Denmark: Danish NT roster vs Norway 8-9th Nov.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
A) First win over Norway in 11 years by my count. Great way to start for Janne Karlsson
B) Hardt served Tollefsen some tough love. Gotta love Hardt for taking advantage of a possibility to hit that freak.
C) Steffen Frank with 2 goals... Nice to him add to the NT.

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
Congratulations to the victory. :nod: Or even surprise victory perhaps, since most Danish here expressed concern for a big loss and instead got a tight win. Must feel great now, I would be very happy. :)

Do you think it will repeat with a new win in the next game or was it just a fluke?

And I wonder something else, since it's two games and not one. Do both teams try out different styles of gameplay and play different goalies and lines in game 1 and game 2 or what is the purpose of two games in a row?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Congratulations to the victory. :nod: Or even surprise victory perhaps, since most Danish here expressed concern for a big loss and instead got a tight win. Must feel great now, I would be very happy. :)

Do you think it will repeat with a new win in the next game or was it just a fluke?

And I wonder something else, since it's two games and not one. Do both teams try out different styles of gameplay and play different goalies and lines in game 1 and game 2 or what is the purpose of two games in a row?

Thanks!
Actually amazed it was such long ago we beat the Norwegians (2002).
I predicted 1 close game and 1 easy Norwegian victory. So lets hope they can stay with a tight game today.
The two games in a row is for trying different combinations of goalies and lines.
Especially good for Janne Karlsson so he has an idea of what line combinations he wants for the WC in case we don't get many NHL or AHL players over.
Also fantastic that latest edition to the NT Steffen Frank scored twice in his debut, both assisted by Patrick Bjørkstrand. Other goals by Morten Madsen and Nichlas Hardt.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I was working so could not watch the game. Anybody know somewhere to watch the goals?
Nice to see bjorkstrand continuing his impressive khl form in the NT squad.
Him and hardt will be very important if we are lacking north american based players at the wc...

Will be interesting to see if the islanders make the po....would be nice to see regin in the national team for the first time since his injury...

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I was working so could not watch the game. Anybody know somewhere to watch the goals?
Nice to see bjorkstrand continuing his impressive khl form in the NT squad.
Him and hardt will be very important if we are lacking north american based players at the wc...

Will be interesting to see if the islanders make the po....would be nice to see regin in the national team for the first time since his injury...

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Apparently we won the second game a few minutes ago with 3-2. Danish media writes about a new style of playing. Can anyone tell me what the difference is compared to previous years?

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Any Danes on here watched the two friendly’s vs Norway this weekend?

Congratulations with the two wins, the Danish team deserved it. Forechecking was at a level I have never witnessed from a Danish team before.

In the first game on Friday I think the Danish team had the overall advantage. In the second game I think it could have gone either way.

As a Norwegian I must say I am concerned about how the Norwegian team (specially the D-men) handled the Danish pressure in their own zone. Our training staff has a lot of work to do towards next WC.

I don’t know how much you should read in to these two games but I must say I was surprised how the Danish team played. Looks like the future is much brighter for the Danish national team under the new couch. And if you guys get some of your NHL players to join in in a WC squad, the Danish team will be a team to watch out for in the next WC (even for the big Nations) In my opinion.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Any Danes on here watched the two friendly’s vs Norway this weekend?

Congratulations with the two wins, the Danish team deserved it. Forechecking was at a level I have never witnessed from a Danish team before.

In the first game on Friday I think the Danish team had the overall advantage. In the second game I think it could have gone either way.

As a Norwegian I must say I am concerned about how the Norwegian team (specially the D-men) handled the Danish pressure in their own zone. Our training staff has a lot of work to do towards next WC.

I don’t know how much you should read in to these two games but I must say I was surprised how the Danish team played. Looks like the future is much brighter for the Danish national team under the new couch. And if you guys get some of your NHL players to join in in a WC squad, the Danish team will be a team to watch out for in the next WC (even for the big Nations) In my opinion.

I didn't see them, but it's interesting with the change of playing style.
The two wins against Norway could very well be that the Norwegians were completely surprised by Danish forechecking; but then the Norwegians knows what coming the next time.
The Norwegian problem is d-man depth, so forechecking can make some of the lesser lines quite nervous - and I think that has also been the problem the last WC at least when they encounter this style of play.
But I agree with it being a great start for Janne Karlsson to launch a new method and starting it with two victories being underdogs.

The second game had the following goal scorers:
Norway – Denmark 2-3 (0-3,2-0,0-0)
0-1 Morten Madsen
0-2 Morten Madsen (Julian Jakobsen) PP2
0-3 Jesper Jensen (Mads Bødker, Emil Kristensen) PP
1-3 Jonas Holøs (Mathis Olimb)
2-3 Fredrik Lystad Jacobsen (Mathis Olimb, Anders Bastiansen)

So best of Norway were Anders Bastiansen (2G 2A) and Mathis Olimb (0G 4A)
and for Denmark Morten Madsen had 3G 0A in the course of the two games.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
The norwegian media is apparantly upset about hardt's hit on Holøs.........

And Thoresen is PISSED.....which is ofcourse SO hilarious. Has he never watched a video of how he plays?

Old Norse Hockey: Did not see the game but don't be worried. You guys usually show up for the WC....Or thoresen will piss people off enough for them to start doing dirty hits and that will motivate that old viking spirit......Just kidding

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway

And Thoresen is PISSED.....which is ofcourse SO hilarious. Has he never watched a video of how he plays?

Old Norse Hockey: Did not see the game but don't be worried. You guys usually show up for the WC....Or thoresen will piss people off enough for them to start doing dirty hits and that will motivate that old viking spirit......Just kidding

Have Thoresen said anything about the game? If so, I haven’t read that.

About the hit on Holøs I got to say that I don’t think Hardt did that to intentionally hurt him. Sometimes players can go for a hit but doesn’t necessarily mean to hurt a player you know.

That said, I saw the replay on it and I don’t think it was a pretty play. If it was a WC match it could easily been a five minute major.

The match contained some grate battles and fights, but Hey! It’s hockey it’s Norway VS Denmark ,you know! It’s supposed to be like that :laugh:

There is already a big rivalry in Scandinavia, that’s Sweden vs Finland. But we also have the “little brother” rivalry Norway vs Denmark :D

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen

I'm pretty sure you must mean Tollefsen, not Thoresen.

The only thing you could argue was wrong with the Hardt hit was if the head was the principal point of impact. From the video, I can't see if there was an elbow and he certainly didn't leave his feet or made a blindside hit or late or anything like that.

But, having Tollefsen complain about other players playing dirty is quite amusing...

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I'm pretty sure you must mean Tollefsen, not Thoresen.

The only thing you could argue was wrong with the Hardt hit was if the head was the principal point of impact. From the video, I can't see if there was an elbow and he certainly didn't leave his feet or made a blindside hit or late or anything like that.

But, having Tollefsen complain about other players playing dirty is quite amusing...

It's almost as if we left Norway with 3 wins ;) :laugh:

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
I am happy for Denmark but also concerned about Norway. Good for Denmark that everything works out with the new coach and "new" players, and bad for Norway that the negative trend from last WC is still on going. Norway seem to lose too many games that they should win, or have won in past tournaments. Also this might mean that Denmark will take Norway's place as the upsetting underdog, which is both positive and negative.

How come Norway play so bad since the last WC compared to earlier years? :shakehead Too much pressure to be great? As far as I know it's the same coach and playing system now as then, so it's very surprising.

And for Denmark's part I feel very at ease to know that there are new players that will deliver even if the biggest stars are not available. Hopefully this trend will continue. :nod:

ps. I see that Danish fans seem to think Tollefsen plays dirty. Are there any other players that Danish fans don't like, and are there some players that Norwegian fans don't like? Danish/Norwegian players. It's interesting to hear.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
ps. I see that Danish fans seem to think Tollefsen plays dirty. Are there any other players that Danish fans don't like, and are there some players that Norwegian fans don't like? Danish/Norwegian players. It's interesting to hear.

There have been some heated games over the years, but I don't think any other player is hated the way Tollefsen is. Then again, it is his game plan to get under the opposing players' skin, so it's better just to leave him alone and he will grow increasingly frustrated that his game plan isn't working. But, he has been either helped by refs not calling his transgressions or clever enough that they go unnoticed and when that happens it is difficult to show the necessary restraint.

On top of that, he isn't just a goon, he's a very good D-man who plays around 30 mins a game for Norway, so you'd think he should avoid taking too many penalties.

Maybe Hardt is approaching a similar status for Norwegians, I don't know. But Hardt's game is more about throwing hard hits that can be borderline and less about being dirty behind the play.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Have Thoresen said anything about the game? If so, I haven’t read that.

I meant tollefsen...he said this: Det er ikke så mye å si, du forstår at jeg blir forbanna når du ser at jeg gjør det jeg gjør. Når folk går etter huet ditt når du ikke har pucken, da.., sier Tollefsen etter kampen.

- Jeg kunne like gjerne knocket han ned, for han vet ikke at jeg kan bli gærn og, legger Tollefsen til

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

Not the dirtiest player I've ever seen. He dishes some bad hits out sometimes but he's just one of those players you love to hate for a rivaling team. Jannik Hansen or Nichlas Hardt might bring out the same emotions with Norwegians.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Not the dirtiest player I've ever seen. He dishes some bad hits out sometimes but he's just one of those players you love to hate for a rivaling team. Jannik Hansen or Nichlas Hardt might bring out the same emotions with Norwegians.

Jannik is evil motheryouknowwhat..feisty *******

I think Oliver Lauridsen might take that mandle shortly. He was a BEAST in our system where he gets asked to do exactly what he is good at. So it never became a problem that he skates with the speed of an elephant.
But there is something special about hardt because he is so little

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I think Oliver Lauridsen might take that mandle shortly. He was a BEAST in our system where he gets asked to do exactly what he is good at. So it never became a problem that he skates with the speed of an elephant.

It is funny because it is true :laugh:

IMO Tollefsen would be the perfect D-man for Phillys goon-squad.

robwangjing

Jul 10, 2013
Beijing
Ah I see, so it's mostly the rough players that are disliked. I can understand that.

But for example the Canadian Sidney Crosby is very disliked by many people, and I think this is a mix because he is very talented and as people say he is whining/can't take a hit, I don't understand this exactly to be honest. :shakehead

So are there any other players that are disliked between your countries, for other reasons than being a rough and tough player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad