NHL Entry Draft: Dathockeydoe's CONSENSUS draft (#41 - #45)

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
31. Tomas Novak - 412pts

TSN Rank - 42

Great skating abilities matched with solid playmaker instincts. Is Novak really a step behind Boeser?

32. Joel Eriksson Ek - 371pts

Risen up the charts this year. Many think he is a first round talent. Great shot and vision. Creative with the puck. Will he sneak into the 1st round?

33. Jordan Greenway - 332pts

He's big and does his job quite well. He knows the value of using his grit on the ice to compliment the players with more skill. He is a highly coveted prospect for those reasons and whoever drafts him will do so with glee.

34. Ryan Pilon - 329 pts

When your Defensive partner is a highly ranked talent as well it's easy for others to see the great abilities in your game as well. Pilon is not quite as well rounded as Provorov but there is a ton of upside to his game. Will he be a Dman who slips down the list though?

35. Nicolas Meloche - 275 pts

This young man looks and plays like an NHL player already. He doesn't have the same set of interesting skill sets as others but many are keeping their eye on him. He could go sooner than later.

What are your thoughts? Will these be the players that GM's take a chance on early second round?

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
1. Connor Mcdavid (1)
2. Jack Eichel (2)
3. Mitch Marner (4)
4. Noah Hanifan (3)
5. Dylan Strome (5)
6. Oliver Kylington (12)
7. Ivan Provorov (7)
8. Pavel Zacha (11)
9. Mikko Rantanen (9)
10. Zack Werenski (6)
11. Lawson Crouse (10)
12. Matthew Barzel (8)
13. Nick Merkley (16)
14. Jeremy Roy (17)
15. Kyle Connor (13)
16. Travis Konecny (14)
17. Colin White (22)
18. Evgeni Svechnikov (18)
19. Timo Meier (15)
20. Anthony Beauviller (21)
21. Brandon Carlo (25)
22. Jakub Zboril (23)
23. Paul Bittner (27)
24. ?
25. Brock Boeser (26)
26. Daniel Sprong (24)
27. Jeremy Bracco (29)
28. Jansen Harkins (19)
29. Thomas Novak (31)
30. Thomas Chabot (20)
31. Jordan Greenway (33)
32. ?
33. ?
34. ?
35. Jake DeBrusk (28)
36. Nick Meloche (35)
37. Filip Chlapik (30)
39. Ryan Pilon (34)

NR: Joel Eriksson Ek

My top guy still is available

stayinalive

Jul 29, 2012
My #20 is actually still unranked,while there have been now 3 guys I had completely unrankend..

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
I have 3 goalies in my top 45 that have no chance in hell of making it on this list. Just way too deep at forward going into the 2nd-3rd round for there to be any consensus on goalies right now.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
36. Alexander Dergachyov - 264pts

Big, skilled, and gritty. What about the factor though...?

37. Noah Juulsen - 243pts

Solid defender who plays both ends of the ice well. Has a tendency to make little errors that most think are purely due to his youth. If he continues to develop well, he should have a chance to be an impactful blue liner.

38. Nikita Korostelev - 219pts

Great hands and an NHL ready shot. If teams are hoping for a solid RW prospect, look no further. His skating and physical play should continue to improve.

39. Rasmus Andersson - 198pts

Filling the shoes of Ekblad isn't the easiest of tasks but Andersson has certainly seized that opportunity. He can still work on his skating and work ethic/training, but his production has been impressive especially on the power play.

40. Matthew Spencer - 194 pts

Spencer is a great skater, allowing him to defend well positionally and move the puck smoothly out of the zone. He has still a lot of room for improvement and I think GM's like his potential high ceiling and a blue liner.

What do you think? With a great amount of prospect Dmen, are these the ones that are a bit of a risk? Is this what makes them second round players?

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
1. Connor Mcdavid (1)
2. Jack Eichel (2)
3. Mitch Marner (4)
4. Noah Hanifan (3)
5. Dylan Strome (5)
6. Oliver Kylington (12)
7. Ivan Provorov (7)
8. Pavel Zacha (11)
9. Mikko Rantanen (9)
10. Zack Werenski (6)
11. Lawson Crouse (10)
12. Matthew Barzel (8)
13. Nick Merkley (16)
14. Jeremy Roy (17)
15. Kyle Connor (13)
16. Travis Konecny (14)
17. Colin White (22)
18. Evgeni Svechnikov (18)
19. Timo Meier (15)
20. Anthony Beauviller (21)
21. Brandon Carlo (25)
22. Jakub Zboril (23)
23. Paul Bittner (27)
24. Rasmus Andersson (39)
25. Brock Boeser (26)
26. Daniel Sprong (24)
27. Jeremy Bracco (29)
28. Jansen Harkins (19)
29. Thomas Novak (31)
30. Thomas Chabot (20)
31. Jordan Greenway (33)
32. Nikita Korostelev (38)
33. ?
34. Matthew Spencer (40)
35. Jake DeBrusk (28)
36. Nick Meloche (35)
37. Filip Chlapik (30)
38. Noah Juulson (37)
39. Ryan Pilon (34)
40. ?
41. ?
42. ?
43. Alexander Degachev (36)
44. ?
45. ?

NR: Joel Eriksson Ek

In case anyone didn't know the player was Rasmus Andersson

The highest player who hasn't been picked is a big French Canadian

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
If you are going to continue to post your list, offer something to the discussion as well. I've already commented on this more than a few times.

This isn't a list to see who is right. It was MADE from the submitting lists. You have nothing to prove.

The purpose is for healthy discussion over prospects to become more familiar/better acquainted with them.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
36. Alexander Dergachyov - 264pts

Big, skilled, and gritty. What about the factor though...?

37. Noah Juulsen - 243pts

Solid defender who plays both ends of the ice well. Has a tendency to make little errors that most think are purely due to his youth. If he continues to develop well, he should have a chance to be an impactful blue liner.

What do you think? With a great amount of prospect Dmen, are these the ones that are a bit of a risk? Is this what makes them second round players?

There we go!

Dergachyov is a stud. The kind of player who will be able to play anywhere in a lineup and not be out of place. He's skilled, offensively and defensively, he's gritty, and he's large. I think someone takes a stab at him in the 20's and will be very happy when he comes over after the KHL goes nearly bankrupt. He places centre and wing, which is always a plus.

Juulsen reminds me of PK. He's a real game breaker. Loves to hit, though they can take him out of position, and he can score from the point. He uses his speed to impact games and he fits the size portion as well. Funny how he'll most likely go in the draft at the same spot as PK too. To be maybe a bit more specific, he's like a more raw Matt Dumba (Which is RAW). But I think he'll get there and will be a Top-4, maybe a Top-2 in the NHL.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
There we go!

Dergachyov is a stud. The kind of player who will be able to play anywhere in a lineup and not be out of place. He's skilled, offensively and defensively, he's gritty, and he's large. I think someone takes a stab at him in the 20's and will be very happy when he comes over after the KHL goes nearly bankrupt. He places centre and wing, which is always a plus.

Juulsen reminds me of PK. He's a real game breaker. Loves to hit, though they can take him out of position, and he can score from the point. He uses his speed to impact games and he fits the size portion as well. Funny how he'll most likely go in the draft at the same spot as PK too. To be maybe a bit more specific, he's like a more raw Matt Dumba (Which is RAW). But I think he'll get there and will be a Top-4, maybe a Top-2 in the NHL.

That's the impression that I've been getting. I've never seen him play to be honest, but it seems like maybe I should. He has a higher upside than some people. I've heard him thrown in the categories with Spencer in that regard.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
41. Filip Ahl - 173pts

He's got big frame and he sure doesn't use it like most swedish players. He loves taking the pucks to high chance scoring areas. Could he be a sleeper pick in the second round?

42. Mackenzie Blackwood - 167pts

This years goalie crop is far from certain but Blackwood is the only one to make our top 45. When Ekblad/Andersson plays in front of you, you have every opportunity to shine. Is Blackwood as good as he seems? High touted goalies have lately had incredible teams in front (Fucale, Demko). Is that a good or bad sign?

43. Jens Looke - 162pts

He is a talented forward who got both praise and scrutiny for his play at the WJC. There are those who still think he's a highly touted prospect and others who have their doubts. A little all over the board for this player. If he was available at 43 would you draft him?

44. Nicolas Roy - 149pts

This is another prospect with mixed reviews. Once a staple in the top 30, he has slid a bit due to inconsistent offensive outbursts. He still has that in him and is developing his two way game nicely. It's tough to ignore his big frame as well. What other young players do you think is he comparable to?

45. Mitchell Vande Sompel - 139pts

This impressive blue liner has been throwing up some big numbers. At 5'10 he will face the challenge of continuing to impress on both ends of the ice. Lots of teams eyeing him up.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
My Rankings:

1. Connor McDavid (1)
2. Jack Eichel (2)
3. Noah Hanifin (3)
4. Mikko Rantanen (9)
5. Ivan Provorov (7)
6. Mitch Marner (4)
7. Dylan Strome (5)
8. Mathew Barzal (8)
9. Zach Werenski (6)
10. Oliver Kylington (12)
11. Kyle Connor (13)
12. Lawson Crouse (10)
13. Travis Konecny (14)
14. Brandon Carlo (25)
15. Thomas Chabot (20)
16. Timo Meier (15)
17. Nick Merkley (16)
18. Pavel Zacha (11)
19. Jakub Zboril (23)
20. Daniel Sprong (24)
21. Jordan Greenway (21)
22. Jeremy Roy (17)
23. Yevgeny Svechnikov (18)
24. Paul Bittner (27)
25. Colin White (22)
26. Noah Juulsen (37)
27. Jansen Harkins (19)
28. Ryan Pilon (34)
29. Jake DeBrusk (28)
30. Tomas Novak (31)
31. Jesper Lindgren (NR)
32. Filip Chlapik (30)
33. Brock Boeser (26)
34. Alexander Dergachyov (36)
35. Jeremy Bracco (29)
36. Filip Ahl (41)
37. Roop Hintz (NR)
38. Jens Looke (43)
39. Joel Eriksson Ek (32)
40. Mackenzie Blackwood (42)
41. Dmytro Timashov (NR)
42. Anthony Beauvillier (21)
43. Matthew Spencer (40)
44. Rasmus Andersson (39)
45. Nathan Noel (NR)

NR: Nicolas Meloche (35), Nikita Korostelev (38), Nicolas Roy (44), Mitchell Vande Sompel (45)

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Guys who I had on my list but didn't end up on the consensus list were Christian Fischer, Denis Yan, Jesper Lindgren, Denis Malgin, Jack Roslovic, and Adam Marsh. In place of those were Nicolas Meloche, Ryan Pilon, Alexander Dergachev, Rasmus Andersson, Mackenzie Blackwood, and Nicolas Roy.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
My Rankings:

1. McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Strome
Marner
Barzal
Werenski
Provorov
Rantanen
Zacha
11. Crouse
Konecny
Kylington
Meier
Kyle Connor
Merkley
Svechnikov
Harkins
J Roy
Beauvillier
21. Zboril
White
Sprong
Chabot
Bittner
Boeser
Debrusk
Bracco
Eriksson EK
Larsson
31. Novak
Meloche
Chlapik
Dunn
Juulsen
Blackwood
Spencer
Greenway
Korostelev
Ahl
41. Pilon
Vande Sompel
Lindgren
Hintz
Dergachyev

46 was Adam Marsh for me.

Wayne Crosby

Jan 28, 2013
Players I had on my list that did not make the consensus:

Erik Cernak (24), Jack Roslovic (30), Ilya Samsonov (32), Jacob Larsson (34), Michael Spacek (38), Denis Guryanov (43) and Daniel Vladar (44).

Thanks for doing this OP, it's a great list and I'm sure it took a fair bit of time! I'll definitely be checking out how the actual draft goes compared to our consensus.

dathockeydoe

@dathockeydoe
Feb 16, 2015
SK
Players I had on my list that did not make the consensus:

Erik Cernak (24), Jack Roslovic (30), Ilya Samsonov (32), Jacob Larsson (34), Michael Spacek (38), Denis Guryanov (43) and Daniel Vladar (44).

Thanks for doing this OP, it's a great list and I'm sure it took a fair bit of time! I'll definitely be checking out how the actual draft goes compared to our consensus.

Thanks Crosby. It was a lot more work than anticipated but I think it was helpful and am glad I decided to follow through with the idea. Hope it was helpful to you.

Wewaykum

Feb 25, 2015
Montréal
Really interesting concept guys. I did not partake in the making of this combined list but this is a cool idea and pretty reasonable list. From an external perspective, I wasn't thrown off by any of these "consensus" rankings but Jens Looke dropped more that I would thought. Globally I think the rule of the average has given a pretty damn fair list.

grabovski94

Jun 18, 2011
As I already stated in this thread, I had Crouse at 12. I think he will go higher than that. I live in kingston and have watched his last ~10 games in a row live. Like, insanely impressive. Especially with the return of Bennett. I think he will go higher than that. I also think with a little conditioning and development his OHL point totals will become meaningless and he can develop into an elite power forward in the NHL. There are lots of power forwards that were around a ppg pace in juniors who are now great NHL players.

He's being used in all situations and is regularly matching up against the other teams top line. He has had great hustle and really shown more tenacity when I look at him now compared to games earlier in the season. He's got a great release and his speed is nothing to scoff at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad