Injury Report: Datsyuk Out 4-5 Weeks

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
I know some people are going to be upset if Jurco is sent down, but truthfully, based on his play this season and preseason, it might do him some good..... Nestrasil, on the other hand, has played well for the most part and would need to clear waivers, which he may not....

Send Jurco down, keep Nesty up, and keep Cleary in the box.

There's no sense in risking losing any of these guys unnecessarily, when you have an out by simply sending Jurco, who isn't playing well, down to the AHL. By the time he finds his game again, we will probably have injuries somewhere in the lineup and will be in need of additional bodies.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I don't mind Jurco being sent down for a few weeks to give Nesty a bit more time. He has looked good, but it is also his honeymoon period. A lot of players look good for the initial energy burst and then sort of level off. I think Jurco is at a level off phase just like Tatar & Nyquist hit last year.

With that said, I do wish they'd waive Cleary or even Kindl or both. Keep Jurco up and bring up one of the young dmen. That won't happen, but we can hope. I do think Nesty will get picked up if we keep him up much longer. If they wanted to hide him, they should have sent him through with the mass exodus at the end of the pre-season.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
ahhh ok thats true

though, i didnt hear anything about u being interested

must have been a hush hush thing

We didn't hear about anyone else being interested; since several teams passed I'm not sure anyone else was, nor will we ever know.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Who else did we hear about being interested? And of course Detroit wasn't interested, Nestrasil made the team, they're not going to dump homegrown talent for a waiver pickup.

sorry that wasnt my point,

it was said that yzerman wouldnt pick up nesty because he dumped a better player in Panik and I was just thinking, if Panik is better than Nesty why didnt we make a play for Panik is all(if in fact he is better).

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
sorry that wasnt my point,

it was said that yzerman wouldnt pick up nesty because he dumped a better player in Panik and I was just thinking, if Panik is better than Nesty why didnt we make a play for Panik is all(if in fact he is better).

Because of the reasons I stated in my post. We also don't know if Panik is better or not at the NHL level.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Because of the reasons I stated in my post. We also don't know if Panik is better or not at the NHL level.

while i agree loyalty is a big asset

i would hope we dont make decisions based solely on it

now, i believe the reason we didnt do so is less about loyalty and more with the fact we simply prefer Nesty and what he brings/can bring to the team

Actual Thought*

while i agree loyalty is a big asset

i would hope we dont make decisions based solely on it

now, i believe the reason we didnt do so is less about loyalty and more with the fact we simply prefer Nesty and what he brings/can bring to the team
I don't think it is about loyalty as much as knowledge of your player.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Helene St. James @HeleneStJames · 23 mins 23 minutes ago

#RedWings Pavel Datsyuk (shoulder) expected to miss weekend Toronto games, possible return by following weekend.

Lesson learnt, hold back your optimism.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Helene St. James @HeleneStJames · 23 mins 23 minutes ago

#RedWings Pavel Datsyuk (shoulder) expected to miss weekend Toronto games, possible return by following weekend.

Lesson learnt, hold back your optimism.

He started skating without a grey jersey 2 days ago. So the earliest anyone could expect him back would be Tuesday against montreal. However I am unaware if he has been or will be cleared for full contact yet/soon. And generally once a player that hasn't skated much is cleared for full contact they don't play till 6-7 days after the clear.

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Cant wait to see mr.Magic on ice again.. Still, this weekend the latest update?

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Will wait until after practice today, could be ready as soon as tomorrow, he just needs to be cleared.

Fantastic,, *fingers crossed*
In my world, NHL hasnt started for real until Datsyuk is playing

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
injuries

when are the following guys expected back:

Datsyuk

Howard

Franzen

any time table for each? will any of them be back for tomorrow's game against Montreal?

if you want to comment after practice is over, that would be awesome...

Thanks!

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
when are the following guys expected back:

Datsyuk

Howard

Franzen

any time table for each? will any of them be back for tomorrow's game against Montreal?

if you want to comment after practice is over, that would be awesome...

Thanks!

Howard Tuesday. Mule I assume the same. Datsyuk, no idea.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I think Franzen will be back Tuesday. They are hopeful on Datsyuk being back as well, but I doubt he returns yet. He always seems to take just a little bit longer than anticipated. Old age is catching up to him in terms of recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad