Prospect Info: Danila Yurov RW/C, 24th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't disagree with you regarding long-shot prospects but where does long-shot begin? Kayumov was a mid second round pick in 2016 much the same as Kantserov is in 2023.

I'll just say this - if I were a Wild fan I would hope they get him over here sooner than later even if it means he plays in Iowa for a year or two.
Preaching to the converted, here. If Marat and Ohgren are more or less being handed spots here, Yurov should be too. He had far better seasons than they did, and MN has a crying need for top 9 talent on an ELC next year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Preaching to the converted, here. If Marat and Ohgren are more or less being handed spots here, Yurov should be too. He had far better seasons than they did, and MN has a crying need for top 9 talent on an ELC next year.
Ohgren's PPG actually creeped up pretty close to Yurov's by the end of the year. Just has a much smaller sample size.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Will they put Ohgren on the 2nd line with Rossi? I could see their playstyles meshing.

Ohgren/Hartman/Foligno 3rd line to start the season with the current team build. Hard to really guess until after draft/UFA and we get a better picture.

Rossi is hard for me to place anywhere because he doesn't have great chemistry with anyone. He can play in different lineup spots, but he gives me the Coyle odd man out vibes. If that makes sense.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Rossi probably still needs to be the clear 3rd best on whatever line's on, at least for 1 more year. Problem is we're not constructed to do that if the top line stays together.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ohgren/Hartman/Foligno 3rd line to start the season with the current team build. Hard to really guess until after draft/UFA and we get a better picture.

Rossi is hard for me to place anywhere because he doesn't have great chemistry with anyone. He can play in different lineup spots, but he gives me the Coyle odd man out vibes. If that makes sense.
I thought Rossi was good with Foligno early in the year. People will hate that I’m sure :laugh:

It’s funny, cause Rossi plays a grinder possession game. Not a skill game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I thought Rossi was good with Foligno early in the year. People will hate that I’m sure :laugh:

It’s funny, cause Rossi plays a grinder possession game. Not a skill game.

I thought Folligno covered up a lot of Rossi's flaws at the start of the season. By flaws I mean just normal rookie growing pains stuff.

I think they'd like to start Marat K with Foligno next season and make a d-zone start line. A Foligno/Marat K/Freddy G line (d-zone start) wouldn't surprise me at all.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd just call it a safe rookie game more than anything else, at the moment.
I just never saw any flashes of high level skill and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Solid two way play is his game. A mini Eriksson Ek.
I thought Folligno covered up a lot of Rossi's flaws at the start of the season. By flaws I mean just normal rookie growing pains stuff.

I think they'd like to start Marat K with Foligno next season and make a d-zone start line. A Foligno/Marat K/Freddy G line (d-zone start) wouldn't surprise me at all.
Freddy not on the 4th line is a problem for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00