Dave Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m in Albania right now (don’t ask) and i saw this picture hanging at the wall
Is that haktard pouring beer in a bar in albania or am i just too drunk?

That’s pretty damn funny.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
OK

Would you feel better if I re-phrased it to:

"So, now that the question being asked is clear, I assume you will agree that Filppula did not slide the puck to Voracek and if someone else says that he did, they would be lying?"

I’m not accusing deadhead of lying. Maybe he was just wrong? People are wrong sometimes without it being a lie. He does seem right in that it appears you are trying to minimize the credit Filppula gets on a very good play.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m not accusing deadhead of lying. Maybe he was just wrong? People are wrong sometimes without it being a lie. He does seem right in that it appears you are trying to minimize the credit Filppula gets on a very good play.
God... you're completely hopeless...

Do you realize how bad it makes you look that you can't admit something as black and white as this? This isn't evaluating a player or giving an opinion... this is something with video proof and a right and wrong answer.

As for your silly little accusation, it's just another example of you trying to misrepresent something I said.
Absolutely.

This was never about bashing Filppula for that play, it was exclusively about someone lying about what happened.

Like you said, he did a good job up until he lost the puck and you can’t blame him for not winning it back when it was 1v3 behind the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
God... you're completely hopeless...

Do you realize how bad it makes you look that you can't admit something as black and white as this? This isn't evaluating a player or giving an opinion... this is something with video proof and a right and wrong answer.

As for your silly little accusation, it's just another example of you trying to misrepresent something I said.

No, I don't think I'm the one looking bad here. You've got an obsession with labeling deadhead a liar. Over some petty debate you have that I didn't follow and don't care to follow, but which you have for some reason dragged me into and which I'm sure there's more to the story.

I think being incorrect about something does not always = lying.

That's nice you acknowledged Filppula made a good play. Still seems to me that this probably has something to do with you wanting to minimize some of the credit he deserves for the goal. But I could be wrong. Regardless, this seems like much ado about nothing.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, I don't think I'm the one looking bad here. You've got an obsession with labeling deadhead a liar. Over some petty debate you have that I didn't follow and don't care to follow, but which you have for some reason dragged me into and which I'm sure there's more to the story.

That's nice you acknowledged Filppula made a good play. Still seems to me that this probably has something to do with you wanting to minimize some of the credit he deserves for the goal. But I could be wrong. Regardless, this seems like much ado about nothing.
:laugh: Hey, I'm not the one who got exposed as both a liar and having an extreme agenda to defend two people who are indefensible, so it really can't be too bad. I'm in the right here, so no matter how bad you think this looks for me, I guarantee you're viewed as worse.

At worst, people are annoyed that I won't drop it and don't like the tone of my posts, but nobody could possibly think I'm wrong or being dishonest. They know what you are now and your credibility (what tiny amount you had) is completely gone.

I don't like lies and dishonest arguments, so I made a point of exposing two of people who do both. Mission accomplished.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
nobody could possibly think I'm wrong or being dishonest.

th

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
:laugh: Hey, I'm not the one who got exposed as both a liar and having an extreme agenda to defend two people who are indefensible, so it really can't be too bad. I'm in the right here, so no matter how bad you think this looks for me, I guarantee you're viewed as worse.

At worst, people are annoyed that I won't drop it and don't like the tone of my posts, but nobody could possibly think I'm wrong or being dishonest. They know what you are now and your credibility (what tiny amount you had) is completely gone.

I don't like lies and dishonest arguments, so I made a point of exposing two of people who do both. Mission accomplished.

Yeah, "nobody could possibly think [Striiker is] wrong or being dishonest" when he refuses to give Hakstol ANY credit for putting Giroux at LW and making Couturier the 1C (and in fact says it was a mistake that should be held against him) and says the roster Hakstol had at his disposal last season was 11th or better out of 31 in the league.

I won't say you're being dishonest. But it sure as hell is possible to think you're wrong.

I don't know what you think you have "exposed" that makes you look good here. But if you think you've proven yourself an objective voice on the team and coach, I think you are sadly mistaken.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, "nobody could possibly think [Striiker is] wrong or being dishonest" when he refuses to give Hakstol ANY credit for putting Giroux at LW and making Couturier the 1C (and in fact says it was a mistake that should be held against him) and says the roster Hakstol had at his disposal last season was 11th or better out of 31 in the league.

I won't say you're being dishonest. But it sure as hell is possible to think you're wrong.

I don't know what you think you have "exposed" that makes you look good here. But if you think you've proven yourself an objective voice on the team and coach, I think you are sadly mistaken.
I obviously meant nobody could think I'm wrong on this specific topic. :laugh:

Whether people like me or hate me, they know I was right about you two. You were exposed, there was clear proof, game over. I was like unpleasant chemo that attacks the cancer.

And no matter how many times you mention the Hakstol argument, you're still wrong. You're obviously just too biased to admit it.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Whether people like me or hate me, they know I was right about you two. You were exposed, there was clear proof, game over. I was like unpleasant chemo that attacks the cancer.

Now you're comparing, apparently, deadhead and I to cancer and you to some kind of harsh but heroic medicine that kills the life-threatening disease but saves the board?

And you really think you are coming across as the sane, objective voice here? You're delusional. You're coming across as way off the handle.

I obviously meant nobody could think I'm wrong on this specific topic. :laugh:
Nice to know you acknowledge people can think you are wrong on other topics.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can I just touch on this. You are very right. A good example is the other day when I misread the ES scoring from the Flyers. But when you pointed it out that I was wrong, and I went back to look at it again, I saw my mistake. So then I apologized for that mistake.

Now imagine if I REFUSED to say I was wrong and said over and over again that I was right. Would that not be a lie? How is that any different than what Dead is doing? Says one thing. Video proof shows another thing. Refuses to say he is wrong and says again he is right.

That's a lie.

Yet you won't say it is a lie. See how that looks when you say you see things in gray and are not biased?

Just saying...

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Can I just touch on this. You are very right. A good example is the other day when I misread the ES scoring from the Flyers. But when you pointed it out that I was wrong, and I went back to look at it again, I saw my mistake. So then I apologized for that mistake.

Now imagine if I REFUSED to say I was wrong and said over and over again that I was right. Would that not be a lie? How is that any different than what Dead is doing? Says one thing. Video proof shows another thing. Refuses to say he is wrong and says again he is right.

That's a lie.

Yet you won't say it is a lie. See how that looks when you say you see things in gray and are not biased?

Just saying...

I don't know if deadhead has "said over and over again the [he] was right" even after being shown the video.

I don't know anything about this ridiculous petty argument between Striiker and deadhead. All I know is that for some odd reason Striiker tried dragging me into it out of the blue when I had nothing to do with it.

I am not going to go back and research and analyze a long series of posts on what sounds like a stupid debate that I wasn't a part of.

And if you think I should be at the beck and call of any poster who wants to ask me for an opinion on a long argument they are having that I'm not familiar with, and that I'm in the wrong, and "biased," if I don't go back and read their entire lengthy argument and provide an opinion when someone is accused of lying, well, too bad.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't know if deadhead has "said over and over again the [he] was right" even after being shown the video.

I don't know anything about this ridiculous petty argument between Striiker and deadhead. All I know is that for some odd reason Striiker tried dragging me into it out of the blue when I had nothing to do with it.

I am not going to go back and research and analyze a long series of posts on what sounds like a stupid debate that I wasn't a part of.

And if you think I should be at the beck and call of any poster who wants to ask me for an opinion on a long argument they are having that I'm not familiar with, and that I'm in the wrong, and "biased," if I don't go back and read their entire lengthy argument and provide an opinion when someone is accused of lying, well, too bad.
This is the response I expected.

So you can't say Dead is lying even though the video evidence that you saw AND AGREE WITH, proves him wrong.

And as you can see, he is still posting and has not said he was wrong. You know, like I did. But you will stand by him anyways.

The irony.

Reactions: Striiker

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
This is the response I expected.

So you can't say Dead is lying even though the video evidence that you saw AND AGREE WITH, proves him wrong.

And as you can see, he is still posting and has not said he was wrong. You know, like I did. But you will stand by him anyways.

The irony.

I guess you expect to be called into lengthy arguments that you were not a part of and then be demanded to offer an opinion about whether someone is lying?

It's an insulting premise. I'm not going to call someone a liar when I am not familiar with the situation. And I'm sure as hell not going to be at the beck and call of posters to read through pages upon pages of an argument I wasn't a part of to understand a situation I don't care about and had zero part in creating. Like I said, that's simply insulting.

I don't know what dead said, when, how often, when he was shown the video, what he said after, etc. AND I DON'T CARE. It's a stupid petty argument and it's even more outrageous that you've dragged me into it. I have nothing to do with that argument. I am not reading all the posts about it. If you think my refusal to read a lengthy argument I wasn't involved in and offer an opinion as to whether someone was lying makes me biased, I'd say it means you have a hell of an ego. I told you what I think happened on the play. I have no idea the details about the rest of the argument and I'm not getting dragged into it any further. Sorry you value my opinion so much suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot