Dark Side of the Ring - Viceland show

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
He had some words about it (people's perceived racism of him) in his book but the comments probably wouldn't pass the censor here. He used the Finnish version of the n-word freely, since it was commonly used here even in the 80's and carried no racist tone. See the title of that Agatha Christie book, which we read in school and did a report on it. Things changed after that but Halme's language didn't.
He literally was a regular at a skinhead clubs, had a SS tattoo, his ” youth gang” in Kannelmäki was a gang of skinheads. Literally 80% of time he talked about having a physical altercation it was with immigrants.

In the same book where he denied being a racist Halme claimed he was totally sober when he was a bodyguard for Gene Simmons of Kiss, despite him already having drug charges at the time.

Only reason Halme said he wasn’t a racist because he got no sponsorships after returning to Finland, and he was abusing drugs so he was broke and needed to get a better rep.

He literally claimed Wrestling got him in to drugs, and then said afterwards in the same book that after his wrestling career he was ”Healthy, young and muscular sober guy bodyguarding for 50 year old addicts”

How you would believe anything he said over actual known facts is pretty much puzzling.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He literally was a regular at a skinhead clubs, had a SS tattoo, his ” youth gang” in Kannelmäki was a gang of skinheads. Literally 80% of time he talked about having a physical altercation it was with immigrants.

In the same book where he denied being a racist Halme claimed he was totally sober when he was a bodyguard for Gene Simmons of Kiss, despite him already having drug charges at the time.

Only reason Halme said he wasn’t a racist because he got no sponsorships after returning to Finland, and he was abusing drugs so he was broke and needed to get a better rep.

He literally claimed Wrestling got him in to drugs, and then said afterwards in the same book that after his wrestling career he was ”Healthy, young and muscular sober guy bodyguarding for 50 year old addicts”

How you would believe anything he said over actual known facts is pretty much puzzling.

I view him as another Matti Nykänen. Not a bad guy, in his later years, but did and said some very problematic things. What Timo Soini said about him was a good description.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I view him as another Matti Nykänen. Not a bad guy, in his later years, but did and said some very problematic things. What Timo Soini said about him was a good description.
Nykänen wasn’t a racist, and he was more honest in his interviews than Halme ever was in anything, and Nykänen also was one of the greateat athletes in all of Winter sports, Halme was a loudmouth who got beat up everywhere he went. Hardly comparable.

Halme couldn’t get himself to tell the truth even if his life depended on it, is he a enteraining figure? Yes, absolutely.
Was he trustworthy source in anything? Absolutely not.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Nykänen wasn’t a racist, and he was more honest in his interviews than Halme ever was in anything, and Nykänen also was one of the greateat athletes in all of Winter sports, Halme was a loudmouth who got beat up everywhere he went. Hardly comparable.

Halme couldn’t get himself to tell the truth even if his life depended on it, is he a enteraining figure? Yes, absolutely.
Was he trustworthy source in anything? Absolutely not.

Nykänen was also a convicted wifebeater.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Nykänen was also a convicted wifebeater.
And Halme was a wifebeater that wasn’t convicted, was convicted for multiple other crimes tho. He for example had threaten his wife with a pistol and a axe, as well as laid his hands on him.

Nykänen wasn’t a great person, but he was top level athlete. Halme wasn’t either a great person nor a top level athlete. Pathological liar is what he was, and that’s not comparable with Nykänen at all.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I caught the Brian Pillman episode after Dynamite on Wednesday.

That segment they did with Pillman's wife after his passing must be a Top 5 all-time worst WWE segment. It was uncomfortable watching it now 25 years later, let alone when it happened. Just to pop a rating. Awful and shameful.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I caught the Brian Pillman episode after Dynamite on Wednesday.

That segment they did with Pillman's wife after his passing must be a Top 5 all-time worst WWE segment. It was uncomfortable watching it now 25 years later, let alone when it happened. Just to pop a rating. Awful and shameful.
I came here hoping someone had brought this particular interview up because I wanted to commend Melanie Pillman for how well she did in that f***ed up scenario.

Reactions: BruinDust

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Watching this, i just want/have to remind you all that Nick Gage is a full-blown clown, sorry example of a humanbeing.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
So was New Jack but yet some people here seem to admire him.
I knew this comparison was coming since they’re equally as f*cked up. The difference between them is that New Jack actually draw and had charisma and promo skills, Gage promos equaled yelling as many curse words he knew and threatening to kill the opponent on some poor dude’s backyard, heel or face.

Neither of them knew how to wrestle for shit

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
New Jack at least knew how to cut a promo. Both pathetic individuals, but at least NJ had that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad