Recalled/Assigned: Danny Taylor

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
If we are rebuilding, please keep Stajan and Comeau. Those guys actually try game in and out.

Also, congrats to Kipper and his wife!

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
If we are rebuilding, please keep Stajan and Comeau. Those guys actually try game in and out.

Also, congrats to Kipper and his wife!
I wouldn't at all mind keeping Comeau as a 3rd line winger and depth player. He is pretty good at what he does. It's just that some need to accept that he doesn't do scoring. Obviously he should never have to be used as a #2C.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
So you advocate tanking?

Yes, this would be a good season to tank and go for the higher pick. Which is why I don't disagree with bringing Taylor up and giving he and MacDonald playing time in Kipper's absence. Again, it would be a good time to give Kipper all the time he needs to be with his family - even if it's longer than he really wants or needs.

What's the alternative? Do fans want to keep languishing at 8th and 9th and not go anywhere? Do fans want the ownership and management to throw future assets away on a misguided effort to win now?

Why not tank this year and grab a good pick to start a rebuild?

Last edited:

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Yes, this would be a good season to tank and go for the higher pick. Which is why I don't disagree with bringing Taylor up and giving he and MacDonald playing time in Kipper's absence. Again, it would be a good time to give Kipper all the time he needs to be with his family - even if it's longer than he really wants or needs.

What's the alternative? Do fans want to keep languishing at 8th and 9th and not go anywhere? Do fans want the ownership and management to throw future assets away on a misguided effort to win now?

Why not tank this year and grab a good pick to start a rebuild?

There's a fine line between rebuilding and purposely scratching your best players to finish lower in the standings. This is the NHL, there's no paternity leave for hockey players.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I meant paternity leave like actually 2 months not one day. I guess technically he can, but when you're in the NHL you won't

This is how the Flames are planning to lose the media hit for losing so many games in a row, they were just doing right by their franchise goalie, unfortunate timing is all they are gonna say lol.

TylerSVT*

There's a fine line between rebuilding and purposely scratching your best players to finish lower in the standings. This is the NHL, there's no paternity leave for hockey players.

Its not like Kipper has played out of his mind this season. He has been average at best.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
This is how the Flames are planning to lose the media hit for losing so many games in a row, they were just doing right by their franchise goalie, unfortunate timing is all they are gonna say lol.

Yup, with injuries and what not I wouldn't be surprised if they did use that as an excuse, but honestly I think they're smarter then that

Its not like Kipper has played out of his mind this season. He has been average at best.

Your missing my point, Im not talking about how good or bad Kipper's been playing im talking about scratching him so that the team can finish lower in the standings. I agree Kipper hasn't been Kipper but he still gives us the best chance to win out of all goalies (no offence to MacDonald as I think he's been playing very well for a backup).

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
So do Alberta's labour laws.

Dude could take parental leave for what... 8 months? if he chose.

Employment standards don't apply to a CBA. But human rights law might, as it would be discrimination to refuse to provide parental leave, similar to a layoff.

Actually, I'm not sure the CBA would say anything about it.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Employment standards don't apply to a CBA. But human rights law might, as it would be discrimination to refuse to provide parental leave, similar to a layoff.

Actually, I'm not sure the CBA would say anything about it.
probably not.

Worst thing that would happen is he gets suspended by the team for not reporting. I suppose he could theoretically collect ei during this period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad