News Article: Daniel Sedin set to appear in 1,000th NHL Game vs. Chicago

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Lols.

Honestly you guys have been so lucky to have the privilege of having a situation like this. I'm just happy I even get to catch the tail end of it.

How old are you?

I remember draft day 1999 and TSN pimping our move to get these two budding superstars. It took 6 years, but they have indeed been superstars - :yo:. Looking forward to their induction into the HHOF.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
How old are you?

I remember draft day 1999 and TSN pimping our move to get these two budding superstars. It took 6 years, but they have indeed been superstars - :yo:. Looking forward to their induction into the HHOF.

30, but sadly I've only been in Canada 2.5 years.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
It boggles the mind that so many fans here are so completely unappreciative of how special what we've seen from the Sedins over the past decade plus has been. We'll never see the likes of it again in our lifetimes, and a large portion of the fanbase has spent their careers complaining about them and essentially staring into the mud while a rainbow was overhead.

while pining for the "good old days" of naslund and bertuzzi no less.

no, no one anywhere will ever see anything like henrik and daniel again. that was/is truly special.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
It boggles the mind that so many fans here are so completely unappreciative of how special what we've seen from the Sedins over the past decade plus has been. We'll never see the likes of it again in our lifetimes, and a large portion of the fanbase has spent their careers complaining about them and essentially staring into the mud while a rainbow was overhead.

They don't play a tough Canadian game where they drive to the net, and they don't score like Ovechkin or Naslund or Bure. Over time though, I've grown to love their style of play more than the others. Bure was amazing to see when he got the puck because every time he had it, he could score. With the Sedins though, you can think they're just cycling harmlessly or working along the boards when all of a sudden a player sneaks into the slot and Sedin puts the puck right on his tape blind. Special stuff, and they certainly play a physical game with how they get slashed and crosschecked every single night.

I remember when the Sedins first came over and they couldn't even skate. It was embarrassing and I remember people being very concerned that we traded up to pick these guys. Soon though, it was clear that they worked hard and were solid defensively and didn't really cost you when they were on the ice. They worked on their skating and they started scoring off the rush and put up insane point totals while having pretty poor wingers (Burrows is pretty okay, but he isn't a first liner without chemistry). Klatt, Carter, Pyatt. Imagine if the Sedins had someone like Vrbata 5 years ago, or even a hall of fame lock like Selanne. They would have been devastating.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Klatt, Carter, Pyatt. Imagine if the Sedins had someone like Vrbata 5 years ago, or even a hall of fame lock like Selanne. They would have been devastating.

and this is why my all-time canucks team will always look like this:

sedin sedin neely
bure larionov mogilny
naslund linden bertuzzi
burrows kesler smyl

reinhart ohlund
hamhuis jovanovski
mitchell salo

luongo
mclean

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver

Well put MS. Their chemistry and play will probably never again be emulated in pro sports, let alone the NHL. Truly remarkable. I love these guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad