Danny Briere Appreciation Thread

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I would just like to thank Danny Briere for all he has done during his tenure here in Philly.While his play has tailed off a bit recently, he has been money for the Flyers in the playoffs, when we needed him most.THANKS DANNY and best of luck in the future:handclap:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
i wish the powers of grayskull could make him a free agent, just so we could bring him back, at an affordable price.

I don't know about any of you but I will still wear my 48 jersey to games.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
i wish the powers of grayskull could make him a free agent, just so we could bring him back, at an affordable price.

I don't know about any of you but I will still wear my 48 jersey to games.

It's still ok to wear a jersey for a guy no longer on the team.... but Briere doesn't belong anywhere near this team anymore.

SchennSational1022*

Thank you Danny. The best playoff performer in any sport I have seen in the past decade. What a warrior this guy was for us.

Evergreen

In summer 2007, I was opposed to signing Danny Briere. Although I recognized his talent, I didn't like his diving or his soft play that I thought I saw from him in Buffalo, particularly in the 2006-07 playoffs. To be honest, I was hoping the Flyers would sign Gomez instead. Jeez...:facepalm: But Briere proved me wrong and became one of my favorite Flyers over the years, not just because of his play on the ice, but also because of his great character and personality. I realized that he was anything but a soft player. For a guy with his size, or lack thereof, he plays with the heart of a lion. He was an absolute joy to watch in the playoffs and carried us on several deep postseason runs. I will be sad to see Danny go, but I wish him luck wherever he ends up. He has handled himself with dignity and humility even during this difficult time. We should all be very lucky to have been able to have Danny on our team. His impact will continue to be felt on this team for years. He has been one of the biggest reasons that Claude Giroux has developed into our franchise player. We can't be grateful enough for everything Danny B. has done for us.

Best of luck to Danny in the remainder of his career! I hope he can manage to win the Cup before it's all over. He is truly one of the greatest playoff performers of our generation and deserves a Cup more than anyone.:handclap:

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Danny was one of my favorites, Le Hobbit I'll miss him and his beast mode in the playoffs, I wish he and his family nothing but the best and wouldn't be upset if the Flyers brought him back cheaper in a year or so

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I always enjoyed watching him work around the net. Even though he played above his size, he couldn't cut it in front. But he was about as good as it reasonably gets to the side.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So glad to watch him play in the orange and black. Was as clutch as it gets and a true playoff warrior. Almost led us to the promised land with his amazing play in 2010, and has been a class act since he got here. Thank you Danny and good luck in the future hopefully you come back and get to be a part of our organization again when you decide to hang em up.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Definitely appreciate a lot of his time here. A lot of great moments. Hate to retire my "Briere ain't Habbin' it" avatar. I always remember him staying late as hell signing autographs at the carnival. They were trying to shut off the lights and he was still there trying to get every last person a signature (and of course not caring when people took photos anyway).

SgtJoseph*

Nothing but great thoughts about Briere and his time here in Philadelphia. He had many clutch goals while here and played twice his size during the playoffs it seemed. It is obvious mother time and injuries have caught up with him, and it was tough reading post about how Briere sucks, blah blah blah nonsense during the past season by those with short memories. Mother time catches up with everybody, but Brieres great play over the years and his hands on community service to the Philadelphia area will never be forgotten by many.Wish him and his family nothing but the best !

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Nothing but great thoughts about Briere and his time here in Philadelphia. He had many clutch goals while here and played twice his size during the playoffs it seemed. It is obvious mother time and injuries have caught up with him, and it was tough reading post about how Briere sucks, blah blah blah nonsense during the past season by those with short memories. Mother time catches up with everybody, but Brieres great play over the years and his hands on community service to the Philadelphia area will never be forgotten by many.Wish him and his family nothing but the best !

There's nothing wrong with saying that Briere sucked last year while also acknowledging everything he did for this team. He was pretty hard to watch last season.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Guy was a monster in the playoffs, we'll miss ya Danny!
tumblr_m3f9lb8cnA1rsaq0to1_500.gif

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I didn't want Briere here, I didn't like his size, I didn't like his game, I didn't like his playing history...

I was so wrong, and it felt so good.

Danny Briere, more than any other player the Flyers have had in my 25 or so years of fandom, had taken my personal biases and turned them upside down.

Why did I begin to love his game? Because more than any other Flyer in recent memory, he flat out wanted the Cup.

Every year.

I am sad.

#48 will always hold a special place for me. He made me love a player I hated, and that has never happened before, and may never happen ever again.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
His absence in the locker room is going to be quite profound. The Flyers may have had no choice but to buy him out, but he is going to be really missed in there. If people thought Jagr's missing influence was huge, Briere's might just be colossal. Someone will have to step forth and be that leader - I'm looking at your Hartnell. He better show up at training camp in the best shape of his life this year.

Tape2Tape

Aug 18, 2010
I drafted Danny Briere in a 2006 playoff pool, having known little about him. I started loving him from that year onward and he's been one of my favourite players in the league since then.

I was thrilled to see Philly sign him and it's been amazing watching him as a Flyer for the last 7 seasons. As long as I live I'll never forget the 2010 playoff run, and how he was Mr. Playoffs.

All the best to Danny B! FIST PUMP!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad