Confirmed with Link: Danton Heinen Traded For Nick Ritchie

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure why folks don't like this move. Ritchie brings an element this forward group is missing. He's young, under contract/RFA when it expires. He's 6th among Anaheim forwards in ATOI and on pace for nearly 40 points on a lousy team. He can play on your 2nd, 3rd or 4th line LW and not look out of place. His hits-per-game are down from when he broke in but he's still a physical forward for a team that needed a player like this.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I been on record we got the wrong Ritchie

the Ritchies are like the Hayes Brothers. One has legit NHL talent the other a AAA player

He’s an underachiever with plus talent who likely went to the right coach and team

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I been on record we got the wrong Ritchie

the Ritchies are like the Hayes Brothers. One has legit NHL talent the other a AAA player

He’s an underachiever with plus talent who likely went to the right coach and team

Reactions: Kaoz

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Some much needed size. Wasn’t expecting that, hopefully he works out better than the other Ritchie.

I think Heinen’s ceiling is going to be higher than this but I like where Don’s head is at.

Don’t make it your last of the day Donny!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Some people got their with but we aren’t any better offensively,

Will like it a lot more if they address the top6,
adds size and money

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I liked Heinen so this is a bummer. Moving him made sense in that he was never gonna play LW here. I could definitely see him getting some confidence and putting up some points with Anahiem.

I hope this Ritchie is good.

Reactions: BMC

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
as long as Heinen doesn't suddenly turn into a 50 point guy and the Bruins don't give Ritchie an awful contract extension then this shouldn't be Reilly Smith for Jimmy Hayes 2.0

Reactions: Estlin

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
as long as Heinen doesn't suddenly turn into a 50 point guy and the Bruins don't give Ritchie an awful contract extension then this shouldn't be Reilly Smith for Jimmy Hayes 2.0

Deuce17

Mar 2, 2019
Suffield, CT
Bow down to your new lord Don Sweeney. Probably the best Bruins trade since Neely/Wesley for Barry Pederson. Earns another GM of the Year today.

I respect the lack of hedging out of you Fenian. With essentially 5 LWs now is the writing on the wall that Bjork is possibly being shipped out soon here?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I think Heinen was doomed after the game in Vancouver. He was a -4. I think the FO wasn’t to happy with that effort.

Reactions: sarge88

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Good stuff. Most of Ritchie's bed rep comes from top 10 pick expectations.

All he has to do is throw down a sizeable hit on his Garden debut and he will be adored.

Interesting to hear that he has chemistry with Kase also. Good work Sweenz.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
March/Bergie/Pasta
Rich/Krech/Kase
Debrusk/Coyle/Bjork
Mix and match 4th

better forward group than a week ago and all told cost a junior player. Lots of depth on the bottom and we wont need to see Kuhlman in the top 6 anymore.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We got the right brother for once!

An upgrade on Kuhlman in the top 9 and a million bucks less in salary.

A positive move like the Kase move. Not "the answer" we have been looking for, but the Bruins are clearly better in the middle 6 than a week ago.

Still hoping for one more move...

Atleast Kase& Ritchie fit age& controll wise real nicely, and easily prefer him to Simmonds.

But still need to land someone better or this is failure

Reactions: sarge88

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
March/Bergie/Pasta
Rich/Krech/Kase
Debrusk/Coyle/Bjork
Mix and match 4th

better forward group than a week ago and all told cost a junior player. Lots of depth on the bottom and we wont need to see Kuhlman in the top 6 anymore.
Still think we need more. A legitimate scoring threat for that 2nd line. Palmeiri.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad