OT: Darren dreger/Nonis

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I don't see why people care. I don't even know my second cousins(if I have any), and the fact that they are second cousins doesn't change what information Leafs management releases to the media.

leafspring*

I don't see why people care. I don't even know my second cousins(if I have any), and the fact that they are second cousins doesn't change what information Leafs management releases to the media.

Second cousins is your parents first cousins,and you don't know them seems odd to me lol.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
For the record, there is mention that the relationship may even be more distant. This is quote from a Feschuk article:
"And what of the new GM? Well, Dave Nonis is clearly gifted in many aspects of the managerial portfolio. But as Jack Capuano, the New York Islanders coach who played with Nonis at the University of Maine, was saying the other day, Nonis is a corporate guy who plays things close to the vest. Just as he keeps his beloved fine wine in a dark cellar, Nonis keeps many of this thoughts tucked away in his presumably vast brain — which, we assure you, is not connected via electronic implant to the BlackBerry of TSN’s Darren Dreger, Nonis’s third cousin."

The term second cousin is often used loosely. Remember when Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady were "cousins"....and it turned out they were only related by marriage somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad