Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
hF2820133

PricePkPatch*

wow, this thread is awesome btw.
I'm a born and raised Montrealer , and I always wondered why I struggled to integrate into QC society. Now I know; it's because I've never heard of or watched TLMEP.

Pretty sure Bleu Nuit gives me QC cred though. :naughty:

it's not a cause, it's a symptom.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Briere living up to his contract obligations by producing where it counts... content for the Quebec media. $4mil a year is real nice for a PR job... and if he scores a couple of goals... BONUS!

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Tout Le Monde En Parle...Most pretentious, depressing talk show!! (almost as pretentious as Xavier Dolan with his narcissistic/pretentious/B.S. hipster movies).

Imo, Guy A. Lepage and this show is trying too hard to be like a talk-show from France, but it doesn't pull it off (way too cheesy)...far from it. Trying so hard to be serious and important...but it just comes off as extremely pretentious!! (imo).

Not a french vs english thing for me 'cause I feel the same way sometimes towards some CBC shows which are way too low-budget, too cheesy or too depressing to watch... imo.

Again...all this is just in my opinion.

p.s.: the positive...I loved Guy A. Lepage when he was part of the comedy sketch/skit show ''Rock et Belle Oreilles''. (hilarious show...a french-Quebecois version of SNL and Kids in the Hall). But these days I can't stand his pretentious facial expression and tone of voice on that crappy show he is on (where everyone on it is pretending that their **** don't stink!).

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I kind of understand Briere, tho. Like he said; even if he tried to explain it, that would just raise more questions and more criticism. People didn't wanted an explanation, they wanted to be mad at him.

Defending yourself openly when people just want to be mad at you never ends well.

Basically that. I am not saying "you should watch it". Hell, I don't even watch it anymore, myself.

But.. if you have lived for years in Quebec and yet never came across the existence of this show, or heard it mentionned, you should re-evaluate your level of integration.

Level of integration?!! Scary comment!
Imo, not knowing TLMEP is actually a good thing since it's so DEPRESSING and PRETENTIOUS!! (it's a show that's trying so hard in being ''Francais de France'', yet it still ends up being a cheesy, grey, low-budget, very depressing french-Quebecois show (and did I mention extremely pretentious!). Integration through knowing this show?!! And believe it or not...I have friends who don't like TV! (they try their best only to watch it when they leave their place).

Let's talk about level of tastes instead of level of integration!!
Anyways...tastes are ''to each his/her own''.

Cheers!!

p.s.:
''Rock et Belle Oreilles'':handclap:
''Tout Le Monde En Parle'' and Guy A. Lepage:cry::shakehead:help: (pretentious crap with people pretending their **** don't stink, again...just my opinion!).
p.s. II: I like reading your posts...maybe it's better we stick to hockey! (more relaxing/fun VS relating a french-Quebecois tv show to politics or integration,etc).

Last edited:

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Tout Le Monde En Parle...Most pretentious, depressing talk show!! (almost as pretentious as Xavier Dolan with his narcissistic/pretentious/B.S. hipster movies).

Imo, Guy A. Lepage and this show is trying too hard to be like a talk-show from France, but it doesn't pull it off (way too cheesy)...far from it. Trying so hard to be serious and important...but it just comes off as extremely pretentious!! (imo).

Not a french vs english thing for me 'cause I feel the same way sometimes towards some CBC shows which are way too low-budget, too cheesy or too depressing to watch... imo.

Again...all this is just in my opinion.

p.s.: the positive...I loved Guy A. Lepage when he was part of the comedy sketch/skit show ''Rock et Belle Oreilles''. (hilarious show...a french-Quebecois version of SNL and Kids in the Hall). But these days I can't stand his pretentious facial expression and tone of voice on that crappy show he is on (where everyone on it is pretending that their **** don't stink!).

Couldnt agree more !! And that s the reason why i dislike that show.

PricePkPatch*

.... man, you are ****ing paranoid.

I don't tell you that you should love the show. Just that you should know that its exist. How ****ing isolated from Quebec's society do you have to be if you never heard of TLMEP? It's like living in the US for 10 years and know having a clue as to who Oprah or the Simpsons are.

You don't have to LIKE these things; just know of them. Acting like: "Wtf is that cartoon with yellow people?" is a sad, sad thing.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
.... man, you are ****ing paranoid.

I don't tell you that you should love the show. Just that you should know that its exist. How ****ing isolated from Quebec's society do you have to be if you never heard of TLMEP? It's like living in the US for 10 years and know having a clue as to who Oprah or the Simpsons are.

You don't have to LIKE these things; just know of them. Acting like: "Wtf is that cartoon with yellow people?" is a sad, sad thing.

Oprah and TLMEP aren't the same in magnitude. Not even close.

Anyway, why are we still talking about this anyway?:laugh:(not to you, but in general).

PricePkPatch*

Oprah and TLMEP aren't the same in magnitude. Not even close.

Anyway, why are we still talking about this anyway?:laugh:(not to you, but in general).

Obviously. One is known throughout the USA, 300M people, while the other is known across French-Quebec, 5.5M people. That's amost 2 degrees of magnitude right there.

Still, general knowledge penetration is similar.

Valois

Feb 12, 2012
Ottawa
wow, this thread is awesome btw.
I'm a born and raised Montrealer , and I always wondered why I struggled to integrate into QC society. Now I know; it's because I've never heard of or watched TLMEP.

Pretty sure Bleu Nuit gives me QC cred though. :naughty:

Anglo-Ottawan here - Bleu Nuit I literally never put together in my head as being from the province of Quebec. Was too young to really grasp that Ottawa and Gatineau were in different provinces. I guess that means...
I was too young to be watching Bleu Nuit. :yo:

As far as the ORIGINAL topic of this thread goes - I was thinking of moving to Montreal so it's good to know that having watched a bit of TLMEP will be a cultural asset.

PricePkPatch*

As far as the ORIGINAL topic of this thread goes - I was thinking of moving to Montreal so it's good to know that having watched a bit of TLMEP will be a cultural asset.

It's always a good thing to know about the culture you are trying to integrate. Even silly stuff like "the most popular talk show" is the sort of things that helps you be part.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Happy to see he seems to believe he'll be back with a good season. Not sure it will happen but this gave me hope.

Nom de Guerre

You Had ONE JOB
Apr 12, 2013
Hochelaga Archip.
I guess then I haven't integrated into the Quebecois way of life (even if I was born and raised in MTL) because I don't watch Occupation Double.:sarcasm:

As for Briere I don't like how he is sidestepping the question on why he didn't pick the habs back when he signed for Philly.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Man, some people just won't understand a ****ing point, won't they?

It's not about WATCHING a ****ing show, it's simply being away of its existence. You know the existence of Occupation Double, as stupid a show as it might be. Therefore, I can properly assume you at least have some connection with the Quebec society; that you haven't cut yourself off from anything french.

I had actually heard about OD, because ALOT of people I know talk about it. No one has ever talked to me about TLMEP, but hey at least now I know about it. I barely watch TV as is, and I almost never watch Quebecois television. So that's probably why I knew nothing about this show, now can we let this go? Honestly, who gives a ****.

Nom de Guerre

You Had ONE JOB
Apr 12, 2013
Hochelaga Archip.

It's not about WATCHING a ****ing show, it's simply being away of its existence. You know the existence of Occupation Double, as stupid a show as it might be. Therefore, I can properly assume you at least have some connection with the Quebec society; that you haven't cut yourself off from anything french.

dont get your jimmies rustled man, I was being sarcastic hence the smiley

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
I used to watch TLMEP and when there is a good guest on it's actually pretty interesting.

As for Briere, hearing him say how he always grew up wanting to be a Canadien and when Guy LePage asked him why he signed with Philly instead, he refused to answer and give a straight forward answer. I felt LePage let him off too easy with the question that everyone wants an answer for. All his answers seemed fake and rehearsed.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I used to watch TLMEP and when there is a good guest on it's actually pretty interesting.

As for Briere, hearing him say how he always grew up wanting to be a Canadien and when Guy LePage asked him why he signed with Philly instead, he refused to answer and give a straight forward answer. I felt LePage let him off too easy with the question that everyone wants an answer for. All his answers seemed fake and rehearsed.

Why would Briere reopen that can of worms?

Le Casque de Mats

Mar 6, 2011
Montréal

Your point is clear and I completely agree with you. I hate everything TVA, I never watch it, yet I know what Occupation Double is..!

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Why would Briere reopen that can of worms?

I thought the whole point of an interview was to get answers and to learn something new about that person that you didn't already know. As a fan I want to know, If it was for more money or whatever then fine just come out and say it but don't make it sound like it was always your dream to play here now that you're over the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad