Darling

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Consistently mediocre.
And that's more than enough behind this defense. Just be average and everything else will take care of itself.

The problem is that Darling is consistently straight garbage. Pretty much a 75% chance of a loss in any of his starts, and a 95% chance of seeing at least one WTF softie. I mean, if Darling was the goalie we brought him in to be, we're likely in the mix for top of the Metro, and instead we're fighting tooth and nail for the last playoff spot.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I'm kind of discouraged by that actually. I don't know what the troll said but if I were darlings coach I would strongly advise him to stay off social media and focus on his physical and emotional health. Nothing productive is going to come from arguing with some jackass on twitter- certainly not an improvement of sv%, rebound control, lateral movement, etc. I don't want to armchair psychoanalyze but he sure seems to be having confidence issues, and twitter feuds are not the actions of confident people

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
That was very unprofessional of him. After seeing this I am more leaning towards shipping him out of here.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, I don't know what the original tweet was as the person removed his whole acco after the incident. It's kind of hard to ignore one's own Twitter if one has one. It's not like the person tweeting directly at you is some nameless assclown on some internet forum you should and can easily ignore.

Plus, everyone should be allowed to fight on the internet in an Olympic year.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I get I watched one game. But if you are blaming the goalie when the defense is culpable for one game maybe he isn't to blame as much as I think. Not saying he has been great but I don't think he is as bad as people make him out to be.
I have analyzed lots of the goals this year. Not just this game. And many the defense were to blame. But like I said people tend to blame goalies instead of looking at why the defense was out of position or left a guy wide open

It's more likely you are looking at a limited data set and trying to draw a conclusion erroneously. You watched 1 game and it was a clunker, which all teams have, and watched a few highlights. In 05/06 I got tickets for a friend, who was in town, to see the Canes play as I was telling him how good they were that year. The Canes were playing the Thrashers that night and I had center ice tickets. Canes got blown out that game and my buddy told me that the Canes sucked.

Point being, is that even really good teams have shitty games throughout a season. Canes this year aren't a "really good" team, they are an average team that is young so they will have some clunkers. Drawing conclusions based off of 1 or 2 games is absurd. As Sheriff Bart put it, nobody thinks our team defense is perfect night in and night out, but you only need to watch Darling to know that he is struggling, and struggling badly.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Well, I don't know what the original tweet was as the person removed his whole acco after the incident. It's kind of hard to ignore one's own Twitter if one has one. It's not like the person tweeting directly at you is some nameless assclown on some internet forum you should and can easily ignore.

Plus, everyone should be allowed to fight on the internet in an Olympic year.

if it is the tweet i am thinking of, he said darling obviously sucks because he has started drinking again and the team should ship him out because he is a bad influence on his teammates or something

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I’m totally fine with him tweeting that and a little surprised any of us would clown him. He earned it. He also earned the contract. We weren’t the only ones after him. We’re half a season in, there’s time to make it better. Even if he doesn’t turn it around he can defend himself all he wants to the freaks out there.

In fairness, only BD58 clowned him for that tweet, no shocker there.

The rest of us are complaining about his on ice play, which is a legitimate complaint, especially for the contract he has.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
That was very unprofessional of him. After seeing this I am more leaning towards shipping him out of here.
IMG_3965.jpg

This is what he was responding to. A completely incentive Ahoele post. I'm completely fine with Darling's response.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
View attachment 91885

This is what he was responding to. A completely incentive Ahoele post. I'm completely fine with Darling's response.

Ok first off, I had no idea that this was the post so I understand why he responded now. I guess I didn't know the whole story but he still shouldn't have responded. He is a pro athlete and needs to control his emotions.

Second off and most importantly. I busted out laughing upon reading that post and everyone stared at me like I was a moron. Very insensitive though. I wouldn't even go that low. Things are way worse in Montreal you know. Those fans are brutal.

Last edited:

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
Darling isn't as good as many thought a few months ago and he's not as bad as many think now...he's somewhere close to the middle of those two perceived values.

It's funny to see people think Raanta or Dell are now the answer...using the same process they used a year ago when they wanted Darling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad