Danny Kristo

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
resigned or re-signed?

Thanks for pointing this out, this causes so much confusion.

I propose that we start to use the French verb nouveaussédesignétté instead to get a bit of a seperation between "re-signed" vs "resigned".

Ie:

Has Kristo nouveaussédesignéttéd?

Slats should resign!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Well he's gotta get a chance at nhl time this yr or he likely leaves as a ufa . I don't think Thomas is going to do much so this was worth a shot , let's see how it goes

KreiMeARiver*

Well he's gotta get a chance at nhl time this yr or he likely leaves as a ufa . I don't think Thomas is going to do much so this was worth a shot , let's see how it goes

nah, they are both wastes...

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
If he hasn't put it together yet, he's likely not going to. There's still hope though.

Zuccarello Awesome*

He needs a chance. Jeremy Morin isn't a bust either, but he hasn't been able to crack the Hawks lineup because they had other guys ahead of him: strong depth does that sometimes. It's preferable to have that problem than the opposite issue though.

I'm hoping that Kristo and perhaps Haggerty give Stempniak some real competition for the third-line RW spot, either bumping Stemp down to the 4th line or the 13th forward if Lombardi sticks in that 4RW spot.

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Miller Kristo
Glass Moore Stempniak
Lombardi

or

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Miller Kristo/Haggerty
Glass Moore Lombardi
Stempniak

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He needs a chance. Jeremy Morin isn't a bust either, but he hasn't been able to crack the Hawks lineup because they had other guys ahead of him: strong depth does that sometimes. It's preferable to have that problem than the opposite issue though.

I'm hoping that Kristo and perhaps Haggerty give Stempniak some real competition for the third-line RW spot, either bumping Stemp down to the 4th line or the 13th forward if Lombardi sticks in that 4RW spot.

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Miller Kristo
Glass Moore Stempniak
Lombardi

or

Kreider Stepan St. Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello
Hagelin Miller Kristo/Haggerty
Glass Moore Lombardi
Stempniak

That extra fourth line spot is probably going to a special teams player like Lombardi. Kristo will need to be out Stempniak outright for a spot. Not likely but not impossible.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If he hasn't put it together yet, he's likely not going to. There's still hope though.

Eh, not sure I totally agree. Jim Schoenfeld just had an article where he said they have guys down in the AHL who won't be brought up unless they can play to their strengths. That means, for Kristo, being in an offensive situation with PP time. i think we see him this year.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Eh, not sure I totally agree. Jim Schoenfeld just had an article where he said they have guys down in the AHL who won't be brought up unless they can play to their strengths. That means, for Kristo, being in an offensive situation with PP time. i think we see him this year.

I agree. If Kristo has any liking to a good camp, he may well get a shot. He's very creative and can score sometimes without much help. With any luck, he could be what we need on our PP.

As far as his attitude, I saw an interview on YouTube (i think) apologizing for some of his indiscretions and has been working hard to be the player he can be. People change. Let's not bury him, just quite yet. Thomas was a pretty decent prospect, we didn't trade him for nothing.

AHB*

I assume you were saying the same about Hagelin and about 400 other players throughout NHL history, correct?

This line of thinking is really becoming ridiculous. People see these young guys make impacts at 19-20-21 and all of a sudden they're seeing busts at 22-23-24. It's just flat out lunacy.

Just because a guy isn't a regular NHL player by 23 or 24, doesn't mean his career will be a bust.

I'm not saying Kristo will be a great NHL player, or even a productive one, but to write him off based on his age is just completely absurd.

Personally, if a player hasn't put it together by 26-27 that's when I'd say he's done. Kristo is getting close, I'd say if he doesn't show flashes this year, he's edging towards bust, but I certainly wouldn't say he's a write off yet.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kristo needs to be dominant offensively and competent in defensive and neutral zones in the AHL this season. He needs to be a superior player at this level. If he's within a hair of the NHL by the end of the season, he's fine. If he's still a ways away and needs to take major steps forward after the upcoming season, he will run of of time when a prospect improves. He needs to make the NHL in the 2015 calendar year.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
Doesn't he need to play 80 games in the bigs for us to retain his rights?

If so, then the worst case scenario is that he has a lights out camp, makes the team as a 3rd line staple, misses three or more games for minor injuries and then becomes unrestricted at the ripe old age of 25.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Doesn't he need to play 80 games in the bigs for us to retain his rights?

If so, then the worst case scenario is that he has a lights out camp, makes the team as a 3rd line staple, misses three or more games for minor injuries and then becomes unrestricted at the ripe old age of 25.

Where did you hear this?

I don't think that's accurate at all.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
I got that from the CBA. However, since this will only be his second professional season, we will retain his rights regardless of the 80 games or not.

So yeah, nevermind.

Group 6 Free Agents
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or
more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a
Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games
, or (ii)
in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the
purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of
thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the
purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a
Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in
eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season
and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and
games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC),
and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such
Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular
Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff
games, and games played in any European professional league, while
under an SPC).

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I got that from the CBA. However, since this will only be his second professional season, we will retain his rights regardless of the 80 games or not.

So yeah, nevermind.

Group 6 Free Agents
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or
more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a
Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games
, or (ii)
in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the
purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of
thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the
purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a
Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in
eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season
and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and
games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC),
and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such
Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular
Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff
games, and games played in any European professional league, while
under an SPC).

No, you're right, this will be his 3rd season coming up. If he doesn't play 80 NHL games he will be a UFA. Probably the reason he just accepted his qualifying offer. No reason for him to take a deal longer then 1 year.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
No, you're right, this will be his 3rd season coming up. If he doesn't play 80 NHL games he will be a UFA. Probably the reason he just accepted his qualifying offer. No reason for him to take a deal longer then 1 year.

It will be his second professional season. Last year he was in the AHL - the year beforehand he was still in college.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad