Dave Chappelle - The Dreamer

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Yeah, just like you only wanted to discuss that low budget movie the daily wire made. You definitely aren't looking for reactions.
Isn't every thread created looking for a reaction/discussion to the topic? That's the whole point of creating a thread....

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I am open to laughing at offside jokes but Chappelle has simply lost his fastball. The majority of this special was political commentary and philosophy instead of comedy.

Wanted to like it but just didn't really find it funny. His old stuff was absolute top tier though, the 'black white supremacist' skit is all time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I am open to laughing at offside jokes but Chappelle has simply lost his fastball. The majority of this special was political commentary and philosophy instead of comedy.

Wanted to like it but just didn't really find it funny. His old stuff was absolute top tier though, the 'black white supremacist' skit is all time.
So, like a poor man's Carlin now?

I always liked Chappelle, but not nearly as much as others. For my money, I think Bill Burr is the funniest comedian alive right now.

Reactions: Bocephus86
Sep 19, 2008
used to be a big chappelle fan but his standup material has dipped big time

i check IG every day and they always recommend these reels of him and like I have to actively block them. I'm not interested and it's not funny

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Not a bad watch, a couple laughs, but not in the same stratosphere as the old days. I don't base that on any of the material either; funny is funny.

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Well, the conservative commentator Andrew Klavan was not impressed:

So I guess you don't necessarily need to feel offended to think that it sucks, heh.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
He was an all-time great at his peak, but unfortunately the quality of his recent work falls far short of what he's capable of.

He's become more interested in trying to be a philosopher instead of a comedian. His long setups don't really go anywhere comedically, he just wants to make a point. The problem with that, is that he's not saying anything particularly interesting, so it results in a meandering, uninspired and bland hour.

It was a hell of lot better than the latest Ricky Gervais special though, I'll give it that.
I really enjoy his longer set ups recently. I didn't think the entire special was gold but there is some pretty good stuff in there.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Clayton show us your face!

Ya'll wanna see my face?!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Easily his worst stand up and I'm a huge Chapelle fan, this special was awful I think I laughed once or twice.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Easily his worst stand up and I'm a huge Chapelle fan, this special was awful I think I laughed once or twice.
I am a huge Chappelle fan and I haven't seen any of the new stand-ups nor plan to. I think the thing we need to all understand is that stand-up Comedians have a very short shelf life (I'm talking about ten specials TOPS and that is maybe 2 to 3 too many). All the ones that got Kevin Hart famous, everything after that pretty much sucked big time (like the one where he has the gold mic), but he saw that and decided to go to Hollywood instead (smart move by him).

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I am a huge Chappelle fan and I haven't seen any of the new stand-ups nor plan to. I think the thing we need to all understand is that stand-up Comedians have a very short shelf life (I'm talking about ten specials TOPS and that is maybe 2 to 3 too many). All the ones that got Kevin Hart famous, everything after that pretty much sucked big time (like the one where he has the gold mic), but he saw that and decided to go to Hollywood instead (smart move by him).
I liked his Netflix ones I thought his second last was his weakest now the dreamer is easily his worst. If he does another and it's bad I would say thats it for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad