Value of: Darnell Nurse for u24 Top 6 Winger or Top 4D

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I am not sure why Edmonton would be trading Nurse...they need to add to their NHL level depth not subtract or make lateral moves. There is no quick fix for it unless they decide to really be idiots and try reshaping the franchise by trading McDavid...well they do have a GM who has a certain rep for trading former high draft picks so...:sarcasm:.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What on Earth happened to Heinen? The world’s worst sophomore slump?

Guy’s on pace for like 17 points...

From the Bruins board it seems he overachieved last year. It’s hard to gauge what he is. They also say they have no spot for him.

I’d love to roll the dice on Heinen and Donato but not at Nurse’s expense

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I am not sure why Edmonton would be trading Nurse...they need to add to their NHL level depth not subtract or make lateral moves. There is no quick fix for it unless they decide to really be idiots and try reshaping the franchise by trading McDavid...well they do have a GM who has a certain rep for trading former high draft picks so...:sarcasm:.
The reasons:
Klefbom has outproduced Nurse. Gravel has looked decent, Sekera will eventually return, Caleb Jones is looking NHL ready, Russell has been surpesurpris consistent and Bouchard will be on the team next year.
Oilers need a more offense.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Toffoli for Nurse + Wideman (for cap reasons)?

Toffoli only has one year after this then he's a UFA, so maybe a conditional 2nd if he doesn't re-sign with us. I believe the cap is going up like 4m next season, and likely more after when he's scheduled to become a UFA. I really think we could resign him at like 6.5-7m per or something and make it work within our our cap, and we need a scoring winger like him. Not sure of the Kings' situation on D in terms of younger guys and prospects coming up, though.

But I love me some Toffoli and think he'd be a great fit on either the 1st or 2nd line, so maybe I'm selling Nurse a bit short on this one.

Maybe a bigger deal like Toffoli + Martinez for Nurse and an Oiler forward prospect of the Avs choice (on the condition that Toffoli will re-sign with us for at least another 3 seasons after his deal is up). Oilers would have to include someone like Kassian and Kings retain some salary on Martinez for the cap to work, so it's probably a crazy idea.

I dunno, just throwing it out there. Put the flame throwers down.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Toffoli for Nurse + Wideman (for cap reasons)?

Toffoli only has one year after this then he's a UFA, so maybe a conditional 2nd if he doesn't re-sign with us. I believe the cap is going up like 4m next season, and likely more after when he's scheduled to become a UFA. I really think we could resign him at like 6.5-7m per or something and make it work within our our cap, and we need a scoring winger like him. Not sure of the Kings' situation on D in terms of younger guys and prospects coming up, though.

But I love me some Toffoli and think he'd be a great fit on either the 1st or 2nd line, so maybe I'm selling Nurse a bit short on this one.

Maybe a bigger deal like Toffoli + Martinez for Nurse and an Oiler forward prospect of the Avs choice (on the condition that Toffoli will re-sign with us for at least another 3 seasons after his deal is up). Oilers would have to include someone like Kassian and Kings retain some salary on Martinez for the cap to work, so it's probably a crazy idea.

I dunno, just throwing it out there. Put the flame throwers down.
I wouldn't touch that

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
It's no secret that the Oilers can't score, we badly need more players that can put the puck in the net. Or to upgrade the D. Nurse has struggled so far this year, and we think Caleb Jones could take his spot and excel next season. Klefbom playing beastly hockey also allows us to explore the market and see what's out there. (We don't need to trade Nurse or particularly want to, this is just to test the market on him and what we could get as a potential return.) Make your offers for Nurse below. (Not interested at all in smaller pieces, don't even bother assembling ****ty packages.)

Examples of moves we should be looking at:

Nurse + pick for Ehlers

Nurse ++ for Petro

Nurse + Pulju + pick for u27 Top 6 Winger + u27 Dman

Who is "we"?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Gross. Zaitsev sucks. Kap's value is inflated playing on an offensive minded Leafs team. And Brown is Toronto's whipping boy for any reason Matthews doesn't produce.
Firstly; i agree Edmonton pssses, but now a question, us Draisaitl less valuable because he plays with McDavid? Your comment on Kapanen is ridiculous. Offensive minded? Yes Kap is a fast sxoring forward, but he has a good 2 way game and produces on whatever line he's been on. He has the speed to keep up with McDavid and would allow your offense to be spread out a bit..which i believe is the premise of the thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad