Daniel Sedin as 3rd line centre

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
just a suggestion but I think it might have some merit

Daniels game has evolved over the years morphing into a playmaker more than a scorer why not split up the Sedins and get Daniel on the 3rd line as a centre and see what happens.

He is close to 700 career assists.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Baertchi Horvat Boeser
Granny Henrick Virtanen
Danny Gagner Vanek
Burmur Sutter Dorset

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I suggested using the Sedins as centers once when the team ran out of centers. They used Burrows, instead.

Sedins must be actively refusing separate assignments or it would have been tried by now.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
you want us to have two different lines centered by a player who can no longer handle the physical and defensive rigours demanded by the position?

at least henrik has been doing it long enough and has enough habitual knowhow to not be a total liability.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
just a suggestion but I think it might have some merit

Daniels game has evolved over the years morphing into a playmaker more than a scorer why not split up the Sedins and get Daniel on the 3rd line as a centre and see what happens.

He is close to 700 career assists.

Seriously, when I hear someone say Daniel has "Morphed" into a playmaker I start to think maybe they've never watched a Canucks game.

Daniel has ALWAYS been a playmaker, he just shot more than Hank because someone HAD to shoot eventually, and a winger is usually going to have more opportunities to get themselves in scoring positions than a center who regardless of where they are in the cycle, always has to keep an eye on the slot.

The Sedins have identical skill sets, doesn't anyone remember Henrik's Art Ross year? Daniel was hurt for a long period and all of a sudden POOF! Henrik is scoring goals at will.....he always could, it just wasn't his job description when Daniel was around.

Daniel has always been every bit the playmaker Henrik is, there is really no difference in their skill sets at all, just different roles played based on position.

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
Well, in Henrik's Art Ross year, he still didn't shooting much. However, instead of passing it to Daniel, he passed the puck into the net :laugh:

Reactions: vancityluongo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Daniel as a center?...not likely after 17 seasons......just hope before the end of the year Green splits them up.....I really believe Henrik is still capable of driving a scoring line.....but with Daniel just too predictable and slow for today's NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad