Danny Briere Appreciation Thread

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I hope Buffalo brings him back. I have been waiting for this WOW!! why would the Flyers buy him out?

Wayyy to mucch money for his regressed play. Best of luck to him though. Age is catching up to him. Doesnt have much longer

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
nc0hh_medium.gif

Will miss him. A Warrior in the playoffs, and in spite of what a lot of people seem to think, for the most part I think he lived up to his contract for most of his time here. He was also a class act even when he was going through a hard time in his personal life. I also always thought he never really got the credit he deserved as far as being a locker room leader. Wasn't it him that chewed out the team after the first period of game 6 against the Sabres? Or was it game 5?

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
nc0hh_medium.gif

Will miss him. A Warrior in the playoffs, and in spite of what a lot of people seem to think, for the most part I think he lived up to his contract for most of his time here. He was also a class act even when he was going through a hard time in his personal life. I also always thought he never really got the credit he deserved as far as being a locker room leader. Wasn't it him that chewed out the team after the first period of game 6 against the Sabres? Or was it game 5?

:laugh: I forgot about that. Really gonna miss Briere.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
@DarrenDreger
15 teams or more believed to have interest in Briere once he becomes a buyout UFA. Briere will want a 1-2 year deal. #TSN

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
The only (realistic) place I could stomach seeing Briere would be here in Washington. Hopefully GMGM will have interest.

EDIT: Then back home to Philly afterwards.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Prediction: Briere has not played his last game as a Flyer.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Gagne 2.0 Signs new contract plays a season with new team becomes obsolete and underused on new team gets traded back to flyers cheap midway thru the season?

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Danny signed a massive contract but he was worth every penny so far: great offensive player, playoff hero, great locker room guy.

We all knew that this contract would turn ugly towards the end.
He'll be back with the organization sooner or later...

Yjn

Jun 20, 2013
Just an enormus loss...
Looking forward till he heads back to the organisation.

Can't stop watching tributes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

He needs to play second line center to be effective; he was terrible on the wing.

If Danny Briere is playing second line center for the Flyers in 2014-15 then something has gone horribly wrong.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meltzer's Musings: Briere

repost from the other Briere thread..this one is more appropriate

:handclap:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...riere/45/52229

Will never forget Danny Boy's performance in 2010 and I agree with Meltzer about the misfortunes of last year with injuries and him playing out of his more comfortable center position which he had to do a lot here. The only complementary players he ever had were Prospal and Leino and he did real well with the both of them. Overall, I'm glad the Flyers got him and he was productive in his time here. His stock is definitely waning but if it were not for the business side of this buyout, which makes sense, I would have liked to have kept him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad