Recalled/Assigned: Danny Taylor

stlflamesfan

Nov 23, 2010
I read that it is because Kipper's wife is having a baby. He is probably taking time off to be with her during the birth of his kid.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Kipper's s/o just had their second child so he didn't make the trip. No injuries to be concerned about.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
This might be a good thing before the trade deadline. If this team loses games with Taylor in the crease, then at least the club would know for sure if they're buying or selling

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Kipper's s/o just had their second child so he didn't make the trip. No injuries to be concerned about.

I was more curious than concerned - trade deadline and everything.

I suppose spouse having a child is an acceptable absence. :D

BTW - with Kipper out of the way for a brief spell it would be a good time to tank. Maybe they should have brought up a kid from Utah.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
We're buyers! We're always buyers!!!! No matter what... :cry: Realistically what if were 4pts out of the playoffs at the deadline are we still going to be buyers?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
We're buyers! We're always buyers!!!! No matter what... :cry: Realistically what if were 4pts out of the playoffs at the deadline are we still going to be buyers?

Yep - because for some twisted reason the owners enjoy wallowing and languishing where the team currently sits.

If I were the owners I think I'd tell Kipper he was entitled to 6 months parental leave and send him home with a fruit basket, cigars or something.

Then I'd call up a kid from Utah instead of Taylor.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Ok I over reacted I just hate how it seems some want an Edmonton style rebuild.

I don't think anybody would advocate for a 5-8 year rebuild like the Oilers. In saying that, if there ever was a year for the Flames to sell of their pieces and quickly accelerate the rebuilding process then this is the one to do it. Not everything has to be so black and white on this site, Calgary can without a doubt rebuild without going down the road of our neighbors to the north.

Shortened season? check
Ability to retain salary in a trade? check
Ageing yet still productive core pieces? check
Strong draft class from all accounts? check

These are opportunities that the Oilers did not have for the most part.

I can't help but to think that Calgary would be missing a HUGE opportunity here if they were to remain status quo at the deadline this season. We have stagnated as an organization and changes are needed. If 3-5 losses is what it takes to get management and ownership to realize this then I could get on board with that.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Can't believe people want this team to lose. We're 4 points out of 8th and 6 points out of 3rd. I can't get over how dumb our fan base is.

Realistically, we can afford to trade Iggy still. He has not been a determining factor of us winning games.

If u want us lose then cheer for the oil.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Can't believe people want this team to lose. We're 4 points out of 8th and 6 points out of 3rd. I can't get over how dumb our fan base is.

Realistically, we can afford to trade Iggy still. He has not been a determining factor of us winning games.

If u want us lose then cheer for the oil.

And 6 points out of dead last in the NHL.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I don't think anybody would advocate for a 5-8 year rebuild like the Oilers. In saying that, if there ever was a year for the Flames to sell of their pieces and quickly accelerate the rebuilding process then this is the one to do it. Not everything has to be so black and white on this site, Calgary can without a doubt rebuild without going down the road of our neighbors to the north.

Shortened season? check

I can't help but to think that Calgary would be missing a HUGE opportunity here if they were to remain status quo at the deadline this season. We have stagnated as an organization and changes are needed. If 3-5 losses is what it takes to get management and ownership to realize this then I could get on board with that.
Basically this. At the end of the day what matters is winning the Cup. If it's for the sake of achieving that goal just about anything will go. A few losses right now is nothing compared to watching this team go nowhere once again for another full season next year. :shakehead

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Shortened season? check

This is pretty much how I feel about our situation.

Of course I want the team to win when I watch them, but if I remove myself emotionally from the situation the best course of action becomes very obvious.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Very true, we are currently 9th in the west in ppg and that is where I imagine we end up.

Most likely yes, but there could be some significant deviation if the team trades Iginla or other roster players at the deadline.

Personally, the only rational move is to sell at the deadline, regardless of how many points the team is from a playoff spot. They organization has to take a step back in order to take a couple of step forwards.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Most likely yes, but there could be some significant deviation if the team trades Iginla or other roster players at the deadline.

Personally, the only rational move is to sell at the deadline, regardless of how many points the team is from a playoff spot. They organization has to take a step back in order to take a couple of step forwards.

For argument sake what do you do if we are 2 points up on 8th?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad