Confirmed with Link: Dave Hakstol has been fired; Scott Gordon named interim head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean if people really think Lehtera's 7 minutes are the reason this team doesn't win, or playing AMac over Folin, they are living in delusionville.

Hakstol lost the team this year, the same way Lavi lost the team six years ago, but firing Lavi didn't make this a good team, firing Hakstol doesn't make this a good team. (no, I'm not equating the two, I'm just pointing out that firing a coach doesn't fix fundamental flaws). They had a bounce back year under Berube, but that didn't make Berube a good coach or the Flyers a better team.

Point is this team has some serious flaws that no coach can paper over.
Until you fix the goalies, rework the front 9 and balance the defense, this team will remain mediocre.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
amazon-scream.jpg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I mean if people really think Lehtera's 7 minutes are the reason this team doesn't win, or playing AMac over Folin, they are living in delusionville.

Hakstol lost the team this year, the same way Lavi lost the team six years ago, but firing Lavi didn't make this a good team, firing Hakstol doesn't make this a good team. (no, I'm not equating the two, I'm just pointing out that firing a coach doesn't fix fundamental flaws). They had a bounce back year under Berube, but that didn't make Berube a good coach or the Flyers a better team.

Until you fix the goalies, rework the front 9 and balance the defense, this team will remain mediocre.

No. Basically all of the problems with the team have to do with the coach and/or the health of the goalies, which is a coaching-related problem. The team has suffered some bad variance as well, but mostly when you have this much talent and the league's worst PK and one of the worst PPs that's on the coaching staff. Hakstol is the fundamental flaw.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Your old hero is the one who put together that flawed roster. The same roster you indirectly defended all summer when you defended him. I used to think you were just some weird numbers obsessed long winded milton type, but your recent defense of Hakstol makes it pretty clear that you are nothing more than a second rate troll.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

What happened to your proclamation that the roster is finally good enough to judge Hakstol?

Crazy how when Hakstol blew it you've decided that wait, no, it can't be his fault, the roster actually sucked.

If you're trying to avoid being wrong, it's not working. You're wrong either way in the end.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Also it's not just Lehtera 7 minutes a night. It's a cascade of problems that that creates, and it's when he gets those minutes. Matching him up in bad situations, putting most of the team's players in bad spots; playing AMac 20 minutes and Sanheim 10; not using timeouts when the team suddenly goes down 3-0; not rotating his defensemen appropriately when the team has multiple PKs; playing goalies B2B games; putting Weise on the PP. There's got to be 30 dumb decisions per game, if you don't think those add up to real losses you're kidding yourself.

Not to mention the fact that Hakstol's basic systems and philosophies are terrible.

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Also it's not just Lehtera 7 minutes a night. It's a cascade of problems that that creates, and it's when he gets those minutes. Matching him up in bad situations, putting most of the team's players in bad spots; playing AMac 20 minutes and Sanheim 10; not using timeouts when the team suddenly goes down 3-0; not rotating his defensemen appropriately when the team has multiple PKs; playing goalies B2B games; putting Weise on the PP. There's got to be 30 dumb decisions per game, if you don't think those add up to real losses you're kidding yourself.

Not to mention the fact that Hakstol's basic systems and philosophies are terrible.

Yeah, we've all beaten these dead horses (sorry PETA!) so badly they don't even look like horses anymore. Just amorphous, hideous lumps of bad decisions and arrogance, scattered far as the eyes can see. We're all covered in cold horse blood right now. It's been horrible and mindnumbing.

I'm frankly done talking about it. There's nothing to debate or point out or argue. Yes, the team has other flaws, but anyone who doesn't acknowledge the overarching compendium of issues that coaching contaminated this team with is either an invalid or creating strawmen left and right to get their contrarian kicks. It's bad, we know it's bad, it's soon to be over. Hell, it is over, and I don't want to f***ing think about it now, or ever again.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Yep. Looking forward to reading this board now that certain posters won't be denigrating our top posters in defense of Hakstol because we'll be wining games.
You use this word winning. They still don't have a goalie, and the defense still features slumping Ghost, slumping Provorov, and Folin.

But they will be faster, promising, and exciting again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad