called a liar. Don't lie, and you won't be called out on it. Just like I said in the Sanheim thread.

This isn't an opinion thing. This is a factual thing. Why is it so hard for you to say you were wrong?

I simply don't care. It's a petty, ridiculous debate that I had nothing to do with.
You cared plenty when you thought Striiker was talking about the Jake to G pass. It's only when you realized that Dead is factually wrong that you now don't care....or say you don't.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I never read Bleak House. I know some critics scoff at Dickens' writing, but I quite enjoyed both a Tale of Two Cities and Hard Times. I think a Christmas Carol is solid, also. Never read Great Expectations, but saw the movie. The quality of the movie wasn't great, but I thought the storyline was good.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Misconstrue? You said one thing. Doubled down on it. Was shown video evidence that you were wrong. Tripled down on it, and now you pretend you are taking the higher road.

You were wrong, but like a stubborn donkey, won't admit it. So if you keep saying untrue things, that are not a simple mistake, but factually untrue and you refuse to back away from that, you will be called a liar. Don't lie, and you won't be called out on it. Just like I said in the Sanheim thread.

This isn't an opinion thing. This is a factual thing. Why is it so hard for you to say you were wrong?

I said Filppula knocked it loose to Voracek, whether he passed it, hit the guy with the puck and knocked it loose that way is irrelevant. Obviously, the puck doesn't get there without Filppula forcing the play. It was a good play by Filppula which no one wanted to admit, because that would be giving him credit. Filppula is a smart, veteran player, too bad his legs went last year. But people wanted to trash him, therefore, they couldn't give him credit for anything.

On the JVR thing, I said we didn't need a LW, we needed a 3C, Ron agreed and tried to sign Stastny. When he couldn't get Stasny, he got JVR as a consolation prize. JVR is a nice addition, but Stastny would have been a better fit. If you take anyone's comments out of context you can show them up - but the desire to do so demonstrates your immaturity.

The "gotcha game" is for internet children, 12 year olds who have to feed their insecure egos.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You cared plenty when you thought Striiker was talking about the Jake to G pass. It's only when you realized that Dead is factually wrong that you now don't care....or say you don't.
Stop. I said right off that bat that his desire to bring me into that argument was truly bizarre. I've told you it was an argument I wasn't paying any attention to, hence I didn't even understand his question correctly. It was stupid of me in the first place to even bother offering an answer to his question as I had nothing to do with the debate and wasn't following it and should have ignored his attempt to drag me into it. I only cared when Striiker then started accusing me of being dishonest. As it turned out, I simply misunderstood his question.

Now you for some reason want to keep hounding me over this petty little debate. Well, sorry, I really couldn't care less about what deadhead said happened on one stupid play. I've said quite clearly what my interpretation of the play is. It's not good enough for you. For some reason you want me to label deadhead a liar. And I don't know the context of how all of this started, I wasn't involved in it, and I sure as hell am not going to go back and read pages of a petty argument between two other people just because some internet poster is demanding my opinion. Sorry if that offends you. It offends me that you think you can just demand that another poster go back and analyze any argument between two other posters and offer an opinion on it, and if he doesn't, then he's in the wrong. And if deadhead said something that was incorrect about a play, and then isn't acknowledging it in words that you think are appropriate, I couldn't give a rat's ass.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
On the JVR thing, I said we didn't need a LW, we needed a 3C, Ron agreed and tried to sign Stastny. When he couldn't get Stasny, he got JVR as a consolation prize. JVR is a nice addition, but Stastny would have been a better fit. If you take anyone's comments out of context you can show them up - but the desire to do so demonstrates your immaturity.

Stastny has nothing to do with it. For one, he was never going to Philly, he was staying out west. Hextall never had a chance with him, so it didn’t factor into any of his decisions.

Second, the Flyers had interest in JVR the very second they could speak to UFA’s. Giroux and others were actively helping recruit him. There was strong interest from both sides. Hextall wanted to sign him AND a center. They had the cap space to do it. It wasn’t one or the other. That is complete BS to think Hextall sat there and said, “oh well, I can’t get a center so I might as well sign JVR!” They agreed to a deal well before July 1st. Hextall said JVR was a target. It wasn’t dependent on anything else. More BS dishonesty from you.

And lastly, and most importantly, it still doesn’t change the fact you straight up said for months that the Flyers didn’t need a scoring LW, and Hextall clearly said that was a team need. Whenever reporters would ask him what his UFA targets would be, a scoring winger was always mentioned. And now you backtrack and flip flop and act like we needed one all along. You are the most dishonest person on this board. Can’t admit when you’re wrong, which seems to happen quite a lot. Maybe that’s why you don’t do it. If you did admit you were wrong you’d be apologizing every day. I bet that would get embarrassing after awhile.

Reactions: Striiker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad