Post-Game Talk: Dank you very much (Canucks beat Sens 4-3 in OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
They'll still have a god awful defense. Gotta look at tb, Chicago and LA for the blueprint, need that #1 anchor and Johnson is underrated IMO but he's not that guy. Also their 4-6 guys are awful.

They could easily move ROR or Duchene for an elite stud defender from a team like Nashville. Not a problem.

I am currently cheering for the avs and oilers.

I'm not sure what to say. I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that our tank year was last year, and Colorado lit the league up in a weak draft year.

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
Hansen needs to be on the 4th line and nothing more.

Guy can't finish his dinner.

5th, 4th, and 7th in goals on the team the past three seasons. I don't get all the hate. He obviously doesn't have the finish of a top 6 player, but considering his role he's done more than his fair share in the goal scoring department.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
The boys deserve a day off tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be fresh and healthy against the Coyotes. 4 pt game

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Hansen needs to be off the Sedin line. He just isn't a top 6 player. Almost everyone has earned a spot on that line ahead of him. ****, I'd even try Matthias there if Jensen doesn't get a shot. At least he's been playing great recently.

I love Hansen, but scoring just isn't his game.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Haha well we'll take the point against great any western teams, trust me. But for real, we had absolutely no reason to be in that game. Right now we're one slick goaltender and a prayer for a lot of games.

Cheers, Ottawa. You're alright. :nod:

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
Hansen needs to be off the Sedin line. He just isn't a top 6 player. Almost everyone has earned a spot on that line ahead of him. ****, I'd even try Matthias there if Jensen doesn't get a shot. At least he's been playing great recently.

He will be off it when vrbatas back. Who's a better option right now?

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010

Only D. Sedin, Burrows, Kesler and Higgins have scored more goals than Hansen the past three seasons. Just some perspective.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Sedins are tied for 6th and 7th in scoring. Yeah it's early but it's nice to see them prove most of their own fansbase wrong.

Funny how certain posters have been MIA so far, but will be the first to return once we hit a slide.

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary
President trophy dynasty in the making. 3 in 5 years would count.

You will need to temper your expectations if you're serious.. But I think this is sarcasm. If it was CDC I'd take you seriously lol.

Canucks have been a bit lucky by corsi standards.. I think we will have a few losing streaks before the years over.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Despite playing some great hockey in the last 8 games, much like with David Booth, Shawn Matthias would be an AWFUL fit with the Twins.

I'd prefer to see Jensen tried there, but aside from that, Hansen is the right choice to play with them, IMO. The second line is perfect and shouldn't be touched, Vey turns that line into a bit of a nighmare defensively, and Matthias is an awful fit and like the second line, has a great thing going with Richardson.

Jensen, Hansen, and possibly even Horvat, are the only sensible choices to play with the Twins, IMO. If Dorsett were healthy, he'd be an interesting one to try as well.

I will say that I think Bonino should be on the first unit PP at this point. Balancing out the units was a failure considering how bad that second unit is. Bonino is such a terrific power play guy at the top of his game right now that it makes no sense not to see what he can do with the Twins.

Lindt

Apr 28, 2010
Sedins are tied for 6th and 7th in scoring. Yeah it's early but it's nice to see them prove most of their own fansbase wrong.

Funny how certain posters have been MIA so far, but will be the first to return once we hit a slide.

Henrik is T-10th and Daniel is T-16th. Your point remains valid though, they've been great.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
Despite playing some great hockey in the last 8 games, much like with David Booth, Shawn Matthias would be an AWFUL fit with the Twins.

I'd prefer to see Jensen tried there, but aside from that, Hansen is the right choice to play with them, IMO. The second line is perfect and shouldn't be touched, Vey turns that line into a bit of a nighmare defensively, and Matthias is an awful fit.

It's between Hansen, and Richardson, IMO. I pick Hansen in that role.
And Richardson has been playing great with Matthias so it makes no sense to split those two either.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

Like who?

Henrik currently has three fewer points than he did at this point last season.

You will not find a bigger Sedin fan than me, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Spamhuis

Mar 29, 2009
Calgary

I'd prefer to see Jensen tried there, but aside from that, Hansen is the right choice to play with them, IMO. The second line is perfect and shouldn't be touched, Vey turns that line into a bit of a nighmare defensively, and Matthias is an awful fit.

It's between Hansen, and Richardson, IMO. I pick Hansen in that role.

I agree 100% with your analysis here, and even if kassian was healthy I still think Hansen's the right choice right now.. Purely because the sedins need someone to cover them on the back check.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Henrik is T-10th and Daniel is T-16th. Your point remains valid though, they've been great.

How so? Crosby is 1st with 24, then Vorachek and Seguin are 2nd and third with 22 and 21 points. Three players are tied for fourth with 19, another 3 tied for fifth with 18, then Hank with 5 others at sixth with 17. Unless its counted differently lol.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
And Richardson has been playing great with Matthias so it makes no sense to split those two either.
Yeah, I just thought of that too.

I do however think it would be a good idea to put Jensen there instead. He fits them really well, is completely wasted on a checking line, and Hansen fits into the bottom six way better.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Like who?

You will not find a bigger Sedin fan than me, but let's try to keep some perspective.

Take a look at the preseason point prediction thread. Some funny numbers being thrown around for the twins.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
How so? Crosby is 1st with 24, then Vorachek and Seguin are 2nd and third with 22 and 21 points. Three players are tied for fourth with 19, another 3 tied for fifth with 18, then Hank with 5 others at sixth with 17. Unless its counted differently lol.

9 players have more points than Henrik, that makes him 10th.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Like who?

People forget how incredible they were at the start of the season last year. They were getting a ton of minutes, and were playing with Kesler on their wing a lot. That was the best line in the NHL for a bit.

The major difference this year, and the reason I think they will be able to sustain their play over the long haul, is obviously the depth on offense and the reduction in the amount of minutes they have to play each night. We finally - FINALLY - seem to have some reliable secondary scoring.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He will be off it when vrbatas back. Who's a better option right now?

Burrows, Jensen. Even Matthias or Vey could be passable. Matthias with his play as of late has done just as much to earn a shot with the twins as Hansen has.

I wish we had someone who could play 2nd line centre other than Bonino, I really wonder how he would fare with the twins.

Only D. Sedin, Burrows, Kesler and Higgins have scored more goals than Hansen the past three seasons. Just some perspective.

We have a lot of new faces on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad