Proposal: Darnell Nurse for Jacob Trouba straight up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Those aren't exactly equal defensive results, but okay.

This is hilarious. On one hand I've get this Jets Homer telling me that Trouba is a defensive juggernaut, and lolmiller1 trying to tell me that he isn't a defensive d-man but an elite puck rusher. The evidence supports neither. Not to say he is a bad player, just not as accomplished as some here are trying to claim.

Maybe, just maybe, Trouba's value among Jets fans is based more on pure potential and rookie year hype than actual performance. And there's nothing wrong with that, its exactly why we value Nurse (Nurse being less proven). But don't pee on my shoe and tell me its raining.

What are you even talking about dude, why do you keep moving the goalposts and changing your argument? I never said Trouba was a defensive juggernaut and I never said Qualcomp or QOT were defensive metics. Trouba is equal or better than Larsson on actual defensive metrics, like Corsi (both overall and relative to teammates) while playing similar minutes with worse teammates.

I never claimed Trouba was some defensive God. Just that he is better than Larsson overall (equal to him defensively and better offensively while being younger)

Why do you think Larsson is better than Trouba?

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Considering that Larsson succeeded as a shut down defenseman against the oppositions top line nightly and Trouba didn't have to play that role and didn't exactly show any reason to think he could, I would suggest that you are very wrong.

But...he did. He played on the top pair for a good chunk of the season (on his off side I might add). Outside of that he was playing with Mark Stuart. He might as well of been playing with a tumor for all the good it did.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
umm Nurse is a Dman as well and by your logic also holds high value.
"thus far" = the time he was thrown into NHL when he should have been in AHL?

Nurse at the very minimum will be a "Legit top 4 Dman" when the Oilers would be ready to contend.

A legit top four dman that is <<<<Trouba.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Why are these threads still going... Jets fans show no interest whatsoever in trading Trouba for anything that ever gets offered, and Oilers fans strongly prefer a puck mover who can run their offense, which isn't exactly Trouba's game. Yet we still get over 200 posts of flaming and arguing over things which don't serve the original purpose of this thread. Rinse and repeat.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
A legit top four dman that is <<<<Trouba.

sure.. that Nurse IS less than Trouba..
No one can say for certain what he WILL BE in a couple yrs.

I am guessing bigger, meaner, faster, cheaper, younger but with not as much offense.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Why don't the Jets just sign the guy so we can all move on from this?

I doubt the Oilers are interested in paying the Jets a fair value in assets to get Trouba AND pay Trouba whatever he wants in contract demands.

One or the other, I doubt both.

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location
Why are these threads still going... Jets fans show no interest whatsoever in trading Trouba for anything that ever gets offered, and Oilers fans strongly prefer a puck mover who can run their offense, which isn't exactly Trouba's game. Yet we still get over 200 posts of flaming and arguing over things which don't serve the original purpose of this thread. Rinse and repeat.

To be fair, its July 15th. What else do we have to do at this time of year? Other than , you know, go outside. :sarcasm:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Some Oilers fans not wanting Trouba who is a young right shooting defenseman with nice size that plays over 22 min a game :shakehead

Kinda like how everyone on HF mocked them for acquiring a young RHD who is even better than Trouba.

I'd take Trouba, great young player. Just not going to pay the massive overpay in a trade and salary that Jets fans think it would cost. He hasn't proven to be anything more than a middle pairing guy, yet.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Kinda like how everyone on HF mocked them for acquiring a young RHD who is even better than Trouba.

I'd take Trouba, great young player. Just not going to pay the massive overpay in a trade and salary that Jets fans think it would cost. He hasn't proven to be anything more than a middle pairing guy, yet.

Trouba is better than Larsson

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Trouba is better than Larsson

oh brother, now you've done it!!!haha jk

strange thread keeps going and going and going... very energizer bunny-like

one thing I really wish is if we knew what the Trouba camp is demanding for a contract.. id be VERY curious

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I don't see the big deal with Nurse.

He looked lost out there last season.

Considering the defensive prospects from the 2013 draft, if they did a redraft he would drop to around 15.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I don't see the big deal with Nurse.

He looked lost out there last season.

Considering the defensive prospects from the 2013 draft, if they did a redraft he would drop to around 15.

He's a good prospect but IMO he should have been in AHL all year.. but unfortunately Oilers were in need of him to be up with the team majority of year. Gonna be a good player

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

I love how two weeks ago...no one would have made this statement. But now...since he plays for the oilers...now he's amazing. Because...Oilers.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Nurse at the very minimum will be a "Legit top 4 Dman" when the Oilers would be ready to contend.

Luca Sbisa I am sure was thought to be a legit top 4 defenseman at the very minimum things don't always go the way expected it is possible Darnell Nurse will become that or he might not.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Even if the scenarios played out as fantasized... "the Jets can't afford Trouba" ... "he doesn't want to play there"...

In what world do you think the Jets couldn't get a better offer than Nurse straight up????????????
There's 28 other teams in the league this year that would likely consider beating that low ball offer.

Close this thread!!!

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Even if the scenarios played out as fantasized... "the Jets can't afford Trouba" ... "he doesn't want to play there"...

In what world do you think the Jets couldn't get a better offer than Nurse straight up????????????
There's 28 other teams in the league this year that would likely consider beating that low ball offer.

Close this thread!!!

Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad