Recalled/Assigned: Darcy Kuemperpedic Mattress (Currently beasting the NHL)

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
As I have said already, I was upset by the Brodin pick, because at the time everyone was clamoring (myself included) for a offensive scoring forward, or a physical mean D-man to clear out the slot.

Everything I could find about Brodin at the time was that he was Not physical, and he was listed at about 175 pounds then, PLUS he was a not a scoring forward.

That is why I was upset with the pick.

But from the first time I saw Brodin skate with the Wild in training camp/rookie camp, I felt the guy was destined for the NHL. I have NEVER felt that way for Dumba, and after watching him in training camps LY/TY and skating with the Wild this year, plus watching Red Deer footage, I am beyond "not impressed" and have moved on to "worried greatly" about the positive impact he can have for the Wild.

But continue to "cherry pick" my quotes. I notice you haven't mentioned my posts from this summer, when I warned that the signing of Ballard was not a big savior moment for the Defense, as he really wasn't that good. Sure doesn't look like I was wrong on that one was I?

Bottom line, it's my opinion, as everyone of us on this website is just playing armchair GM anyways.

Let that be a lesson to you that brash opinions based on ignorance will come back to bite you.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Kuemper has been nothing short of fantastic on this second stint. He's a big goalie, but is moving very well and seeing the puck. Looks so calm and poised. Like a different person.

I'm impressed.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Kuemper is a big reason we've won so much lately. Incredible how much better he is now than during his first stint early in the season.

Big, calm, good reflexes. Keep it up, Darcy.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
I'm just happy we included Hackett instead of Kuemper in the Pommer trade last year. Hackett has been mediocre playing in the AHL.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I'm just happy we included Hackett instead of Kuemper in the Pommer trade last year. Hackett has been mediocre playing in the AHL.

Kuemper and Granlund or Hacker and Larsson.. Im glad that Kuemper and Granlund dodge the bullet.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
off season doubter--didn't want to see us start a Harding - Kuemper tandem because of the inherent risks. but damn.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Trade or regular buyout are the only options I can think of for eliminating or reducing cap

The buyout is what I was referring to for his cap being around for an extended period. Rather not if it could be avoided.

Trade... what sucker team would take him at this point with that contract?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Problem is... how do we get rid of Backstrom without him sitting on the cap for another 5-6 years?

still can't bank of Hards getting the meds nailed down because there is no certainty with his illness, so it's not like we won't have to pick up someone anyway.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The buyout is what I was referring to for his cap being around for an extended period. Rather not if it could be avoided.

Trade... what sucker team would take him at this point with that contract?

Islanders? :naughty:

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Problem is... how do we get rid of Backstrom without him sitting on the cap for another 5-6 years?

Strand him on a deserted island.
castaway.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->