Confirmed with Link: Datsyuk re-signs for 3 years 22.5m/7.5 per year cap hit

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I would be shocked if he isn't at 7 million+ maybe 3rd and 4th year he would drop below that to around 6.5 or so.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
3 yrs 20M would be awesome. 3 years 18 would be glorious. I'll be fine with a 2 or 3 year extension at 7.2 - 7.7 M though. Pavel really has Kenny over a barrel.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Someone answer this question for me? "The contract can't be officially signed, registered or announced until July 5". So he can't sign the contract, make it official and announce that he signed until July 5 but,

Does this mean that they can announce that an agreement has been made? Or can they not do that until July 5 as well?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Someone answer this question for me? "The contract can't be officially signed, registered or announced until July 5". So he can't sign the contract, make it official and announce that he signed until July 5 but,

Does this mean that they can announce that an agreement has been made? Or can they not do that until July 5 as well?
I think they're technically not supposed to negotiate until the 5th. So an announcement would be evidence of formal negotiations.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I could see something like a 3 year deal worth 22.5M structured something like 8.5M in year 1, 7.5M in year 2 & 6.5M in year 3. I think he'll take a bit of a discount this time, though with his agent it wouldn't surprise me if we had to pay full value.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
What about Malkin's deal, wasn't he under the same circumstances as Pavel (2014 UFA)?

Well that answered my question. Googled it, Malkin hasn't signed yet either, just announced. Cool we might hear an announcement tomorrow!

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
very comfortable with pretty much any (realistic) money amount if it's 3 years

i'd fret more about the cap hit if it was 4 or 5 but at 3 i'm pretty confident he'll live up to anything realistic

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
since dats is the only player creating some entertainment i would say give him what ever he is asking for. just sign a empty sheet and let him fill out what he wants. if its not fitting in the cap system just kick out some player in a lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: