News Article: Daniel Sedin set to appear in 1,000th NHL Game vs. Chicago

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
My favorite Daniel stat is the 11 OT goals, which puts him in a 7 way tie for 11th all time in that stat. If he would have scored on that close OT chance last night he would have jumped to 8th all time, tied with Brett Hull, Brendan Shannahan and Ovechkin.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My favorite Daniel stat is the 11 OT goals, which puts him in a 7 way tie for 11th all time in that stat. If he would have scored on that close OT chance last night he would have jumped to 8th all time, tied with Brett Hull, Brendan Shannahan and Ovechkin.

That is a wicked stat. Although he's actually got 12 career OT winners. Jagr is the all-time leader with 18 (or at least he had 18 at the start of the year)

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Don't know for certain, but I'm 99.9% certain Henrik did. Not by a lot, though.

Without a doubt Henrik had better point totals at the 1,000 game mark. Just look back at how Daniel's play has dropped off in the last couple years compared to Henrik's and then compare that to the fact that during the games in hand that Henrik had with Daniel's injury, Henrik was still producing around a PPG if not more during that stretch.

Regardless, would be nice to see a Daniel hat-trick Sunday.

BigTruzz

Jul 19, 2011
Surrey

5 is the record for OT goals scored in a year, already has two(should've had 3) so it looks he has a shot this year. ESP with the way the Sedins are shredding defenses in overtime.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
It's official, I'm old

Yup, me too.

Reminded me of this nugget from Friedman's 30 Thoughts today:

Adam Lowry had a terrific story about lining up for a faceoff against Eric Nystrom. “He turned to me and said, ‘Are you (Dave’s) son?’†Lowry said. “I told him I was, and he said, ‘(Bleep), I’m old.’†Dave Lowry coached Nystrom in Calgary.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Congrats :D And nice to see him look closer to himself this season.

Still doesn't have his shot back but definitely not dragging Hank down anymore :P

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Every year come draft day, for the duration of their lives, the twins should be sending Burkie a thank you card and chocolate, or whatever he's into.

They would have had very different careers, nowhere near as productive, me thinks, if they played on separate teams.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Without a doubt Henrik had better point totals at the 1,000 game mark. Just look back at how Daniel's play has dropped off in the last couple years compared to Henrik's and then compare that to the fact that during the games in hand that Henrik had with Daniel's injury, Henrik was still producing around a PPG if not more during that stretch.

Regardless, would be nice to see a Daniel hat-trick Sunday.

If he did, it was by ten at most. All this talk of how Henrik has owned Daniel in abilities since the Keith elbow...and yet he had 8 more points in those two seasons combined. :facepalm:

Daniel=Henrik. Period.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Who had more points at 1000 him or Hank?

In 999 career games, Henrik Sedin has registered 192 goals and 641 assists, ranking him first on the Canucks' all-time scoring list.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/452285

daniel's stats: 999 311 514 825

so yeah, 8 point lead for hank.

EDIT:

If he did, it was by ten at most. All this talk of how Henrik has owned Daniel in abilities since the Keith elbow...and yet he had 8 more points in those two seasons combined. :facepalm:

Daniel=Henrik. Period.

wow, exactly an 8 point differential since the keith hit. that's crazy.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/452285

daniel's stats: 999 311 514 825

so yeah, 8 point lead for hank.

EDIT:

wow, exactly an 8 point differential since the keith hit. that's crazy.

Even though they play on the same line, It's amazing how their careers have been almost identical. Both peaking in the same years to collect some trophies (not that they're awful or anything now), insanely close to each other in points per game. People like to give Daniel a hard time and call Henrik 'the good one', but they're both very skilled players and Daniel can move the puck just as well as Henrik, I'm going to be very sad when they leave the Canucks and go home :(

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Even though they play on the same line, It's amazing how their careers have been almost identical. Both peaking in the same years to collect some trophies (not that they're awful or anything now), insanely close to each other in points per game. People like to give Daniel a hard time and call Henrik 'the good one', but they're both very skilled players and Daniel can move the puck just as well as Henrik, I'm going to be very sad when they leave the Canucks and go home :(

It boggles the mind that so many fans here are so completely unappreciative of how special what we've seen from the Sedins over the past decade plus has been. We'll never see the likes of it again in our lifetimes, and a large portion of the fanbase has spent their careers complaining about them and essentially staring into the mud while a rainbow was overhead.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00