Darts

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Obligatory

Oi, oi, oi!

I caught a bit of this on Tuesday, because someone managed to stream over 9 hours of Sky Sports footage on YT before someone ratted the stream out. :laugh:

Reactions: Michelangelo

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
My next UK or Ireland trip, I would love to attend a few days of a big tournament.

I don't know if my liver would like it, but there isn't a person in the crowd not having a blast

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I dont understand the rules, can you explain? Or compare it to some ice-hockey game?
Bowling is an easier comparison. Two guys going for a perfect game. In the 10th frame the first guy gets 9 pins and the next guy gets the strike for a perfect game.

It would be like two tennis players getting aces in a tie break on every serve, then one double faults at 6-6 and the other guy aces him to win the set.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I dont understand the rules, can you explain? Or compare it to some ice-hockey game?

Specifcally a nine-darter is called a perfect leg. Getting to 0 from 501 takes exactly 9 perfect darts to complete a leg and they are VERY rare. The last time someone had a perfect leg during the WC was 2011. So for 2 people on the same leg to be trying for a 9-darter is like a unicorn.

What has NEVER happened is a player throwing back-to-back 9-darters, or 18 perfect darts.

this is the closest it's ever happenend

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The Premier League started last week. The league takes the 4-top ranked players in the world and then 4 wild cards. It's usually based on form and popularity. This year, the tournament winner from the tournament the week BEFORE the PL started got an automatic entry into the PL. As it happened, the #21 ranked player, Chris Dobey won in an upset. Many fans and some players complained that the new rule allowed a player who wasn't REALLY a top player. They said he would finish last and the rule would need to change back. Even Dobey said, "To be honest, other players deserve to be here."

So guess who won the 1st week of the League?

Chris Dobey of course.. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad