Danny Briere announces his retirement; to be honored by Flyers vs. Buffalo, Oct. 27

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I'll always remember the 2010 run. Brière with his blackeye and fire in his eyes. He wanted to win so bad. He was the best player of the playoffs easily. Was robbed of a Conn Smythe. It's a shame that he never lifted the cup.

Good luck in your projects Brière!

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I think a lot of Giroux's work ethic, and success is largely in part of Danny taking him under his wing as a rookie..... that, and Jagr's time with us.

Gonna miss Danny. He was always my wife's favorite Flyer.

Definitely. Brière was a good mentor for Giroux. And he was a glue guy in the locker room, too. Remember when Laviolette said that we won game 6 in Buffalo because of a Brière speech in the room that got "even him pumped"?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
One of the best I've ever seen at elevating his game for the playoffs. Wish him the best, and he'll always be one of my favorites.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
After hearing this news and watching some old highlights, the difference between the 2010 playoffs team and last years team is night and day... so much more exciting to watch than the boring ass Berube hockey. Also amazing, but not surprising, how much of a difference having competent defenseman makes when it comes to offense.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I hope he coaches the Flyers or Phantoms in some capacity and takes in a player. Did wonders for Giroux and Couturier.

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
best of luck to Le Hobbit.
what a player he was when he was here and especially in the playoffs. When he was here there aren't many guys who I would of wanted on the ice over him when the Flyers needed a goal.

Its funny that that season of UFA the three marquee centers on the market were Briere, Gomez and Drury. I really wanted "mr. captain" drury (watched him allot in his days with the Avs).

20/20 hind site, Briere was the king pin of the litter. Great hockey player and an even better person. Through all the trials and tribulations of his marriage, he never let it poison himself or the team.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
After hearing this news and watching some old highlights, the difference between the 2010 playoffs team and last years team is night and day... so much more exciting to watch than the boring ass Berube hockey. Also amazing, but not surprising, how much of a difference having competent defenseman makes when it comes to offense.

Who was that guy wearing #5? Holy ****. Forgot how good he was.

Having that Pronger guy didn't hurt either. ;)

Hartnell-Briere-Leino too.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
That 2010 playoffs...Danny was unbelieveable. I grew to like his game a lot more then i thought i would when the signing was first announced. Didn't Biron do some recruiting for us there to? Awesome career. 17 seasons for a guy that most people wrote off in the beginning. Extremely impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad