Recalled/Assigned: Darcy Kuemperpedic Mattress (Currently beasting the NHL)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
44 save SO? Damn! Nice at any pro level. That and everything else I've heard makes it sound like he's back on track. If he plays, I wish him the best.

Billy Mays Here*

Gustafsson gets called up for one game then gets sent back down? Great, now watch Kuemper actually get some ice time and completely suck. Wanted to see Johan play.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Gustafsson gets called up for one game then gets sent back down? Great, now watch Kuemper actually get some ice time and completely suck. Wanted to see Johan play.

Russo said that this was the plan all along. Gus was only going to play if there was some type of emergency. Kuemper is getting all the actual playing time over the next few days. He'll play tomorrow + maybe later this week.

EDIT: Eh, I was close:
Johan Gustafsson is expected to be reassigned and Darcy Kuemper recalled to back up Niklas Backstrom against the Rangers and potentially start Monday in Philadelphia.

Last edited:

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

You should read russo full blog. Where he says Gustafsson is not ready. Scouts said and Russo thinks it by watching practice. It was 1/2 games. Wear he was not playing a lot. It looks like he is winning games for Iowa. I love how people judge over a small sample size.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
You should read russo full blog. Where he says Gustafsson is not ready. Scouts said and Russo thinks it by watching practice. It was 1/2 games. Wear he was not playing a lot. It looks like he is winning games for Iowa. I love how people judge over a small sample size.

Seen him tons of times playing in Sweden. A very solid goaltender. Put up Lundqvist numbers his last year.. Can handle the puck..

Played solid for the Sweedish nationalteam aswell..

He is good..

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Seen him tons of times playing in Sweden. A very solid goaltender. Put up Lundqvist numbers his last year.. Can handle the puck..

Played solid for the Sweedish nationalteam aswell..

He is good..

I really wanted to see what he could do, too. But, I would like to see what Kuemper can do with the confidence after earning a 44 save SO.

Overall, he reminds me a lot of Lundqvist for some reason.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
****. Typical. :cry: Let's keep our fingers crossed it's just a bug.

Billy Mays Here*

If there's one goalie that gives Buffalo a chance to win, it's Kuemper. I would assume Backstrom is starting though.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
GREAT game by Darcy last night! Hopefully this will quiet the nay-sayers who said he was a bust. Goalies take time and he is still vary young, but has all the tools to be a good one.

Ah, so you're pretty sure he'll be a 'good one' but Dumba won't be? The basis for this evaluation is pretty suspect.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Ah, so you're pretty sure he'll be a 'good one' but Dumba won't be? The basis for this evaluation is pretty suspect.

I've watched enough of Dumba play, to evaluate him. And it is my firm opinion that he does not have the tools to be a stud in the NHL, and in fact will be a defensive liability.

I played defense and coached defense. So that is the one position that I focus on.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I've watched enough of Dumba play, to evaluate him. And it is my firm opinion that he does not have the tools to be a stud in the NHL, and in fact will be a defensive liability.

I played defense and coached defense. So that is the one position that I focus on.

You really nailed Brodin too-

Can't believe we didn't trade down

I would have rather taken Duncan Siemens instead of this wimp from Sweden.

I've always been a Fletcher supporter. Starting to change my opinion now.

So freaking disappointed. WOW, waiting all these months for this incredible letdown.

instead add our 34th D-man to the Aeros roster. WTF!?

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy

I play goalie and coach goalies. So we are even then.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
You really nailed Brodin too-

As I have said already, I was upset by the Brodin pick, because at the time everyone was clamoring (myself included) for a offensive scoring forward, or a physical mean D-man to clear out the slot.

Everything I could find about Brodin at the time was that he was Not physical, and he was listed at about 175 pounds then, PLUS he was a not a scoring forward.

That is why I was upset with the pick.

But from the first time I saw Brodin skate with the Wild in training camp/rookie camp, I felt the guy was destined for the NHL. I have NEVER felt that way for Dumba, and after watching him in training camps LY/TY and skating with the Wild this year, plus watching Red Deer footage, I am beyond "not impressed" and have moved on to "worried greatly" about the positive impact he can have for the Wild.

But continue to "cherry pick" my quotes. I notice you haven't mentioned my posts from this summer, when I warned that the signing of Ballard was not a big savior moment for the Defense, as he really wasn't that good. Sure doesn't look like I was wrong on that one was I?

Bottom line, it's my opinion, as everyone of us on this website is just playing armchair GM anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad