Value of: Darnell Nurse for u24 Top 6 Winger or Top 4D

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
He's not under 24, but Edmonton should consider Kessel. Imagine Kessel on McDavid's right wing? It'd be nuts.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Lol are u sure that was the deal? That’s beyond brutal, highway robbery for EDM. I’d like to see this agreed upon deal.

Speculation: - What is the Red Wings Firesale Going To Look Like?

Post 30 and 32. Only one RWs fan agreed with me but nobody flamed me so assumed it was close to fair

He's finally started to look like the player we thought he could be over the last month or so, so yeah we're a lot higher on him now.

Happy to hear. Fast skilled guys are such important players in the NHL of today.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He's not under 24, but Edmonton should consider Kessel. Imagine Kessel on McDavid's right wing? It'd be nuts.
Way too old.

Also, he wouldn't play with McDavid. The 1st line is far from the problem. Kessel would play lower to spread out the scoring.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
That’s fair. I honestly can’t see anything I’d give up Nurse for realistically. Maybe OP thinks differently but I don’t see any sense in dealing Nurse at all. Caleb Jones is NHL ready, he’s got that part right, but thrusting a 21 year old kid into the top four isn’t smart
So Lehkonen + Hudon + what prospects or picks for Nurse? Don’t say any of Suzuki-Poehling-Brook-1st please and thank you. Let’s get a fantasy deal made here like we have done in the past.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I don’t see Montreal dealing Mete or their 1st unless something amazing come back and that something isn’t Nurse

He’d be the perfect partner for Petry, not Weber
I would pair him with Weber, Nurse can generate offense, and with Weber next to him he will look amazing, just like every player you put next to Weber looks better.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
So Lehkonen + Hudon + what prospects or picks for Nurse? Don’t say any of Suzuki-Poehling-Brook-1st please and thank you. Let’s get a fantasy deal made here like we have done in the past.

Doesn't really do anything for Edmonton.

Any deal needs to make Edmonton a better team right now and that offer doesn't do it.

Too much quantity not enough quality. I'd have time for Lehkonen and Hudon but their value to me is right around Leivo level.

The Oilers don't need more wingers who might do something, they have plenty of those and just plucked one off waivers. They need Gallagher level or better.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I’m not willing to entertain moving Nurse for the likes of what you’d be willing to offer. Habs fans always want to turn three loonies into a fiver and that’s of zero interest.

Lesser packages of low end 2nd line wingers, tweener AHLers and mediocre picks and prospects will fall on the deafest of ears.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Nurse is in no way worth Drouin. That lesser package I can see why you wouldn't want it, but really Drouin? He is a 24 year old first liner signed long-term cheap.

Offer a singular piece of comparable value or why would we even bother listening? We’re not a bank, you can’t exchange your loose change for bills here.

I’d give up a 2nd for Lekhonen, maybe a 5th for Hudon. Nurse has MUCH more value than that.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Offer a singular piece of comparable value or why would we even bother listening? We’re not a bank, you can’t exchange your loose change for bills here.

I’d give up a 2nd for Lekhonen, maybe a 5th for Hudon. Nurse has MUCH more value than that.
I never made an offer, I was just criticizing the Drouin ask.
Edit: I even stated I see why the oilers wouldn't want a package like that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I never made an offer, I was just criticizing the Drouin ask.
Edit: I even stated I see why the oilers wouldn't want a package like that.

Right, but I’m saying that I don’t see a single forward on the Habs that isn’t an overpayment that I’d move Nurse for, even if we had the defensive depth to do so.

Worth more at the moment: Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Domi. Habs fans would have Drouin here too but I’m not convinced.

What’s left? Lekhonen, Danault, Tatar, and mediocrity. No thanks, no interest.

23 year old top four D aren’t moved for pocket change and less.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Right, but I’m saying that I don’t see a single forward on the Habs that isn’t an overpayment that I’d move Nurse for, even if we had the defensive depth to do so.

Worth more at the moment: Kotkaniemi, Gallagher, Domi. Habs fans would have Drouin here too but I’m not convinced.

What’s left? Lekhonen, Danault, Tatar, and mediocrity. No thanks, no interest.

23 year old top four D aren’t moved for pocket change and less.

That's why I didn't make an offer. The only package I could see the oilers doing would be a Mete + Lehkonen kind of deal and even then I'm not sure if that works for either team.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
No to lesser pieces/picks/prospects/packages.

Drouin or no
No no no no.... no disrespect but you don’t have a defenseman that returns Drouin. Especially what it would take to pry him from his hometown. And the sweet contract he is on as well..

Lehkonen will be a great 2 way 20 goal player for you guys. He’s a nice piece. He even has a potential 30 goal ceiling, he had 18 goals in 73 games as a rookie! All while playing solid defensively. He was injured last year, and was snake bitten near the end, and his bad luck has trickled into this season, but he’s been putting them in again recently. He’s still over .5 PPG even after being very unlucky.

You’re also getting a 2nd round pick + Ylonen (our 2nd round pick from last year)

And i’ll throw in Hudon who can putt 10 in, and if he finds chemistry in the top 6 than maybe more.

Come on man, be reasonable, this is a good deal.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center

A 2nd for Lehkonen? Disgraceful, bitter, unfair, wrong.

Honestly you are so close to being blocked, you’re one of the worst homers I have ever come by. You’re making me dislike the Oilers.

Let’s put it this way with disrespect just like you do it, your posting style. PoolParty who you think is worth so much in other threads couldn’t hold Lehkonen’s jock strap in the NHL. He’s hot garbage when compared to a solid 2 way player like Lehkonen.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Doesn't really do anything for Edmonton.

Any deal needs to make Edmonton a better team right now and that offer doesn't do it.

Too much quantity not enough quality. I'd have time for Lehkonen and Hudon but their value to me is right around Leivo level.

The Oilers don't need more wingers who might do something, they have plenty of those and just plucked one off waivers. They need Gallagher level or better.
You can never have Gallagher.

And.... look at that Gally just scored!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
A 2nd for Lehkonen? Disgraceful, bitter, unfair, wrong.

Honestly you are so close to being blocked, you’re one of the worst homers I have ever come by. You’re making me dislike the Oilers.

Let’s put it this way with disrespect just like you do it, your style. PoolParty who you think is worth so much in other threads couldn’t hold Lehkonen’s jock strap in the NHL. He’s hot garbage when compared to a solid 2 way player like Lehkonen.

Go ahead and block me then. I don’t care.

Puljujarvi is 20, that’s the difference. Lekhonen IS the + to a better piece to get a young top four defenceman like Nurse.

You are forever wanting to put together mediocre packages to get better players. Nobody is giving up a 23 year old top four defenceman for Lekhonen and spare junk.

There’s nothing disrespectful about offering a 2nd for Lekhonen. If you don’t want to trade him, don’t trade him, but I’m not going to insult you by offering a third liner, an AHLer, and our sixth best prospect in a quantity offer like you are with Nurse.

Glad to see that you agree with my opinion on Hudon tho.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Go ahead and block me then. I don’t care.

Puljujarvi is 20, that’s the difference. Lekhonen IS the + to a better piece to get a young top four defenceman like Nurse.

You are forever wanting to put together mediocre packages to get better players. Nobody is giving up a 23 year old top four defenceman for Lekhonen and spare junk.
You’re posting style is junk. Keep Nurse, I hope he becomes great for you guys.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

This is the most sensible post I think I’ve ever seen from you!

Kessel would fit like a glove here and id love to get him but I don’t know if we’ve got the pieces and I know we don’t have the cap space.

Reactions: Holymakinaw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad